BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
IamJoe
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

Fields and Patrick BMW

I live in the NW suburbs of Chicago, Fields and Patrick BMW dealers are the closest to me. Please tell me about your experiences experiences whether the be good or bad at either of these two dealership?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
OLEK135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

I did not have a great experience at Fields, but they barely had any 1series (before I realized I wanted to order one the way I want it and take the car via performance delivery). I get my car serviced at Patrick with Aaron as he is a windy city bmw member and takes care of me accordingly, and I dealt with their internet sales guy but like many sales guys, they want you to buy and don't budge much. I bought mine from Michael Banach at Elmhurst. Personally, I don't think it is as much about the dealership as it is you doing your research. Via this forum, you can see what most people are paying above or below invoice. Depending on whether you want to order a car or take one off the lot will influence the pricing as well (I did performance delivery in SC which I HIGHLY recommend). Once you know what you want and how much you want to pay for it, go into the dealership and go from there, if they don't give you the price you want, go to another place. It is no different than any other dealership IMHO. End of the month is the best time as they need to make their quota. End of June will be great because it is also end of the quarter.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
IamJoe
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLEK135i View Post
I did not have a great experience at Fields, but they barely had any 1series (before I realized I wanted to order one the way I want it and take the car via performance delivery). I get my car serviced at Patrick with Aaron as he is a windy city bmw member and takes care of me accordingly, and I dealt with their internet sales guy but like many sales guys, they want you to buy and don't budge much. I bought mine from Michael Banach at Elmhurst. Personally, I don't think it is as much about the dealership as it is you doing your research. Via this forum, you can see what most people are paying above or below invoice. Depending on whether you want to order a car or take one off the lot will influence the pricing as well (I did performance delivery in SC which I HIGHLY recommend). Once you know what you want and how much you want to pay for it, go into the dealership and go from there, if they don't give you the price you want, go to another place. It is no different than any other dealership IMHO. End of the month is the best time as they need to make their quota. End of June will be great because it is also end of the quarter.

Thanks Olek! So you recommend the Performance delivery? So you have to drive it back from SC or does it get shipped?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
Mak135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911 GTS, X3M

Patrick is by far the best service. However, I would never buy a car from them. They are always more expensive than any other dealer though they typically have a great selection of used and CPO. If you are buying new, it should not make much difference.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 02:03 PM   #5
OLEK135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

You can either drive back or ship but you will pay for the ship from SC. I think it is well worth the drive back. I did mine the week of Labor day and drove to Hilton Head SC for the weekend. Drove back home and got thru my break in period of 1,200 miles before I got to Chicago! That's killing two birds with one stone! There are plenty of cool places in NC and SC to drive during your break in period. I highly recommend the Tail of the Dragon in NC. You can do a search on the forums and get plenty of first hand experience reviews from the many members who have done it.
Appreciate 0