BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-11-2007, 11:14 AM   #67
BimmerBoi2100
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Black 135i

There you go! Only options I will get is comfort access and the ipod option. All the other doo-hickies will distract me from what I want to do and that's going fast.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 11:15 AM   #68
Disasterpiece
I Want 1
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizalex View Post
Guys, one thing you are all forgetting here. If you're talking about driving, and really being an enthusiast, then you aren't going to get a fully loaded car! In my mind that is a great explanation of why everything is an option on German cars that are meant for an enthusiast market. Want to get a sunroof? It is an option on a BMW, not "standard" like on other "premium" cars! Because it adds weight (sunroof motors, etc.) and lowers the rigidity of the car. There might be some true enthusiasts on this board that would WISH that AC was an option, not standard, as well. Do you get my drift? Lexuses (sp?) or Infinities or Acuras come near fully loaded as standard because the people that drive them and want those features are NOT driving enthusiasts. How many effing Acuras have you seen on a road coarse? Correct, 0, especially stock. How many 135i/335i will you see on the track, even stock? MANY, including mine! F*ck, I'll even auto-X mine!

What we all want to know is the d*mn base price, hopefully this week. Then you can all do whatever you want.
--Alex
Well said! I like the way BMW does things, i could care less about leather, sunroof and what kinda headlights i have...I just want to get in a mean looking, sounding and feeling car and drive the wheels off of it!:thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 11:19 AM   #69
ibeam81
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII M235i, 2004 Acura TL

Quote:
Guys, one thing you are all forgetting here. If you're talking about driving, and really being an enthusiast, then you aren't going to get a fully loaded car! In my mind that is a great explanation of why everything is an option on German cars that are meant for an enthusiast market. Want to get a sunroof? It is an option on a BMW, not "standard" like on other "premium" cars! Because it adds weight (sunroof motors, etc.) and lowers the rigidity of the car. There might be some true enthusiasts on this board that would WISH that AC was an option, not standard, as well. Do you get my drift? Lexuses (sp?) or Infinities or Acuras come near fully loaded as standard because the people that drive them and want those features are NOT driving enthusiasts. How many effing Acuras have you seen on a road coarse? Correct, 0, especially stock. How many 135i/335i will you see on the track, even stock? MANY, including mine! F*ck, I'll even auto-X mine!

What we all want to know is the d*mn base price, hopefully this week. Then you can all do whatever you want.
--Alex
Wow... You've never seen an Integra on a road course? That's a surprise. :iono:

I think that you are overstating things just a bit. I'm sorry, but don't agree that true driving enthusiasts are only those that track their cars. And just because someone tracks a car with a sunroof doesn't mean that they can't have an enjoyable experience. You might not win, but if you're not competing for money then I don't see that as such a big deal. Obviously YMMV.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 11:29 AM   #70
BimmerBoi2100
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Black 135i

Even if there a little overstating going on..there is one clear point. BMW has a reputation for driving excellence and they option their cars that way. They know who their core audience is. Sure you see Integras and other cars on tracks and what not but do they have the track record that BMW has? Most do not.

Can we change the name of this thread? lol
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 11:30 AM   #71
Disasterpiece
I Want 1
Rep
Drives:

Could we see official prices today?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 12:12 PM   #72
ibeam81
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoi2100 View Post
Even if there a little overstating going on..there is one clear point. BMW has a reputation for driving excellence and they option their cars that way. They know who their core audience is. Sure you see Integras and other cars on tracks and what not but do they have the track record that BMW has? Most do not.
No disagreement there. BMW's truly lives up to "The Ultimate Driving Machine" motto. There are plenty of cars that can boast more HP, but few that are as fun to drive. The 135i M Sport will surely up the ante.

And YES... official US pricing would nice.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 12:19 PM   #73
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoi2100 View Post
Just seemed like a lot of negativity towards the car. We are all here(I hope) because we like the car. It's pointless to complain when we all know that if we decide to purchase the 1-er we are going to spend 30k at least. If you don't like the options don't get them.

So anyway did anybody see Britney Spears fat ass on MTV? I almost felt sorry for her....
I think that was interpreted more than it was implied but it's neither here nor there... There should be no doubt that I love the car as I'm 3rd on the waiting list for it at my dealership... Hell I even sold my Exige to buy it (indirectly). Trust me, I know what it takes to be an enthusiast. I fully expect to spend north of $40K without question as I typically load up every car I get. I guess that the gripe was that loading up an Acura or Infiniti costs $3-5K whereas BMW is more like $5-10K+. Not a hater at all but I like to get alot for my money and I have no doubt this car will deliver.:headbang:
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 12:31 PM   #74
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Personally if the parent company's success 'on-track' is important then I'd be looking at a Porsche --- oh wait, I am, but I really want a better value, hence the BMW 135i. Someone will always be able to say theirs is <insert superlative here>. ; -) YMMV
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 12:52 PM   #75
ibeam81
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr_hugo View Post
Personally if the parent company's success 'on-track' is important then I'd be looking at a Porsche --- oh wait, I am, but I really want a better value, hence the BMW 135i. Someone will always be able to say theirs is <insert superlative here>. ; -) YMMV
+1.

I would love a Cayman S, but a 135i seems like a better value to me.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2007, 08:36 PM   #76
UJackM
Private
Rep
Drives:

Disasterpiece vbmenu_register("postmenu_17818", true);

I am somewhat like you. Why pay for sunroof to reduce rigidity? I am not a die hard enthusiast or do not spend time on the track, but like it simple. Anyway, my guess is
$33,900 for 135 and $27,800 for 128. That's probably as high as I can go for a car virtually no practicality. The information should come out soon (I hope).
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2007, 09:07 PM   #77
Mr. E
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewhouseEnt View Post
I think BMW is making a HUGE mistake. They are poised to obliterate Honda Accord V6, Camry V6, Honda 2000 and other buyers should they mark the base Leatherette Sport 135i in the $33,000 range. No one in their right mind would buy a Jap car with this package available But BMW apparently is on their own page. Fools.
Mark my words: $36,000 to $41,000.
You REALLY think a tiny 2 door car aimed at enthusiasts is going to overtake much larger, great selling 4 door sedans like the Camry and Accord? Completley different market and Toyota's and Honda's are legendary for their build quality and lack of major repairs needed. Not to mention BMWs cost 3 times as much to repair as a "Jap" car. Keep dreaming.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 09:01 PM   #78
terivera
track Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M coupe AW

BMW Client Advisor Louisville

I am a client advisor and gearhead, track junky, and 3rd on the waiting list for a 135. I took care of my clients first. We DO NOT mark up our cars or play the games MSRP is MSRP. Spoke to our rep last week No Indication as to price so I am in the same guessing game

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewhouseEnt View Post
I'm not sure what you mean? I will say Shelly told me they were definitely going to mark up the M3. F*ck them. They just lost any possible sale to me. They can piss off. As far as the 135i, I believe I'd make cash bets on the price if there weren't so many members on this board to pay off if I lose...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 09:20 PM   #79
terivera
track Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M coupe AW

OPtions options, options I would PAY for a SUNROOF DELETE option...

Quote:

--Alex
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 07:32 AM   #80
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
I just can't see BMW putting the price in the high 30's and running the risk of biting into 3 series territory. ...but I have been wrong about things BMW has done in the past.
      10-21-2007, 02:50 PM   #81
kurichan
Mr. Happy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE JEDI View Post
Um I'll wait till I see the prices before I call the most impressive car company on the planet stupid....hope you dealer is wrong.
I think Honda is a far more impressive car company...:iono:
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 02:53 PM   #82
kurichan
Mr. Happy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr_hugo View Post
Personally if the parent company's success 'on-track' is important then I'd be looking at a Porsche --- oh wait, I am, but I really want a better value, hence the BMW 135i.
Couldn't agree more. People who care about their car's track repuation, unless they are serious racers, are misguided. It's a road car. The only opinion that matters is that of the person who writes the check and drives the damn thing. Anything else is hype or futile acamedic debate.
Appreciate 0