BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-27-2008, 12:11 PM   #1
Jack
Rep
Drives:

I got my baby!

I picked up my 1er on June 24 at BMW Welt through European delivery. For the next two weeks I'm going to be zooming throughout Europe with my brother. So far, the car has exceeded my expectation. The sound of the turbos during acceleration is phenomenal. There's only one problem: I have to struggle to stay below 85 mph and 4500 rpm for the first 1000 miles. So far, I have 800ish miles. I can't wait to see its full potential!

I'll try to post some pics later.

My car: AW 135i, sport package, premium hi fi, xenon headlights, and ipod adapter.

Edit: When I ordered the car from the dealership in Houston, I tried to order the 261m wheels but was unable to because they are not available in the US. Unwilling to give up, I decided to ask the people at BMW Welt if I could purchase the wheels separately. Unfortunately, there turned out to be no way I could get them.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 01:01 PM   #2
enzo65
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MCS, 135i, F348ts SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I tried to order the 261m wheels but was unable to because they are not available in the US. Unwilling to give up, I decided to ask the people at BMW Welt if I could purchase the wheels separately. Unfortunately, there turned out to be no way I could get them.
They'll be expensive but if you really want them, why don't you just go to a dealer in Europe and buy them? I guess it would be hard to sell the old wheels though because you wouldn't be able to ship them back with the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #3
ucbsupafly
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post

My car: AW 135i, sport package, premium hi fi, xenon headlights, and ipod adapter.

Edit: When I ordered the car from the dealership in Houston, I tried to order the 261m wheels but was unable to because they are not available in the US. Unwilling to give up, I decided to ask the people at BMW Welt if I could purchase the wheels separately. Unfortunately, there turned out to be no way I could get them.
I wasn't aware that Xenon was an option you have to order? Isn't it standard?

As for the 261m wheels, just stop by a dealership parts counter, buy them, and ship it to yourself in the States.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 01:05 PM   #4
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
You can get them at your dealership - for about $1600.
Can't see the logic to limiting the wheel choices in your biggest market, but hey, check out the 19" CSL thread, now that's a wheel.