BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
ahon_hassan
Alex hassan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i M package

Custom build need frame

I am looking for a frame to do a custom build can anyone give me guidance on where I should start. I have engine trans and all parts needed to start but my left side frame is damaged on the door. Let me know
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
blutattoo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahon_hassan View Post
I am looking for a frame to do a custom build can anyone give me guidance on where I should start. I have engine trans and all parts needed to start but my left side frame is damaged on the door. Let me know
Not sure about just a frame, but you could try copart.com for a donor car. I see lots of salvaged 128's and 135's with flood damage which should leave you with a decent frame. You can't buy direct from them without a dealers license, but they have links to different brokers on the website. I bought a salvaged e36 that I'm doing a v8 swap on and the process to buy was fairly easy.

You could also try to have the frame straightened most big body shops will have a frame rack that can get a car back to specs. You'd have to find someone experienced because it's easy to get it wrong.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
ahon_hassan
Alex hassan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i M package

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutattoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahon_hassan View Post
Not sure about just a frame, but you could try copart.com for a donor car. I see lots of salvaged 128's and 135's with flood damage which should leave you with a decent frame. You can't buy direct from them without a dealers license, but they have links to different brokers on the website. I bought a salvaged e36 that I'm doing a v8 swap on and the process to buy was fairly easy.

You could also try to have the frame straightened most big body shops will have a frame rack that can get a car back to specs. You'd have to find someone experienced because it's easy to get it wrong.
Thanks for the advice and good lick with your build
Appreciate 0