BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #23
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
Were you getting pulled timing with the previous 93oct and less aggressive map? I would be personally curious to see what the IATs were, but regardless, runs look great.
Yes I was pulling timing before adding in the e85, it was on hot days in the FL summer. But, I started using the 2gal of e85 back then also, with the same map I was running a previous event and had no issues.

Running with the ER FMIC, from just noticing how it works, on a 90 degree humid day, I would see 115-120 degree F temps max.
      01-29-2013, 07:05 AM   #24
Evice
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yandy View Post
Open hands as in unwind the wheel a bit more? From my best lap video/log seems like I got best results that way. Not exactly going wider, but taking almost a straight line towards the first apex, then turn and unwind towards the second apex heading into the slight left. I think there's still some time left on the table there, but it was the best results that day.

Just want to make sure I understand correctly and if that's what you mean.
I don't think he is talking about specifically for that track or a specific corner. It is a generic idea, open up as quickly as you can especially in a high HP car.

Have you ever watched Tommy Millner's helmet cam videos? See how quickly he opens up the wheel and have very small catches during turns.
      01-29-2013, 08:35 AM   #25
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evice View Post
I don't think he is talking about specifically for that track or a specific corner. It is a generic idea, open up as quickly as you can especially in a high HP car.

Have you ever watched Tommy Millner's helmet cam videos? See how quickly he opens up the wheel and have very small catches during turns.
I figured, was just using that corner as reference.