BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #1
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Thumbs up Some good feedback for a change - Brisbane BMW Service

I think we don't tend to talk about good news often enough (delivery of new 1'ers excepted!), so I wanted to share an experience of mine with you all.

I noticed a scuffed window seal on the rear passenger side a couple of months after delivery. Getting it replaced under warranty was never an issue and Thomas has been an absolute gentleman to deal with.

He even noticed that the replacement lining was marked and ordered a new one.

On top of all this, he's offered to install my new personal plates and remove the dent from the weekend at the same time (the dent I'm paying for of course, I wouldn't expect otherwise).

The whole treatment has been nothing but courteous and professional, making the BMW owning experience even more special. I couldn't recommend them highly enough.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 02:06 AM   #2
OOOSQ
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M / CLA45 AMG SB

Motorline BMW are fantastic in every facet.

No hesitation in recommending them at all.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 02:56 AM   #3
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

been going to brisbane bmw for years and their service is very average. they've washed my car after each service and i've never had any issues with scratching or paint swirling like i've read in other threads, maybe i've been very lucky. i've moved on to southport bmw and they seem to be ok so far. time will tell.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 03:08 AM   #4
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Been to Brisbane BMW for years too, and just recently moved to Coastline. Brisbane is always courteous and always try to do the right thing and will almost try to squeeze out of BMW Aust for warranty. My car was just out of warranty and they've managed to get BMW Aust to pay for half of the cost. I used to drive down from the Sunshine Coast to get it serviced by them.

Main gripe with them was despite focusing on customers, they fail to deliver on the technical aspect for me. My air condition was stuffed and I've tried to get them to fix it for over a 12 months period. They've cleaned it out, took it apart, done anything they could with it to no avail. They've only charged me half price most of the time and recommend that I should change the face plate (which is a $2k job!). I finally got so frustrated, jumped on the E46 forum and found that it is a known problem with the E46. There is even a service bulletin on the actual issue itself and it only involves a $100 part! So, what I did was ring up Coastline, tell them my problem without hinting I might not what was at fault. They've immediately told me the likely scenario that it is the transistor problem which is typical with the E46 air conditioning. $400 later, rather than $2k - after the compulsory diagnostic, and then labour, etc, it's fixed.

They don't wash their car as well as Brisbane (although Brisbane was slacking off with the cleaning towards the end), if I am getting my car serviced, I would want the people who know what they are doing. Brisbane have just anyone to provide the customer service part, Coastline have real Mechanics - that makes a huge difference IMO.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 05:45 AM   #5
MarkFC
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i Coupe MSport Auto

I purchased from Brisbane BMW but did the test drive and leg-work at Coastline Currimundi. At the end of the day, Brisbane were prepared to deal, Coastline said "this is as low as we go" and were quite happy for me to purchase from Brisbane. I got a great deal from Brisbane because they stuffed me around during the contract negotiating stage.

Interested to hear the comments about service because I told the Coastline salesman I would really like to have my car looked after by them and he was more than happy with that, even after losing the sale.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 06:20 AM   #6
wmj73
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp, 440i GC

Garage List
2008   [0.00]
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
I got my car from Brisbane BMW as well. Sales dept. was excellent. Only problem I had with my car was when I picked it up, it was covered with swirls and holograms. Mad sure they fixed it completely and told them I wanted it back only after it was perfect. They kept the car for 2 days but I wasn't able to get it till the third day and they were fine with letting me keep their beautiful convertible for the extra day. All in all so far so good.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2009, 06:46 AM   #7
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I was REALLY disapointed with with the sales service I got from BBMW. I think it was just down to the salesman allotted to me. This guy promised everything to my face but wouldn't return calls or emails. The car eventually turned up two months later than promised. He's since left and Jason Herman who looked after me since has gone out of his way to help. Chase Jason up if you want a good sales rep at Brisbane BMW.
      05-07-2009, 06:54 AM   #8
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Thumbs up

Interesting - I didn't really need to negotiate much with Coastline at all, as they've looked after me right from the beginning. They gave me an offer first and they would probably be the cheaper than the final price from Brisbane. When I used to deal with Brisbane, I always have to spend so much time negotiating with them to get the best price - going back and forth like for hours. I was so shock from the offer Coastline gave me that I really got disoriented from negotiating further. Probably could squeeze more, but all I would be doing would be squeezing the Sales commission more than anything else.

With their service department, you probably won't feel as pampered with Brisbane, but the technical knowledge seems to be much better. They remember me when I rang up about a different car. I am quite happy with their service - I took my car in because of a split of the expander and they noticed the missing valve cap on the tyre and replaced that, it is not even part of the problem they are looking at. I took the car to Brisbane for service at least twice previously (and you would think they would replace and realised the valve cap was missing when they are checking the pressure)- and they just ignore that.

As it is a family business, if there are any issues, you can always go to the top I guess as well. They've completely won over my business .
Appreciate 0