BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-01-2010, 04:43 PM   #67
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

1cab
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 08:15 AM   #68
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Old thread looking for good plates for a 1 series.

I've toyed with the idea, but MA limits you to 6 characters, no spaces, must start with two letters and numbers/letters can not be intermixed (so E82N54 would violate that).

So BMW135 works (is available, but something I would never get -- would have to debadge!)

The only ones I could come up with are TTINL6, TTN54, TTE82, but don't love any of them. Curious if anyone has a better suggestion?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2017, 08:23 AM   #69
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

RUBN1OUT

Best personalized plate ever. I actually saw it on a Jeep in VA. Can't believe VA DMV allowed that through.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 08:20 AM   #70
Tenspeed
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i E88 DCT

I saw a silver 944 many years ago in Jackson, MS with an IOSILVR Tag.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 09:12 PM   #71
mackeroni
Former Opel GT Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, AW, CR, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
Old thread looking for good plates for a 1 series.

I've toyed with the idea, but MA limits you to 6 characters, no spaces, must start with two letters and numbers/letters can not be intermixed (so E82N54 would violate that).

So BMW135 works (is available, but something I would never get -- would have to debadge!)

The only ones I could come up with are TTINL6, TTN54, TTE82, but don't love any of them. Curious if anyone has a better suggestion?
None of these appeal to me because frankly, you ARE just rebadging your car. Informed BMW drivers already know that it is an N54, a 135i and an E82. Other drivers who are ignorant of BMW nomenclature will have no idea what you are trying to say on your plates.

I suggest trying to find a word or short phrase that appeals to you and amuses us all. Try to make it 'sound' German. Maybe a girls name... HEIDI, GRETEL, SUZI or ... or something that means fast, like BLITZN, ZUMI, SCHNEL...or a funny phrase, like CMEGO, IBGONE, BMWBYE.

Just my two cents. You are master of your own domain, right?

Peace... Mack
So, that's it. I am doomed. There is no patch, no methadone, no substitute. Curse you BMW. Curse you and your seamless power delivery. Curse the incredible sense of road feel. Curse the comfort, the luxury, the envious looks from the masses. I am... hopelessly addicted.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2017, 11:14 AM   #72
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackeroni View Post
None of these appeal to me because frankly, you ARE just rebadging your car. Informed BMW drivers already know that it is an N54, a 135i and an E82. Other drivers who are ignorant of BMW nomenclature will have no idea what you are trying to say on your plates.
That's exactly the point. I don't want my plate to scream "look at me".
ie. a plate like E82-N54 is perfect. Car people know what it means and the general public doesn't. That's what I would prefer.
Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / OE Tuning / VRSF Intercooler & charge pipe / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / V1 hardwired / rear sun shades Pennsylvania 20 electoral votes
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2017, 09:12 PM   #73
minirips2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i 6M CR Slicktop

I was going to get plates that read SAYBIMR, because as a former BMW motorcycle owner, it always rubbed me the wrong way when someone calls a BMW automobile a "Beamer". Then I looked into the cost of the plates, and extra cost to register every year, and I figured I have better things to spend my money on.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2017, 09:57 PM   #74
mackeroni
Former Opel GT Pilot
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minirips2 View Post
I was going to get plates that read SAYBIMR, because as a former BMW motorcycle owner, it always rubbed me the wrong way when someone calls a BMW automobile a "Beamer". Then I looked into the cost of the plates, and extra cost to register every year, and I figured I have better things to spend my money on.
True, you might need the extra coin for an expensive future repair bill. I hear ya.

Peace... Mack
So, that's it. I am doomed. There is no patch, no methadone, no substitute. Curse you BMW. Curse you and your seamless power delivery. Curse the incredible sense of road feel. Curse the comfort, the luxury, the envious looks from the masses. I am... hopelessly addicted.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2017, 10:01 PM   #75
mackeroni
Former Opel GT Pilot
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA135i View Post
That's exactly the point. I don't want my plate to scream "look at me".
ie. a plate like E82-N54 is perfect. Car people know what it means and the general public doesn't. That's what I would prefer.
Like I said, other BMW drivers already know you are driving an E82-N54. So what does that say to us? Not much. What does it say to the general public? Nothing at all. So why do that? Just askin'.

Peace... Mack
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2017, 10:20 PM   #76
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by minirips2 View Post
I agree. I've got other things I'd prefer to spend/waste my money on as well.