BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-23-2012, 02:26 AM   #1
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

6AT Jerky Up-Shft

My car has done 95,000kms and I recently installed a Procede Rev3.

Now I've always noticed it's a bit jerky going from 1->2 when manual shifting and it's not at the optimum throttle or rev range but recently I've noticed the jerking is more severe on 1->2 and it's doing it on 2->3 now as well. This usually only happens on manual mode but I've begun noticing it also on normal auto mode. On 1->2 it almost feels like it hits neutral for a bit, over revs, then engages 2 with a jolt.

What are your thoughts? Am I possibly due for an auto tranny fluid service/flush or is it something more sinister?
      10-23-2012, 05:51 AM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

I would check your trans fluid level. You have to have the engine fully warmed up and then with the car jacked up AND running in drive or neutral(not park!)... remove the fill plug above the ATF pan. You add fluid until it starts to flow out. Then screw the fill plug back in. And you are done.

BMW says the trans is a lfietime fluid. The people who make the trans ZF say it needs to be changed every 80K kms.

You can find the proper fluid and filters here... I think this is the one you need. But check your trans number first!

http://www.thectsc.com/index.php?p=p...d=187&parent=7

Dack
Appreciate 0