BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #1
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Help: What mid pipe to pair with Meisterschaft GT?

Hi guys, I'm planning to change my stock N55 mid pipe with aftermarket mid pipe (stock DP). The Meisterschaft GT axle back does provide enough growl but I need something more for lower rpm growl. Which mid pipe do you guys recommend instead of N55 mid pipe?

I want something that flows better than the stock N55 mid pipe that has resonator at the end. FYI, my car has DCT and I can heard the canny sound when it shifts gear and I want to eliminate that ugly sound.

I heard some brands including berk, maddad, CP-e, and agency power. Please give me your recommendation and reason why I should go that way. Sound clip will be very appreciated. Thank you guys!
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 02:36 PM   #2
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

My setup is in signature. If it weren’t pouring out I’d be happy to take a video, though it sounds different under load and I don’t have a go pro.

If you remind me later this week I can grab some videos though.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 03:10 PM   #3
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats
My setup is in signature. If it weren’t pouring out I’d be happy to take a video, though it sounds different under load and I don’t have a go pro.

If you remind me later this week I can grab some videos though.
Hi, what's up man? Okay, I will be very happy to ask you again about the sound clip. I feel like there's not enough low rpm grunt even though it sounds really good during wot
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 07:27 PM   #4
Tiny Chainsaw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

The berk midpipes look the best in quality.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 09:17 PM   #5
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Chainsaw View Post
Maddad has my first choice when I saw it for the first time compared to other mid pipes for 135i. Any specific reason beside how it looks that made you say like that? Harold from HPA told me that Maddad is one of the best in quality and performance mid pipe.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 09:40 PM   #6
Tiny Chainsaw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL 19 View Post
Maddad has my first choice when I saw it for the first time compared to other mid pipes for 135i. Any specific reason beside how it looks that made you say like that? Harold from HPA told me that Maddad is one of the best in quality and performance mid pipe.
Nope just my biased opinion lol. I have AR downpipes and berk mid/street tech exhaust. Perfect amount of loudness.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 10:24 PM   #7
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nope just my biased opinion lol. I have AR downpipes and berk mid/street tech exhaust. Perfect amount of loudness.
Ahh, I see. It's nice to get a DP but I bought my car out of CA and its just another hassle option to switch to aftermarket DP. Thanks for your comment though!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 07:07 AM   #8
vma1788
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E36s, 997, CT9a, AP1, F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL 19
Quote:
I had maddad mids and regretfully sold them to go with a resonated mid pipe. I like the maddads because they so away with the donut gasket and use a ball and socket gasket so the ID is actually larger instead of tapering down to 2.5x
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 10:49 AM   #9
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vma1788
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL 19
Quote:
I had maddad mids and regretfully sold them to go with a resonated mid pipe. I like the maddads because they so away with the donut gasket and use a ball and socket gasket so the ID is actually larger instead of tapering down to 2.5x
Any specific reason why you sell the Maddad? I'm just curious though. I'm going to put an order with HP Autoshop the latest tomorrow. It has become really demanded by people so I have to be wait in line for the next batch of Maddad midpipe.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 03:34 PM   #10
Everfly
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Get the DP ur car is 2011 and it wont be awhile for smog
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 06:06 PM   #11
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everfly
Get the DP ur car is 2011 and it wont be awhile for smog
I can't get a DP since I bought the car out of state and CA law requires me to do smog once every two year to get the registration. This september will be my second smog check, so I won't change DP at least until I pass smog check.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 06:26 PM   #12
Everfly
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I can't get a DP since I bought the car out of state and CA law requires me to do smog once every two year to get the registration. This september will be my second smog check, so I won't change DP at least until I pass smog check.
Really i did not know u have to get smog for new car bought out od state lol that's really suck
That's why i never register my car in CA
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 08:17 PM   #13
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everfly
Quote:
Really i did not know u have to get smog for new car bought out od state lol that's really suck
That's why i never register my car in CA
Good for you man! Yeah, it is suck, even though it's new you still have to do it in order to register your car in CA. By the way, just put an order on Maddad midpipe even though its on back order, lol
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 08:23 PM   #14
sparkyblue
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 135i & F80 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Whatever route you go. Keep in mind resonators are a must to eliminate rasp, reduce droning and also reduces the volume of the exhaust note.

If you want your car to be as loud as possible. Opt for mid pipes that are straight through.

I've heard cars with resonator deletes and while I like the sound, they would be far too loud to DD with.

Personally I'm fully catless with VRSF DP's, BERK resonated mids, and BERK street Axleback. I love my setup and I don't plan to ever change it. It's loud in the high rpms, deep and throaty, and when letting off it has the awesome burbles.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 12:46 AM   #15
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyblue
Whatever route you go. Keep in mind resonators are a must to eliminate rasp, reduce droning and also reduces the volume of the exhaust note.

If you want your car to be as loud as possible. Opt for mid pipes that are straight through.

I've heard cars with resonator deletes and while I like the sound, they would be far too loud to DD with.

Personally I'm fully catless with VRSF DP's, BERK resonated mids, and BERK street Axleback. I love my setup and I don't plan to ever change it. It's loud in the high rpms, deep and throaty, and when letting off it has the awesome burbles.
Sure thing man! I just order Maddad midpipe from HP Autosport and its on back order for at least 2 weeks. Looking from the design, berk has the same design as maddad but maddad gets my hand since it has better look and better piece in terms how it produced (welding and stuffs).

One thing that I won't change for now will be DP since I won't do any tune at least until the warranty is up on 2015.
Appreciate 0