Rep
Drives: Black 1M

FS - Canadian 1M - Black - $41K USD - 69K Miles

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 41,000.00

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
It's with a heavy heart I list my 1M. It has been such a great experience owning it.

It's my daily driver. I have a set of Snow Tires (Sotto Zero 240) and Rims that can go with it or not, it won't really affect the price not taking them since I will be stuck trying to get ride of them in the end.

New Pilot Super Sports (used for 9K miles)

There are rim scrapes from rubbing curb and 2 or 3 small stone chips on the hood as well. I plan on having them touched up professionally when it goes in for detailing. Zero doors dings or dents. Other than the chips, it is perfect.

No accidents, damage etc. NEVER tracked. (That is almost sad, but I was always too afraid)

Obviously always dealer maintained. The next service will happen very soon. The mileage is as of today, Sept 10th, 2016. 59006 miles [***July 3rd, 69,480 miles.***]

No mechanical mods of any kind! The only alteration is I've added a trailer hitch for a bike rack. I have never had more than 55 lbs on it. It can be removed fairly easily.

It's Black and has all Canadian options. Executive Package, Nav and Apps. Those were the only options for us. I am the original owner. Short VIN is 47844. It was a Nov 2011 production, delivered Dec 9th, 2011. (PDF deal sheet / brochure attached)

Delivery arrangements can be discussed. If sold in US, I would consider delivery, but import paperwork is buyer responsibility, and the buyer may be required at the port of entry. TBD, not sure how that all works but willing to help how I can.

PM me if interested. Price is negotiable.

Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf dcb_1M.pdf (399.0 KB, 201 views)

Last edited by dcb; 07-03-2017 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: Updating
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 12:31 PM   #2
COChris
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2C

Wow! Your price is a tad low. I would stay firm there. You may be able to trade your car in at that price in the States as the dollar is slightly stronger.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 12:23 PM   #3
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by COChris
Wow! Your price is a tad low. I would stay firm there. You may be able to trade your car in at that price in the States as the dollar is slightly stronger.
Actually for US market price is fine as is considering higher mileage. Someone in the US will have to import it and pay 2.5% duty on top. Also in a private party sale customs will use KBB to assess value for the duties. Additionally, if they use a shipping company they will have to pay customs broker fee, high international shipping cost with scary shipper conditions. You also take about a 2% hit in international wire conversion.

I personally purchased and imported a 1M from Canada last August because I'm sure a bunch of people will chime in with different opinions even though they've never actually done it. Personally importing it is the best way and you will not have to swap the cluster which I don't recommend doing in Canada as Champignon will chime in. He experienced some grief at his Idaho DMV until the selling dealer gave him a receipt that Canadian BMW dealer changed the cluster before importing to US. They wanted to list it as unverifiable mileage until he produced the document. It would be better to import it as is so there is no doubt whatsoever about mileage and register in US. Once everything is complete, if the buyer wants to change cluster to MPH, they can do it at a US dealer and have US documentation. The cluster and labor run about $1300. Personally I love the 300 KPH speedo and still have it today. The digital part of cluster can be quickly changed to MPH for V speed and other ones to Fahrenheit and odometer to miles. My 13 year old switched it for me before I got to read the manual. If someone is seriously interested in buying this and importing I would be happy to share my experience. But as far as price goes, I wouldn't raise it for US market. It is doable if someone wants bring this beauty down! Best wishes.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 01:37 PM   #4
Grinchxvx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Glad the market is getting somewhat affordable. I know there are people out there like me who really just want the car and don't mind higher miles as much
JB4 G5 + BMS race flash, BMS meth kit, VRSF DP, Big tom Ic, BMS chinese tester CP, Custom Muffler Delete, BMS Oil Cooler Valve, Cowl Filters, Clutch Stop, B&M Short Shifter, Spec Stg 2+ Clutch W/ Oem dmfw, Vmr V710, KW v2, M RSFB, 1M Front and rear Bumper, Performance Side Skirts, slek trunk, Lci blacklines.]
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 05:52 PM   #5
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

C,mom guys. Chris Harris just bought a black one like this! Price is negotiable and I'll be happy to tell you the best way to import it. Someone should start checking it out! : )
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 06:35 PM   #6
dcb
Private
Rep

Thanks Nachob!

I love that Chris Harris just bought one (I'm a little disappointed he's on Top Gear now)

Price Negotiable should be clarified...If I have no effort and someone wants to cash in my hand, I would reduce the price a little, otherwise, I am fairly comfortable with the holding to the offering price if I am "work" for it.

The reason I am selling for such an "affordable" price is the current exchange rate on the dollar. For me, this is about an 8% depreciation for what I paid for it when it was Brand New. I am extremely happy getting that. Maybe if I hold out I could get more, but I don't want to sit on it for the next 8 months. I'm certainly in no rush to "dump" it for a lowball offer.

Nachob I truly appreciate the offer to help.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 06:49 PM   #7
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb
Thanks Nachob!

I love that Chris Harris just bought one (I'm a little disappointed he's on Top Gear now)

Price Negotiable should be clarified...If I have no effort and someone wants to cash in my hand, I would reduce the price a little, otherwise, I am fairly comfortable with the holding to the offering price if I am "work" for it.

The reason I am selling for such an "affordable" price is the current exchange rate on the dollar. For me, this is about an 8% depreciation for what I paid for it when it was Brand New. I am extremely happy getting that. Maybe if I hold out I could get more, but I don't want to sit on it for the next 8 months. I'm certainly in no rush to "dump" it for a lowball offer.

Nachob I truly appreciate the offer to help.
Yes. I get it and I think the price is good. A lot of Canadians recently have been posting at US prices which don't make sense for the extra time and cost to import so this is great and I can help guide someone if you get someone seriously interested. Best wishes
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2017, 12:27 PM   #8
dcb
Private
Rep

Mega Bump! I am selling again. Updated pricing in USD is $41,000

69,500 miles on the odometer.

I just put the summer tires on 2 weeks ago. They only have about 14K of daily driving on them.

Brand new rear winters now.

Hood was painted a few months ago.

I am willing to deliver. Also willing to acquire the letter for BMW USA for anyone interested in importing.

Thanks for checking it out. A couple of current pictures:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2017, 04:36 PM   #9
digwm1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

wowzers! car looks so clean, love it, glws
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 12:21 PM   #10
dcb
Private
Rep

Sold. Sad and relieved at the same time.

RS3 Sedan delivered 6 before I sold it. (My peak - owned a BMW 1M and an Audi RS3 at the same time. haha)
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2017, 02:03 AM   #11
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
Sold. Sad and relieved at the same time.

RS3 Sedan delivered 6 before I sold it. (My peak - owned a BMW 1M and an Audi RS3 at the same time. haha)
Congrats! Did it sell in Canada or end up going to US?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2017, 09:57 PM   #12
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Anyone know if this car came to the US or stayed in Canada?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 03:42 PM   #13
M3gasmd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46m3,cayenne gts,997.2c4s,1m

is it mandatory to change the speedo to register the canadian cars from kmh to mph?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 04:04 PM   #14
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3gasmd View Post
is it mandatory to change the speedo to register the canadian cars from kmh to mph?
As a US Citizen you can import a 1M for personal use from Canada. If you import it yourself, you do not have to change the speedometer! If you have it shipped cross-border, you do have to change it. In order to be a personal use import you have to do it yourself at customs. This only applies to US EPA conforming cars like 1M!

My full thread below:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1357719
Appreciate 1
JP-1M171.00