BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-28-2010, 03:26 AM   #45
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
UPDATE 28/7

Went into the repairers today expecting the car to be ready, was told she was at Trivett having her engine codes reset. So went on down to Trivett and again got the best service i've ever received.

They couldn't tell me straight away as the SA was on lunch, so had a coffee and a danish again while i read the paper. They came back and said they were redoing codes and recalibrating everything, on top of replacing my tail-lights under the recall.

Interestingly enough, on the service sheet i saw in red "V2 TAIL LIGHT PROGRAM"... "Program" obviously being recall. However i guess it's different as they will be replacing them on services, and not recalling the cars per se.

So, i was told she'll be all ready tomorrow around lunchtime!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #46
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Can't believe it. Did a pretty good inspection on the repairs so far today in the garage and it's blatantly obvious they gave me a completely new front bar! There was a shitload of damage from parking underneath it, and it's completely shaped correctly without a scratch

Car goes back sometime in the next 2 weeks to have the cross member finally put in.

The gearbox is still messing around in 2nd gear under high load, so taking the master tech at Trivett for a drive tomorrow morning to replicate the issue. I'm then going to ask them to call my repairers and tell them it needs fixing.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 06:50 AM   #47
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
UPDATE 6/8

Christine needs a tranny replacement. Can't commend Trivett enough. They took over the repairs on Christine, contacted my insurers and told them the damage occured during that accident, have the data to show it, and i need a new tranny sent up from Melbourne.

So really did bork Christine. That's a new Tranny Pan, cross member, undertray, front bar and now transmission! eeekkk..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 08:08 AM   #48
chylld
Major
Rep
Drives: G08 iX3

Garage List
oh wow.

maybe hack their computer and try to get a dual clutch one sent up instead
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 12:11 AM   #49
qship
Disillusioned bourgeois capitalist pig!
Australia
Rep
Drives: Blue

Jeez - if Christine was a horse they would probably just shoot her!
      08-07-2010, 12:41 AM   #50
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by qship View Post
Jeez - if Christine was a horse they would probably just shoot her!
I agree - with the new tranny & labour costs, plus the new front bar, tranny pan and cross member, she's getting close to 50% for a write-off

Oh well, i'll have a brand new tranny to play around with.

Had some psychological effects though - i'm sh*t scared of speed bumps now and go over them only just moving...
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 01:37 AM   #51
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Update 16/08 from Trivett

Trivett who have now taken over the final repairs on the car called me about 30 mins ago to advise me the insurers authorised the new gearbox.

Unfortunately this too needs to be sent from Germany!

So 2 weeks approx. until the box arrives.

I don't know whether to feel sad about the amount of damage that was done, or pleased that she will FINALLY be fixed and back to normal. Little being said, i'm pretty stoked i'll have a brandy new tranny to fidget with. Drove the car to do some late night shopping last night and got 2nd gear is hopeless.

For you MT drivers, the feeling would be like putting your foot flat in 2nd, and pumping the clutch as the revs rise.

I'm glad Trivett have taken over as (scarily enough) they submitted all the data from the car to show the damage to the box was done from that accident.

Urrgghhh
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 01:46 AM   #52
chylld
Major
Rep
Drives: G08 iX3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
I'm glad Trivett have taken over as (scarily enough) they submitted all the data from the car to show the damage to the box was done from that accident.
That would have been some interesting data for sure

Probably should be easy on the new box when it arrives, break it in slowly etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 04:16 AM   #53
MickyD
(Damned or Belated)
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue 120D M Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
I agree - with the new tranny & labour costs, plus the new front bar, tranny pan and cross member, she's getting close to 50% for a write-off
it's not as simple as 50% for a write off.
Basically if the insurance company thinks that the payout figure on the car, minus the salvage value (i.e. value at auction), is LESS than the repair cost, they will look at writing it off.

My MINI was written off with 14k damage - Payout was 24.5k and it sold for about 13k at auction.
Appreciate 0