BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Interested in a group buy?
YES 21 70.00%
no 0 0%
Yes, and willing to pay slight premium for convenience 9 30.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

10-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
Dee Pee
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 AW 1M, ‘24 718 GTS

Matchbox BMW 1M group buy poll

First attempt at poll...hopefully I do this right.

As we all know, MBX has released a 1M. The Lamley Group is a collectors' group and I have been talking to their MBX ambassador about the car. I just emailed him to see if he could reach out to MBX for a group buy.

While this is all tentative, I wanted to also see what level of interest we would have from the forum (domestic and international).

These cars retail for $1.09 but I think that if we offered to pay a slight premium for convenience, everyone could get one of these without having to slog it out at the toy store.

UPDATE:

Ok straight from the MBX guy.

Bad news first...

"As far as a group buy, Mattel normally doesn't do that. I have others inquire to no avail. But my guess is this batch will be hitting stores in the next week or two. Walmarts are usually the first to get them, followed by Target. I will let you know as soon as I see them in store."

GOOD NEWS:

"And I know there are more versions coming. Mattel told me the 1M will return in the 2014 lineup, and I hear rumors of another version as well. I hope some if the ideas come to fruition..."

So don't succumb to the early eBay buying frenzy.

And please keep hitting that poll if you are interested. Maybe it will influence Mattel do different colors etc.

Last edited by Dee Pee; 10-11-2013 at 04:42 PM.. Reason: updated info
Appreciate 0