E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > UGH -- a full week without my car... Tell your BMW service horror stories...

12-21-2005, 08:26 AM   #23
jennyt71
Red Raider '99 & '02
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 06 325i

Took my car in this morning so they could top off the oil (low on oil after 8,100 miles). When I sat down, they brought up the software update. First he called it a recall - there's a recall on your vehicle. "oh, its nothing to worry about, just a few updates since you have an early production vehicle."

I hope I dont end up with one of these horror stories. No loaner car - but thats because I called in late yesterday afternoon just to see if I could bring it in because of the oil light. Everyone was extremely nice - the service advisor, receptionist and the shuttle driver.

I even went ahead and ordered the parts to make the ashtray into a sunglass holder.

....everyone at work was AMAZED I got here so early this morning..LOL
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 10:41 AM   #24
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyt71
Took my car in this morning so they could top off the oil (low on oil after 8,100 miles). When I sat down, they brought up the software update. First he called it a recall - there's a recall on your vehicle. "oh, its nothing to worry about, just a few updates since you have an early production vehicle."

I hope I dont end up with one of these horror stories. No loaner car - but thats because I called in late yesterday afternoon just to see if I could bring it in because of the oil light. Everyone was extremely nice - the service advisor, receptionist and the shuttle driver.

I even went ahead and ordered the parts to make the ashtray into a sunglass holder.
....everyone at work was AMAZED I got here so early this morning..LOL
if you are lucky, it should take 1 full day to finish. they told me it should take 1 day, but it end up taking 5 days. they had to replace some module because for some reason it did not want to upload.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 05:24 PM   #25
jennyt71
Red Raider '99 & '02
Rep

...and so it begins.

The dealer called & said my car was ready at 2pm...GREAT! Shuttle came on time and I picked the car up at 4pm. Everything was going great until I went about 2 blocks.

I now have a different "indicator or warning lamp" showing up. This one was weird - looks like a rolled down window with an exclamation point. Ok...serious, so I pull over. First, my gas cap was open..strange..close it and dont notice anything else (I dont have my owners manual with me). I decide to make a U-turn and head back. Before I get there, the light goes off. Whatever, start heading home. (now know its the "Anti-trapping mechanism of the power windows malfunctioning" light)

Before I got home, the stupid oil light was on again. This time I just stopped & called from a parking lot. The service manager is my service advisor, convenient..yes...so I ask him why oil wasnt added...still shows 1qt low and thats the ONLY reason I brought it in to begin with. Now I hear about how they did have several cars in the drive they added oil to (obviously doesnt remember me from anyone) and he's worried its now a sensor.

UGH!!! So, back again tomorrow for round 2!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 06:15 PM   #26
ThreeBimm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325 xi

My service advisor is a complete moron. I don't know much about cars or my car in specific but he knows a lot less.

I understand it is a first year model but educate your service people a little. Just a little. That's all I ask.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 08:32 PM   #27
Meatnog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Sedan

5 weeks and I still don't have my car back...
      12-21-2005, 09:25 PM   #28
Schweitzer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
I now have a different "indicator or warning lamp" showing up. This one was weird - looks like a rolled down window with an exclamation point. Ok
I had the same thing when I picked up my car from its update. The windows just had to be "reinitialized." He rolled each one up and down a couple times in some weird order, and that took care of it.
      12-22-2005, 08:48 AM   #29
jennyt71
Red Raider '99 & '02
Rep

this morning I take it back to get oil added. The service tech apologizes and says he'll check it right now. He opens the hood, gets a rag and then remembers there is no dipstick. I show him how to get to the oil level on the dash & he adds a quart.
...now the car is a happy camper...

...now I'll shut up since Im a lucky individual who HAS my car after the software update...
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2005, 07:24 AM   #30
Meatnog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Sedan

Well, my saga continues. My SA called yesterday (the 37 day mark) and told me that 3 of the parts ordered for my car don't fit! It seems that BMW mis-catalogued some of these parts. So now they had to order 3 new parts after spending the better part of the day on the phone with BMW to figure out what those parts are.

Now I'll be lucky to get it back next week ... it'll be over 6 weeks in the shop. I am so damn frusrtated and BMW refuses to admit this is a problem.
      12-23-2005, 05:15 PM   #31
kt157
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: jet black 330i

damn, im pretty upset. my car was ready for pick up yesterday, but they closed early at 4pm, so i didn't have a chance to pick her up. well, i went to my dealer today at 7am and waited over 30min to find out their service department is closed until tuesday. Now im stuck driving a 05 325i for the whole weekend. some people wouldn't mind, but this car feel like a POS compared to my 330 or 2000 v6 accord.
why? well because it smells like shit! like a wet dog or a dead animal died in the car/ engine bay, you really smell it when u turn on the ac/fan (the smell stains my clothes and hands) . its slow and got no power (i cant even do a peel-out in the rain with the traction control off, this is a good and bad thing). the automatic trans. sucks, the hid/ xenon is crooked. interior feels and looks shitty.
theres a lot more negatives on the car that i cant think of right now.
i cant wait until tuesday
ok rant is over....
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2006, 01:42 AM   #32
bg4426
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Wow...sounds like everyone is having software problems. I think my story trumps all of the software problems though.

Anyways, I bought my car about 2 weeks ago and I made an appointment to have my alarm installed the next day and for them to do the initial detail etc. So, I return to the dealer the morning after buying the car, and drop it offer to have the install and what not. I speak with my SA and she says that the car will be finished at around 5. I go to work and around 3 I get a call from my SA. She says,

SA:I have good news!!
Me:Okay, great.
SA:Your car is done early and it looks great. Everything is working fine.
Me:Awesome, I'll be down at around 4 to pick it up.
SA:Well, I have some bad news too.
Me:Really? (not expecting anything wrong)
SA:We crashed your car.
Me:WHAT!!!??? How bad is it?
SA:You can pick it up if you want, its just the rear quarter panel, someone ran into the wall.

Anyways, needless to say I was horrified and heated. So I go down there to see my car. She is apologizing all the way and I see it and the rear wheel well is pushed in and the is the biggest paint chip I have ever seen. She asks me if I want to take it home, and I say I want a new car. She says they will make it all new again, but they will need it in the body shop for a few days. I don't have much of a choice but to agree, so I do. 4 Days later she calls me and notifies me my car is done. I go down to the dealer and inspect my car. All they did was paint over the dent!!! It was still there!! And on top of that i found deep scratches all over the car. I go to talk to my SA again and she goes and looks at it and says oh no. We will take it back immediately. So another 4 days and they call me back in to inspect. I look and all of the scratches are gone, and you cant see the dent, but can feel it. By this time I demand to speak with the Service Manager. I sit down and talk to her. And by the time we are done she has written me a paper promising me free wheel installation, alignment, and any necessary body work to fix any scratches or dings in the future . Anyways, this appeases me somewhat. So I walked out with a paper of freebies, and a promise to finish my car whenever I want. For now I am just living with it because you can't see it, but wow, it was a horror story.
Appreciate 0