BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #1585
kits135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Coming Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie1 View Post
I have a stock car except for exhaust was wondering how much faster the car will be? I just sunk a boat load of mobey into the suspension of the car now it's time to turn my attention to the motor
It will be noticably faster without question. You will see it the second you start to drive the car. Every car is different but if you want HP I would guess 20-30hp more to the wheels min. I was 100% stock and saw a HUGE difference. With exhaust Cobb says you will see even more.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #1586
Saf
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i N54, C63 507

I am sorry but I have tried COBB and it is unreliable, it brought to many problems, from injectors, to spark plugs, to white smoke, Yes the performance was their but overall I was not to happy. I made the switch to GIAC and it gave me even more performance and not a single problem came to arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 06:32 AM   #1587
ErvGotti
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saf View Post
I am sorry but I have tried COBB and it is unreliable, it brought to many problems, from injectors, to spark plugs, to white smoke, Yes the performance was their but overall I was not to happy. I made the switch to GIAC and it gave me even more performance and not a single problem came to arise.
Hardware problems such as injectors and spark plugs are not the results of the tune. Let me guess you replaced these hardware issues then ran GIAC. I guarantee that if you ran GIAC or any other tune before the Cobb you would still have experienced those problems.

The reason being is that any tune besides the stock tune will push these hardware components harder and if they have a good amount of wear on them it will show up. This is engine tuning 101, not bashing GIAC as they run an awesome tune but please educate yourself a bit before bashing a tune.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #1588
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErvGotti View Post
Hardware problems such as injectors and spark plugs are not the results of the tune. Let me guess you replaced these hardware issues then ran GIAC. I guarantee that if you ran GIAC or any other tune before the Cobb you would still have experienced those problems.

The reason being is that any tune besides the stock tune will push these hardware components harder and if they have a good amount of wear on them it will show up. This is engine tuning 101, not bashing GIAC as they run an awesome tune but please educate yourself a bit before bashing a tune.
This.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #1589
vivanapoli806
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i Xdrive Msport

Hey guys what map do u recommend for a stock 09 135i. I haven't installed my tune yet. I do have access to 93 but want to know what's best for daily driving. I def want to stick with the stock throttle maps so which is better drive or sport ?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #1590
Spoolin Montego
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16 m3/20 x5m/23 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saf View Post
lol you're an idiot.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #1591
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivanapoli806 View Post
Hey guys what map do u recommend for a stock 09 135i. I haven't installed my tune yet. I do have access to 93 but want to know what's best for daily driving. I def want to stick with the stock throttle maps so which is better drive or sport ?
Lol aggressive is the best

Start with sport, and see if you're logging cleanly, adjust mapping accordingly. I can assure you Stg1 aggressive is not particularly "aggressive", in case you're holding back based on fear of hardware issues..

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #1592
deletedgone
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Start with sport, and see if you're logging cleanly, adjust mapping accordingly.
Excuse my ignorance, but what do you look for, specifically, to make sure your logs are clean? I just flashed for the first time a few hours ago, and want to make sure everything is on the up and up.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #1593
vivanapoli806
Captain
Rep

I just flashed mine with sport mode and am currently driving it now. I let the engine warm up and then punched it a little and my car hesitated I thought it was the traction control kicking in but instead a check engine light came on. It idled hard while stopped at a red light. I'm still driving and now the check engine light went off and car idles fine. U think maybe the car is just trying to learn and that's what caused the light ? I don't have the accessport with me right now.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #1594
deletedgone
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Nevermind - found this very informative post:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721695
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 10:56 PM   #1595
ErvGotti
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivanapoli806 View Post
I just flashed mine with sport mode and am currently driving it now. I let the engine warm up and then punched it a little and my car hesitated I thought it was the traction control kicking in but instead a check engine light came on. It idled hard while stopped at a red light. I'm still driving and now the check engine light went off and car idles fine. U think maybe the car is just trying to learn and that's what caused the light ? I don't have the accessport with me right now.
Nope see my post above #1587. If a check engine light comes on read the codes. The AP has the ability to do so. It is more than likely a hardware issue if a check engine light is coming up.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 11:36 PM   #1596
vivanapoli806
Captain
Rep

Here are the codes I got:
P0301 cylinder 1 misfire detected
P2EE6 coolant temp sensor, measuring range of plausibility (provisional)
P29CD misfire cylinder 1
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 02:55 AM   #1597
Tommeh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 96 BMW M3 & 16 GMC Canyon

Got a quick issue that might be unrelated to Cobb AP. Few month ago I had my water pump and thermostat replaced. It was at an indie shop and Idk if some coding needed to be done for the DME or not. But when looking at codes today I see P2E84 "Electric water pump communication". Its a brand new water pump with 5k miles on it.

Second issue I had was a weird electrical issue. I put stage 0 map on and shot an email to terry for a BMS flash. When I went back outside to put 2+aggressive on the doors would not unlock/open. So I had to use the manual key. Put fob in did not start. Though weird... car is dead. Shut my door and the car started.

Drove around performance was fine. Washed my car about an hour later. Got in turned it on and while turning over I rolled my windows down, car turned off mid start up while rpms where climbing. Finally after driving around all night when I went home and rolled my windows up I now have to hold only the passenger window the whole time for it to completely close.

***Also any easy way to take the raw .csv data and make a graph out of it?

Just a bunch of weird electrical issues after installing the Cobb AP.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #1598
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

On the other side of things... I have not had one problem at all running Cobb!!! Sorry boys!
      05-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #1599
CHITOWN1series
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Noob question. If I was to get a Cobb, I can't run stage two with ar catted downpipes correct? I would have to go catless?
      05-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #1600
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHITOWN1series
Noob question. If I was to get a Cobb, I can't run stage two with ar catted downpipes correct? I would have to go catless?
I believe you can run stage 2 as they will be high flow cats.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #1601
Saf
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i N54, C63 507

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErvGotti View Post

Trust me I did my research, maybe it was the hardware components needed to be changed, but after the first time the car gave out those symptoms, I changed 3 spark plugs and 3 injectors, and it still gave out the same problem. So do not tell me that I am bashing out a Tune because of a bad experience, but there was something wrong with the Tune that resulted in those things. I am well aware of the fact that Tunes will push the engine to burn out hardware faster and they need to be changed often.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #1602
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Hey guys, I've been super busy working on a lot of new things. If you have a pressing issue that other members can't answer, please call our tech support or shoot me a PM. I don't always get a chance to check all of the forums, but I do get notifications of a PM.

I love these threads because our longest standing customers have some great info/insight on common issues or questions, but we're always here if you need us. Just let us know.

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 12:21 AM   #1603
1911A145
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
Hey guys, I've been super busy working on a lot of new things. If you have a pressing issue that other members can't answer, please call our tech support or shoot me a PM. I don't always get a chance to check all of the forums, but I do get notifications of a PM.

I love these threads because our longest standing customers have some great info/insight on common issues or questions, but we're always here if you need us. Just let us know.

-Josh
Maybe you or any of the others can help then. I can NOT data log with the RACE MAPPING 100+ Octane Map. It is the only one that will not save a log. After blowing 100 bucks in race fuel I get this from COBB:

Unfortunately, our engineers can't come up with anything other than it having to be a connection issue.

I can flip through ALL OTHER MAPS and data log just fine. even the E30 map. bt when i went out to test out the race fueling map it was money thrown in the garbage... and my play money don't come easy....

Looking for some help here... everything is up to date and my AP is mounted in the vehicle. A connection issue is not the problem. It is software or mapping related im thinking.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 02:43 AM   #1604
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

When COBB will give us something new like FLAT foot shift, MT launch control etc...
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 08:05 AM   #1605
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911A145 View Post
Maybe you or any of the others can help then. I can NOT data log with the RACE MAPPING 100+ Octane Map. It is the only one that will not save a log. After blowing 100 bucks in race fuel I get this from COBB:

Unfortunately, our engineers can't come up with anything other than it having to be a connection issue.

I can flip through ALL OTHER MAPS and data log just fine. even the E30 map. bt when i went out to test out the race fueling map it was money thrown in the garbage... and my play money don't come easy....

Looking for some help here... everything is up to date and my AP is mounted in the vehicle. A connection issue is not the problem. It is software or mapping related im thinking.
Kyle sent this over to me and I'm baffled to be honest. The mapping has absolutely nothing to do with logging. I know you're at the latest (or close to it) firmware and you have the most common rom for the N54. I've never seen this issue. Have you tried doing pass through logging via ATR? Are the results the same? The only other option we really have is for the send your AP in and I can bench test it. If you want to do that, call our tech support and tell them what I've said and the can issue you a ticket to get it in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasRS View Post
When COBB will give us something new like FLAT foot shift, MT launch control etc...
All of those features are on my list, but I don't have a date for when I'll have them completed. This kind of stuff is easier to do on some platforms than others based on the logic that is in the ECU/DME. Re-writing logic in the DME for these tasks won't be particularly easy and will require quite a bit of testing. We'll definitely get there, but I have no updates at the moment.

- Josh
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #1606
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

All of those features are on my list, but I don't have a date for when I'll have them completed. This kind of stuff is easier to do on some platforms than others based on the logic that is in the ECU/DME. Re-writing logic in the DME for these tasks won't be particularly easy and will require quite a bit of testing. We'll definitely get there, but I have no updates at the moment.

- Josh[/QUOTE]

Great to hear that but please move on our cars is getting older and older everyday...

We need power and control

Thank You
Appreciate 0