E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Owner's Circle site is worthless.........

06-04-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
zz25
Private
Rep
Drives: '04 Landcruiser

Owner's Circle site is worthless.........

I did all of the paperwork for ordering my car sometime in mid-April. I can't pick-up my car (Performance Center Delivery) until mid-August (because of my work schedule), so I put my order in way early to get the exact PCD date that I wanted. I finally got my production number on 23 May, with a build date of late June. No problem. Of course, on 23 May I immediately try to log into Owner's Circle on bmwusa.com. They have the wrong car. Again, no problem, because I expected this after reading others' experiences here. Twelve days later, it is still not updated. I am not worried because I called BMWUSA, just to check, and they had everything correct on my order. However, it is frustrating that a company as technologically savvy as BMW can't keep a website updated. Why have the site at all, if it is this useless? Seems to me it would be a lot cheaper to keep the site updated, than to have people calling and wasting their time to get the same information. Just my two cents.
      06-04-2006, 12:58 PM   #2
foofighter
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 TRD Off Road 4r - 2018 M3

you have to be accepting of the fact that they're building GOBS of these 3 series so to have a system that's tied directly to the production line is asking a lot even for a company like BMW.

on a side note you ordered yours in late april and got a production date of late june!? We ordered ours late may and we're scheduled to have our car completed Jun 6...I think our dealer got slotted for a more mature 112 slot
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 03:43 AM   #3
zz25
Private
Rep

I did not get a production date until June because I asked for a PCD date of mid-August. I can't pick up my car until then. That is why they are not producing the car until then. Otherwise, it would just sit somewhere for a month or so and take up valuable space. I just wanted "to see" my car in the system. That's all. I realize how many cars they produce; however, there are plenty of companies out there that do way more business/production than BMW and are able to update their web interfaces in near real-time. This is obviously not important to BMW.

Last edited by zz25; 06-06-2006 at 04:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 11:40 AM   #4
marie-louise
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325i

I ordered a 3 series on May 3. The Owner's Circle has been behind, but only by a few days. My order has been updated three times on the Owner's Circle since May 23 (production, awaiting transport, and now en route.) Initially my car was "wrong" in the system, but that got updated within a day.

I think something is not right w/ your order. You are right to be concerned that the Owner's Circle is not updated by now.

On a positive note about the site-I ordered an Arctic E90. The picture I see sure looks like an Arctic E90. I LOVE that I'm seeing "my car" when I sign in.

Ordered 5/3; picked up at SF Bay Area dealer 6/28 (55 days)
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 12:05 PM   #5
zz25
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie-louise
I ordered a 3 series on May 3. The Owner's Circle has been behind, but only by a few days. My order has been updated three times on the Owner's Circle since May 23 (production, awaiting transport, and now en route.) Initially my car was "wrong" in the system, but that got updated within a day.

I think something is not right w/ your order. You are right to be concerned that the Owner's Circle is not updated by now.

On a positive note about the site-I ordered an Arctic E90. The picture I see sure looks like an Arctic E90. I LOVE that I'm seeing "my car" when I sign in.
I just sent an e-mail to my CA. Hopefully he will be able to fix the problem or put me in touch with someone who can. I did call BMW NA and they had my everything correct with my order, so I am not that worried, just bored and having a hard time waiting to get my car!
      06-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #6
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie-louise
That definetely is a nice touch on BMW's part. Each time I log in, there's a SG E90 at the top.
      06-09-2006, 12:41 PM   #7
MB330
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2018 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [10.00]
Just call BMW 800 number - my car in a paint shop today!!!!
Finished production on July 12 !!!!
You, guys, know how I feel right now!!!
Thank You all for tons of info that I pick up from this board!!!

Edit: My car is build and moved to ED center.

Last edited by MB330; 06-11-2006 at 11:00 AM..
Appreciate 0