BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

10-05-2005, 06:26 PM   #23
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by saalim
sounds like u just swallowed a dictionary!!!....or am I flaunting my egotistic hubris.
Swallow a dictionary? Bah! I had to chew it first.

Showing one's sagacity through vocabulary is a good thing. It permits others to improve their erudition in the English language on top of being able to communicate more concisely without being impudently terse. Unless the majority of the folks here are still in their highschool infancy, I apologize in advance for any muddling my esoteric argot may have caused. If I made you look into a dictionary then that's good - my posts goaded you to actually learn something. If you read my posts, can't grasp the pith of it, and don't wish to pursue its meanings any further, then perhaps my posts should be reserved for other E90 pandits. I'm not trying to be a haughty pedant - everybody has access to dictionaries.

I don't think anybody using good English is really conceited, unless they are using equivocal eloquence.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 06:28 PM   #24
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenDriver
I think most people hate BMW drivers because of BMW drivers like me.

I am somewhat proud of this. =)
Easy Zen, too much admitting it and we won't hate you with as much passion!

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 06:30 PM   #25
saalim
Non Resident
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks

Showing one's sagacity through vocabulary is a good thing. It permits others to improve their erudition in the English language on top of being able to communicate more concisely without being impudently terse. Unless the majority of the folks here are still in their highschool infancy, I apologize in advance for any muddling my esoteric argot may have caused. If I made you look into a dictionary then that's good - my posts goaded you to actually learn something. If you read my posts, can't grasp the pith of it, and don't wish to pursue its meanings any further, then perhaps my posts should be reserved for other E90 pandits. I'm not trying to be a haughty pedant - everybody has access to dictionaries.

I don't think anybody using good English is really conceited, unless they are using equivocal eloquence.
Pleasee.........dont buy a BMW!!!!!

2006 325i | 6MT | Black Sapphire Metallic/Terra Leather/Burl Walnut | ZPP/ZCW | Premium Sound/Navigation/Xenon/PDC/Satellite Radio
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 06:33 PM   #26
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saalim
sounds like u just swallowed a dictionary!!!....or am I flaunting my egotistic hubris.
Leave him alone Saalim!! I look forward to every post featuring Squawks' intimate knowledge of my language....sure beats the OMG LOL wussup stuff that has permeated our language since the 'net showed up!!

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 06:45 PM   #27
Squawks
United_States
Rep

yes, mebe i should just type lik this jus lik evbody else

but n e wayz, i was jus tryin to say that them bmw drivers need to stop bein arrgont cuz it is annoying and cuz it makes other ppl mad and cuz this will make them hate bmws back and then it will never end and cuz i wont want that cuz i want to get a bimmer too...like totally...like OMG, LOL, yeah

word, homie. peaz out.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 06:54 PM   #28
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
yes, mebe i should just type lik this jus lik evbody else

but n e wayz, i was jus tryin to say that them bmw drivers need to stop bein arrgont cuz it is annoying and cuz it makes other ppl mad and cuz this will make them hate bmws back and then it will never end and cuz i wont want that cuz i want to get a bimmer too...like totally...like OMG, LOL, yeah

word, homie. peaz out.
Scary Squawks, very scary. Please go back to the King's English!

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 07:02 PM   #29
Xens
Eh
Rep
Drives: Is Turbo'd

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
My BMW is my passion, been dreaming of it ever since I learned how to drive. It was perhaps the single most stupid decision I've ever made in my life so far by buying a BMW before buying a house. But it was an itch that I had to scratch, and it's been worth every penny. The drive is so fantastic with the manual transmission I can't keep that grin off of my face when I'm driving. Now that I've done it, I'll be more than happy to buy a Civic when I get my next car.

I tried to give thumbs up or a wave on quite a few occasions to other BMW drivers but I either got ignored or received a cold stare, is it because I'm Asian and I'm young? God as witness knows that I had worked my ass off for most of the things in my possession INCLUDING this car (but I have a nice mother who seems to think I never have enough money, so not all of my things are bought by me), or perhaps I just don't look like I deserve to be respected.

EDIT: I meant to say that a BMW is not a status symbol, at least IMO. Somehow it didn't come out correctly. I'm 21 BTW.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 07:13 PM   #30
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:

im acutally proud that i understood what you wrote...lol...
      10-05-2005, 07:24 PM   #31
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Xens, I think other drivers' snobbery has to do with the fact that they aren't e90 posters! I have given up trying to realte to other car drivers, both in the Bimmer and when I had my Legacy...unless you see the sticker in the rear window (www.e90post.com), don't bother waving!!!

Now if you were on a motorcycle, you would get a wave 99 per cent of the time!

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 07:28 PM   #32
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedragon
I didn't sell my Legacy. I just kept it and got a bimmer

But yeah, I find Subaru drivers to be more civilized
Yeah, but this was my daily driver, and it was painful on my back and legs....besides I have an X5 and a '98 Jimmy (farm truck and current commuter), so I didn't need a Legacy.

Funny, all the Legacy drivers I gave a thumbs up to either looked at me like was a homo (not there's anything wrong with that), or from another planet. WRX and STi drivers didn't even notice me....

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 07:35 PM   #33
AskNiko
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i + 4Runner

Garage List
06 325i  [0.00]
Non bimmer owners don't get it. Once you've driven a bimmer, you are hooked. It will be hard to drive another car.

When asked about my decision to get a BMW, I ask back if they have driven a BMW. If the answer is no, I ask them to test drive one so they can understand.

|U.S. Spec. 325i | 6 Spd. Manual | Titanium Silver | Black Leatherette | Aluminum Trim | Sports Package | Xenons | Sat. Prep. |
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 07:39 PM   #34
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

I used to bust really hard on a co-worker who has a Bimmer. Snob, yuppy, poser...he took it well, while I tooled around in my Saab turbo. Then I drove a Bimmer and got one. Then I got the X5. Now he laughs at me every chance he gets and mocks me for being such a prick before....it's all good natured, but the brand sure does arouse some passion!

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 07:57 PM   #35
Cory1000
God
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenDriver
I think most people hate BMW drivers because of BMW drivers like me.

I am somewhat proud of this. =)
Ditto!!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 08:00 PM   #36
Cory1000
God
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz5
"hit it if you want, I will just get a new one, but if you hurt my son thats in my car now I will ______ing kill you."
Thats F-ing Funny...I would have love to been around to see that!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 08:14 PM   #37
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
...showing one's sagacity through vocabulary is a good thing. It permits others to improve their erudition in the English language on top of being able to communicate more concisely without being impudently terse...
Hey, you watch your language around here...this is a family-oriented forum!

Actually, I admire your verbose yet eloquent speech in your posts. It shows you take pride in what you say and how you say it. Nothing irritates me more when I check out Yahoo! personals and people are typing crap like yO wAzZ uP? Anyway, I wish my vocabulary was as well-versed as yours. I admit I have the word of the day delivered to my email address everyday from dictionary.com, but alas, I still consider myself to have a second-rate vocabulary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xens
It was perhaps the single most stupid decision I've ever made in my life so far by buying a BMW before buying a house.
What makes you say that? This was my plan all along. A loan for $40,000 is a heck of a lot easier to pay off than a $250,000 loan! I suppose I wanted to test the water with a car loan first. With any luck, that loan is coming in less than three years. Yeah, I could have kept my old car and waited for a bimmer in a few more years, but it's way too much fun right now. When it comes time to worry about the mortgage, I can at least say I had fun for a few years of somewhat financial freedom with an open road in the driver's seat of my new bimmer and only that loan to worry about!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 08:17 PM   #38
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

And besides, with the folding back seats you can sleep in your car...all is not lost!!!

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 08:46 PM   #39
BrunoT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F-150

We've owned 3 bmw's, a Saab, and various domestic and Japanese pickups.

My wife had about 4 ugly incidents with tailgaters and such when she drove a 540. Zero in 3 years with the Saab. I was driving the 540 when some rednecks in the mountains cruised by and spit on the windshield. I did have a new Dodge Ram 4x4 keyed the week I got it in a mall shopping lot back in '98.

Obviously there's a problem there. I see some idiot BMW drivers but also from other brands. I will say that on the internet I have noticed more BMW posters with obnoxious or arrogant attitudes. A lot more emphasis on displaying wealth that with other brands. I tend to cringe when I see people pursuing "worldly" lives. So I'm not jealous but I am not into the whole "stylin' and profilin'" aspect of BMW ownership. That's a losing game in the long run, as you will always be comparing yourself to others based on things that don't really matter and it will always leave you frustrated.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 08:49 PM   #40
Squawks
United_States
Rep

Last I checked, a good-sized condo of a single bedroom in the bay area fetches nearly half a million. Not that housing is dearth but the west coast is too popular. I guess the same would apply to the east coast as well such as NY.

A car loan isn't a consternation for most folks as the result of copious amounts of lenders who importunately write off home loans to anybody.

Life is too short - I'd say it's best to bask under the sunroof zipping through convoluted roads while your bones are still intact. Of course, the idiosyncracies of our multifarious population results with various priorities.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 08:49 PM   #41
NaTuReB0Y