BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-21-2017, 03:50 PM   #23
Mr. Pharaoh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladydragonz View Post
Now my only question. Will this diffuser line up with the clips on the 1M style bumper I have?

**UPDATE***
Spoke to a moderator, this diffuser will NOT line up with the 1M style bumper..

fudge....

someone mod the one that came with the bumper and not have it look shoddy
This style diffuser is what my recommendation was. But yes, like you said, this style is for the sport package/Mtech bumper only. I personally like this look better but, not sure if the Remus will line up with it. Hopefully whatever style you end up with it doesn't involve too much surgery to the exhaust/bumper.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 06:41 PM   #24
HyeWarrior
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

I don’t see what the big deal is. Any decent muffler shop should be able to extend or shorten the pipes behind the diffuser to make the tips fit properly.

I seriously doubt there’s an aftermarket diffuser to fit a 1M REPLICA bumper (which is different dimensions than a stock 1M bumper), especially one that would line up perfectly with the Remus exhaust.

You have two options:
1. Modify the existing Remus exhaust. Probably the easiest route (though this might make it harder to sell down the future, unless you find someone who also wants to pair it with a 1M replica rear bumper.
2. Sell the exhaust, and have a shop custom fabricate a quad exhaust to fit the diffuser.

It wouldn’t hurt to stop by a shop and get a quote or see if it’s something they can do
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 09:45 AM   #25
Ladydragonz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
I don’t see what the big deal is. Any decent muffler shop should be able to extend or shorten the pipes behind the diffuser to make the tips fit properly.

I seriously doubt there’s an aftermarket diffuser to fit a 1M REPLICA bumper (which is different dimensions than a stock 1M bumper), especially one that would line up perfectly with the Remus exhaust.

You have two options:
1. Modify the existing Remus exhaust. Probably the easiest route (though this might make it harder to sell down the future, unless you find someone who also wants to pair it with a 1M replica rear bumper.
2. Sell the exhaust, and have a shop custom fabricate a quad exhaust to fit the diffuser.

It wouldn’t hurt to stop by a shop and get a quote or see if it’s something they can do
The problem is not extending or shortening. The pipes need to be adjusted left and right. Going to visit a few shops to see what they recommend.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 04:54 PM   #26
HyeWarrior
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

Good luck! Hoping for a viable solution!
Appreciate 0