BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-25-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Pedal height

Hi, are any of the pedals adjustable in terms of height?
I find that I have to sit very close to the wheel (even telescoped inward as far as it can go) to push in the clutch. In this position I feel the brake pedal is way higher than the gas and its a little uncomfortable.

I saw on forums that some older BMWs have adjustable brake pedals but you have to actually to manually unscrew some nuts and bolts. Are any of the pedals adjustable on the 135i or 128i?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #2
Addict...Nah Im A Junkie!
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 135i, 98 M rdstr

It would be nice to be able to adjust this height.
      06-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #3
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
kinda high for me, my heel hurt after a long drive (~2hrs)
      07-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #4
Chapalan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135

Any ideas on this? I have same issue. Been trying to adjust my seat forever in order to deal with the clutch pedal but with no luck.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 07:40 AM   #5
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Maybe I posted it in the wrong section? This is for brakes but not really the brake pedal. Can some nice moderator move it to a more appropriate (and visible) section of the forum? If not I guess I will repost...
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #6
akak1997
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 135 @ 135mph

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
You cannot adjust the height of any pedal. The solution I use to fix this:

Here's the thread I post regarding them.

The gas pedal is height adjustable with the Optional Height adjustment plate, if you want you could go and make the gas pedal higher than the brake.

The problem I found with this is our brake pedal has a pretty long throw, the first 0.5" to 1" is not really doing anything (except triggering the brake lights I think). I've changed my brake lines to SS but still couldn't get rid of the play. But anyway, if you set the gas pedal height to high, when you step on the brakes, because of the long throw, you might accidentally step on the gas as well.

At first, I installed the height adjustable plate and set the gas pedal to be the same height as the brake. It is almost dangerous to drive the car coz, almost every time I step on the brakes, I blip the gas. So then I lower the adjustable plate to the lowest possible height, it make it a bit better and easier to live with. I've to use shorter screws than the one provided, becoz at the lowest setting, the end of the screw is hitting the throttle position sensor. This occurs much easier if you've those heel-toe extension tabs on the gas pedal. But those looks too good to be taken out :P

Oh, also, after installing the height adjustable plate, it's not possible to install the pedal w/o it again. in order to mount the adjustable plate, you've to drill 3 big holes, The location of those 3 holes are the same as the one used for the installing the pedal w/o the height adjustable plate. Since the hole is now bigger, you can't just screw the pedal to your OEM pedal w/o the height adjustable plate. So think twice before proceeding... well, you could still do it, but you've to drill 3 other holes on your OEM pedal and the Heel-Toe extension tab plate.

Regarding the clutch pedal, I'm gonna work with Mason Engineering (when he comes back from Vacation...) to make a short throw clutch pedal... I don't think we're going to make it sits lower than stock (unless it's necessary). The main goal is to make the throw of the clutch pedal shorter. not sure if that's something you maybe interested.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #7
Addict...Nah Im A Junkie!
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 135i, 98 M rdstr

I love those pedals. Gotta go get me some!!!
      07-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #8
deamon32
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135i

I was going to say to get the BMW pedals and then use washers to adjust the height of the gas pedal to your liking but the above pedal set seems like a much cleaner solution.