BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #1
gemini.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive comp

N55 ppk 1 and bmw performance exhaust review

Hi guys so i have owned my n55 135i for exactly three months, it took me 30 days to do the ppk1 after i researched jb4 and cobb tunes and an additional 60 days for the performance exhaust

I wouldnt call this the tuner direction but if you want added performance and sound with warranty and peace of mind you just cant go wrong

So the ppk1 truth be told i expected more it is more of an overboost option i datalogged my car with dashcommand and boost would range from 8 to 11 peak psi with the ppk1 the car is more fun to drive at lower rpm levels but id go as far as top end u dont grt much peak

I am left wanting more power but until i have a garage to avoid possible warranty issues this is more than enough. My buddy who had a jb4 tuned 335. Leased car thought i was crazy going this route but its what i felt most safe with for now 😜 i feel a ppk1 pe is a great baseline and i may go cobb for a day i really want to go fast or impress a friend

Onto the performance exhaust videos give you a general idea but i was scared it was going to be loud. Not the case the car sounds fantastic the pe enhances the gurgles and when you wot its pure sex. It is the cherry ontop to feeling like you are driving a performance oriented vehicle. I dont have any drone and the windows need to be down to really hear it but needless to say i have not turned my music on in 3 days. Performance wise def dont feel a loss if anything car feels a tad bit faster top end but could b placebo

I plan to dyno the car soon work on a few cosmetic items and down the road maybe do jb4 or cobb and a downpipe for now this is more than enough fun and if you want more out of your car without voiding warranty and keeping the feel bmw meant for the car you wont regret it

Ps this review was done on my phone bored excuse grammar lol
2015 335i (retired)
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2014, 04:10 PM   #2
///Machiavelli
Big Mac
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY16 F80

Garage List
I regret getting the H/K audio option because since I went PPK2 over 2 years ago I haven't turned my stereo on again (except occasional traffic reports). I can never get enough of the pops and burbles.

Did you install y-pipe with you PE exhaust? If so, some people report drone around 2k rpm - is this your experience as well?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2014, 04:28 PM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Thanks for posting @ntsthrilla

I love my PE. It's one of the best mods I've done. Other than say the CDV delete and Performance SSK. I also LOVE my German flash tune: 380 PS and 520Nm, ~290 kph V-Max.

Dack
Appreciate 0