BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-18-2010, 02:40 AM   #1
changed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 Msport

grrrrrrrrrrr

Puncture again!!!

had 2 new 245/35/18's on the back for just over 7 days, and that light flashes on.

I have been driving for 20 years, and never had a puncture till i owned this car, and now i have had 2 in the space of a year, both of which on tyres that had only been on the car a week or so.... gutted

i presume that no one has found a way of repairing them yet
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 05:32 AM   #2
Lopster
Petrol Power!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 125i MSport, SGM/Coral, AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by changed View Post
Puncture again!!!

had 2 new 245/35/18's on the back for just over 7 days, and that light flashes on.

I have been driving for 20 years, and never had a puncture till i owned this car, and now i have had 2 in the space of a year, both of which on tyres that had only been on the car a week or so.... gutted

i presume that no one has found a way of repairing them yet
Don't get me started on flipping punctures. I've had more in this car in one year than the last ten years' previous cars put together. Three in 12 months to be precise, and they are not the most plentiful of tyres in stock either.

And, to cap it all, the almost useless tyre insurance means you cant have a puncture on the same location more than once which has already happened, but thats another thread.

Are these somehow more prone to punctures or something? Also, have you made sure its not just a one off glitch in the mechanism, i.e. on one occasion I re inflated all the tyres correctly, reset the warning light, and it didnt come back on.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 02:32 AM   #3
changed
Lieutenant
Rep

unfortunately no glitch in the sensor, it was a 8" nail!!

anyway... luckilt it was in a position where it could be repaired, but they did say it may or may not hold.. have to try i guess
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 02:40 AM   #4
Lopster
Petrol Power!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 125i MSport, SGM/Coral, AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by changed View Post
unfortunately no glitch in the sensor, it was a 8" nail!!

anyway... luckilt it was in a position where it could be repaired, but they did say it may or may not hold.. have to try i guess
Unlucky. Although looking at it another way you were lucky it was repaired, presumably at a fraction of the £280 for a new one. I haven't heard of run flats being repairable before.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 04:50 AM   #5
changed
Lieutenant
Rep

£20 for a repair.

i spoke to Bridgestone who categorically state you are able to repair the Tyre without any performance or safety issues once only, IF it meets a list of requirements about size, placing blah blah.

They also stated that many garage wont take the responsibility of repairing, and that BMW themselves say they are not repairable.

I think the manufacturer should know... and £20 compared to £200 is a big enough difference to take Mr Bridgestone's advice!
Appreciate 0