BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-27-2014, 07:03 PM   #23
tmaroufi
BOSS
Rep
Drives: N55 135i

Thank you to everyone for the advice and feedback; though, I think this was my first post on 1addicts, and now looking back it's funny to see how much one learns on a collective community forum as great as 1addicts.

If anyone is curious, I went with the BMW PE with the resanator delete, AR 4" catless DP, and Cobb Tune, along with some other cosmetic mods. Oh, and if you were wondering, it sounds like a BEAST
2011 135i Coupé / Cobb Stage 2 Sport / AR Design 4" Hi-Flo Catless Downpipes / Evolution Racewerks Charge Pipe / BMW Performance Exhaust / BMW N55 Mid-Pipes / BMW LCI "Black-Lines" / BMW Black Kidney Grilles / Carbon Fiber Diffuser / 35% Tint
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 07:36 PM   #24
oneprettybeast
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: e88 6mt 135i vert, injen dci

Garage List
as stated I read in one of the posts above about catless downpipes and certain brands are better then others. there are different materials used, better welds, and a better airflow pattern. ive tried vrsf and AR and for sound and minor performance differences id take AR any day worth the money..but the sound is one of the reasons I prefer it... and as for the inspection and passing emissions, im lucky I live in florida so there is no inspections, if they use a sniffer where you are from. there are secondary cats so youll still pass emissions. if they plug into the pbd2 port that's a different story, im full bolt on, and about to order the oem PE because it sounds better then most aftermarket systems, much deeper, muscle car sound to it.. tried super sprint I liked it but it had that annoying drone. so that's my 2cents
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 08:46 PM   #25
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep
Drives: like a damn lunatic

Good call on the PE, and going with the Y-pipe is the way to go.
It is much more than just a resonator delete and Golf tee mod. Totally different sound and volume level.
Also it is more than an axle-back as some have referred to it, since it is also half of a mid-pipe section, so comparing it price-wise to any other axle-back is apples to oranges.
My new 135 car came with it on, courtesy of the previous owner, whereas my last 135 was stock. I was expecting to not be impressed and to switch it out to a CP-E or something, but I am addicted to the sound. Videos just don't do it justice.
Just wait until it breaks in. You'll love it even more.
I personally don't care for the tips-I like the stock black tips better, but every time I fire it up, I forget about the silly tips.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2015, 08:26 PM   #26
oneprettybeast
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: e88 6mt 135i vert, injen dci

Garage List
PE doesn't have the vacuum butterfly valve easy way to tell
Appreciate 0