Mpro
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: AW 1M & other BMW's

Battery in Akrapovic remote control

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I have the Akropvic + Remote and N55 Mids now for nearly 3 months on my car.
Couldn't be happier with the sound, look and the ability to switch between civilised (white) and loud (red) mode.
I also notice that with the miles piling up, the sound gets even better ( read: deeper and richer)

I have one little issue: The battery in my remote control is already dead so I have to leave it in the socket if I want to use it.
Not a big deal but it was nice to stun people who were standing around the car. Being able to alter the sound while not being in it was pretty cool.

Only 3 months on 1 battery seems too short?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 04:33 AM   #2
Sheil
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Mine was dead after 3 months too - it isn't using the most economical wireless tech - I'm guessing it is constantly draining the battery even when you're not using it. The best would have been a tiny rechargeable NiMH battery that charges when in the socket...

Wanna upgrade our remotes Akrapovic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpro View Post
I have the Akropvic + Remote and N55 Mids now for nearly 3 months on my car.
Couldn't be happier with the sound, look and the ability to switch between civilised (white) and loud (red) mode.
I also notice that with the miles piling up, the sound gets even better ( read: deeper and richer)

I have one little issue: The battery in my remote control is already dead so I have to leave it in the socket if I want to use it.
Not a big deal but it was nice to stun people who were standing around the car. Being able to alter the sound while not being in it was pretty cool.

Only 3 months on 1 battery seems too short?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 05:56 AM   #3
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

I leave it where it belongs: plugged into the power socket. Never any issue, always "at arms length" and without risk of forgetting, damaging or losing it (except if stolen - but it's a useless device without the Akra and cables).
      06-11-2013, 06:43 AM   #4
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I leave it where it belongs: plugged into the power socket. Never any issue, always "at arms length" and without risk of forgetting, damaging or losing it (except if stolen - but it's a useless device without the Akra and cables).
As you say: that button is very much dedicated to the akra hardware, I'd expect people to go for the hardwire option as well (between the button and the valve it switches)! No battery worries and only using power on demand.

Has anyone studied or tried that?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 07:08 AM   #5
Mpro
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: AW 1M & other BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

Actually I leave it in the power socket too.
I just wonder why Akra bother to offer us a remote control if it only lasts 3 months?
As Sheil said:
If they would offer a battery that recharges when it's in the socket...
Appreciate 0