BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-22-2008, 10:23 PM   #89
b2nvs2001
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I dunno about this news. I put my original order on hiatus after seeing an incoming order at the dealers which was similar to my original order. Its a black sapphire 135 with a black interior and has high gloss black trim and heated seats. Now, since we havent actaully seen the car yet, I dont know whether high gloss black with black interior might be a little too much and if that is the case Ill get my original order with Aluminium trim and comfort access instead of heated seats. But if this means that I have to wait ages for that order to come, its going to put me in a difficult situation!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2008, 01:05 PM   #90
Genericuser1
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 Convertible

Thats too bad, I had hoped for a healthy volume over the next couple of years so that these could be had under MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2008, 03:04 PM   #91
edge350
Junior Cheeseburger
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine1er View Post
Yeah I'm 16... + 10. I'm 26 years old, but I've never really had the need to own a car, I either didn't need it, and when I was at home I would just use my parent's. I can't blame you, because the excitement i feel about getting this car is that of a 16 year old.
Seeing as I'm already typing this there is another question I have, I am Canadian (not currently in Canada) and moving to the US in July, will they not let me order the car because I'm not a US resident or is it cool (again a question I will be emailing the dealer about, but thought I'd throw it out there.) Just ridiculous for me to pay Canadian price for the car when I'll be living in the US. Cheers.
Oops...off by a few years. Sorry about that. I was being an obnoxious ass.

As for your question about buying the car in the US, if you know where you're going to be living, I would get on the local US dealers allocation list. The dealers want to sell cars. If you're serious, I'd bet you can find a dealer that would work with you for a car in the August (or beyond) time frame. Now might by the best time to "plan" that, as much as you can plan around an unknown allocation environment.

Speaking of allocations...I got some bad news today...my local dealership got ZERO allocations for the 135 coupe with the February allocations. They've got a couple of 128's and a 135 convertible. So I'm still waiting...These guys had been expecting 1-2 allocations per month. I'm pretty high up on the list, but even if they get one a month, I'm about two or three months away from an allocation, unless the list above me changes or BMW bumps up allocations for an upcoming month...
So dbtheo's warning was definitely valid...

Crimson Red/Terra 135i, delivered 4/19/08, traded in 9/8/08. Recovering addict, still a fan.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #92
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge350 View Post
Oops...off by a few years. Sorry about that. I was being an obnoxious ass.

As for your question about buying the car in the US, if you know where you're going to be living, I would get on the local US dealers allocation list. The dealers want to sell cars. If you're serious, I'd bet you can find a dealer that would work with you for a car in the August (or beyond) time frame. Now might by the best time to "plan" that, as much as you can plan around an unknown allocation environment.

Speaking of allocations...I got some bad news today...my local dealership got ZERO allocations for the 135 coupe with the February allocations. They've got a couple of 128's and a 135 convertible. So I'm still waiting...These guys had been expecting 1-2 allocations per month. I'm pretty high up on the list, but even if they get one a month, I'm about two or three months away from an allocation, unless the list above me changes or BMW bumps up allocations for an upcoming month...
So dbtheo's warning was definitely valid...
sorry to hear that. i didn't think they differentiated between 128s and 135s when it came to allocations. i don't think i'll ever figure out how bmw works.
      02-25-2008, 03:11 PM   #93
edge350
Junior Cheeseburger
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelk View Post
sorry to hear that. i didn't think they differentiated between 128s and 135s when it came to allocations. i don't think i'll ever figure out how bmw works.
I can't figure it out either. If I wanted a 135 convertible, I can call them back and order it right now and have it for May, because there's no one on their list for convertibles and thus they have an unfilled allocation (In fairness to the dealership, they had offered me that). But their 135 coupe list is eight deep, and...zero allocations. Painful.

Crimson Red/Terra 135i, delivered 4/19/08, traded in 9/8/08. Recovering addict, still a fan.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2008, 05:36 PM   #94
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep
Drives: 2005 330i ZHP cic, 2021 X5 40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelk View Post
i didn't think they differentiated between 128s and 135s when it came to allocations. i don't think i'll ever figure out how bmw works.
same here, but as I understand it, BMW's intention is to have more 128's here than 335's. similar to the 328 & 335. I know alot of guys on here don't believe me, but based on what I've seen and heard from our market rep, 135's will be slim pickings. I really do hope it changes and we do get more, but... hard to say. Our center still has not recieved anymore allocations. This is an actual quote from our rep referring to other centers & the initial allocations & launch cars:

"If they "give" their cars away, I don't know what they will do or when they will see another..."
Appreciate 0