BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-23-2008, 08:26 PM   #1
Pimp Star
Captain
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

135? Yes, please.

First off, I'd like to say hi to everybody on 1addicts. Secondly, I'd like to say that I've been looking a new car recently and I've landed with BMW, specifically, the 135i Coupe. I chose BMW for three main reasons: quality, performance, and they are very fun cars. :biggrin: I am 19 years old and I am Freshman in College. I am going to purchasing my first car (I currently drive my parent's car) and I think I've landed on a winning combination:

135i Coupe -

Jet Black, Black Leatherette, Black Gloss Trim, and Sport Package

I will not be doing any heavy modding anytime soon, but, to start off I am thinking window tint and a debadge will serve me well.

Thanks,
1SeriesMan
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 09:47 PM   #2
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SeriesMan View Post
First off, I'd like to say hi to everybody on 1addicts. Secondly, I'd like to say that I've been looking a new car recently and I've landed with BMW, specifically, the 135i Coupe. I chose BMW for three main reasons: quality, performance, and they are very fun cars. :biggrin: I am 19 years old and I am Freshman in College. I am going to purchasing my first car (I currently drive my parent's car) and I think I've landed on a winning combination:

135i Coupe -

I will not be doing any heavy modding anytime soon, but, to start off I am thinking window tint and a debadge will serve me well.

Thanks,
1SeriesMan

College must pay more then when I went, I had to drive a Geo and could still barely pay tuition, lol. Grats on the car.
-Boston Grey Leather with Black High Gloss Accent
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 09:54 PM   #3
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

Sounds like a perfect choice, good luck with the black though.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 10:09 PM   #4
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

I was driving a 1960 Chevrolet Bel Air when I went to college. The car was my age 17. Paid $165 for it.

My current car is Jet Black. Jet probably looks the best of any color, but is also very difficult to keep clean and almost impossible to keep it from getting swirls and blemishes. Good luck and congrats.

Here's a pic of my Jet Black 325.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 10:13 PM   #5
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

i am 23, and am not really much older, but i find it ironic that you are 19 and your name is 1SeriesMAN

hmmmmm... just ball busting though... welcome!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 11:58 PM   #6
randomquickness
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996tt

welcome and great choice. you'll be able to enjoy this car trememdously without any modding and the blacked out theme will look great.
      03-24-2008, 12:56 AM   #7
Moistdef
Rep
Drives:

Congratulations. Lucky you able to afford a nice car and college at the same time. I have to wait till after I graduate and get settled in before I can seriously consider the 135i.
      03-24-2008, 01:02 AM   #8
Oregon
NRA Life Member, BMW CCA 30 year member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04' M3

Garage List
1971 2002  [0.00]
2004 M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SeriesMan View Post

135i Coupe -

Thanks,
1SeriesMan
19, huh? Hmmm, well, I'm 54, and, have chosen the same configuration, clearly, you demonstrate wisdom well beyond your few years, save the debadging, of course.:biggrin:

“To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them.” – George Mason
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 03:46 AM   #9
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kja325ci View Post
My current car is Jet Black. Jet probably looks the best of any color, but is also very difficult to keep clean and almost impossible to keep it from getting swirls and blemishes.
Let me introduce you to my Griot's orbital polisher. What swirls? What blemishes? Essential anyway, especially for a black car. Best $130 I ever spent!
      03-24-2008, 05:51 AM   #10
TP 135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i SGM MT

Garage List
Welcome and Congrats on your new car order.......it should look good.
With great caution and knowledge you should be able to keep away the swirls and keep the black looking good.
There is much information on how to do just that on this forum.

Cheers.........:drinking:

2008 135i SGM
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 06:40 AM   #11
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls View Post
Let me introduce you to my Griot's orbital polisher. What swirls? What blemishes? Essential anyway, especially for a black car. Best $130 I ever spent!
I'd rather be welcomed by a SGM 1 series and not have to worry about the swirls nearly as much.
Although as you see by my photo I did not do too bad a job maintaining my 3 series.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:38 AM   #12
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

Sure black looks great when its clean. Like 10 minutes after you wash it. You can't wash black in the summer sun, it will constantly dry and spot, you have to be very careful drying it, that will even cause swirls, must use a chamois or micro fiber towel. Soon after that dust collects all over. NOW white is SO EASY. Wash whenever you want, don't really need to dry it. Wait a while and dry the windows. Then put some awesome Meguiars tire gel on those beautiful 18" tires and your done. I can't wait to get rid of my black needy car. HELLO Alpine White.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 09:15 AM   #13
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

You are wise beyond your years, Grasshopper!..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:44 PM   #14
Pimp Star
Captain
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katera View Post
College must pay more then when I went, I had to drive a Geo and could still barely pay tuition, lol. Grats on the car.

:biggrin:

My parent's are very kind and pay for my college/dorm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1962 View Post
Sounds like a perfect choice, good luck with the black though.
I know what you mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by kja325ci View Post
I was driving a 1960 Chevrolet Bel Air when I went to college. The car was my age 17. Paid $165 for it.

My current car is Jet Black. Jet probably looks the best of any color, but is also very difficult to keep clean and almost impossible to keep it from getting swirls and blemishes. Good luck and congrats.

Here's a pic of my Jet Black 325.
What a beautiful car, for the longest time I want a black/black E46, but, my parents wanted me to get a new car that is under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyGams View Post
i am 23, and am not really much older, but i find it ironic that you are 19 and your name is 1SeriesMAN

hmmmmm... just ball busting though... welcome!
:thumbup: thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomquickness View Post
welcome and great choice. you'll be able to enjoy this car trememdously without any modding and the blacked out theme will look great.
I'm sure I will. I'm definitely going to tint it though, I saw some pictures of a blacked-out 135 (black on black, tint, shadowtrim) and it looked epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moistdef View Post
Congratulations. Lucky you able to afford a nice car and college at the same time. I have to wait till after I graduate and get settled in before I can seriously consider the 135i.
:w00t: Another college student + 135 lover. My parents pay for most of my college expenses because I get good grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surname View Post
19, huh? Hmmm, well, I'm 54, and, have chosen the same configuration, clearly, you demonstrate wisdom well beyond your few years, save the debadging, of course.:biggrin:
:biggrin: Congrats on the car

...and thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls View Post
Woah! Thanks. Color is the least of my worries, my first two are insurance and tickets. But, whatever! I fill up my car and wash it every Sunday. Rain... Or Shine... Well, I'm in Southern California and it never rains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP 135i View Post
Welcome and Congrats on your new car order.......it should look good.
With great caution and knowledge you should be able to keep away the swirls and keep the black looking good.
There is much information on how to do just that on this forum.

Cheers.........:drinking:

I can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnut View Post

You are wise beyond your years, Grasshopper!..
Appreciate 0