BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-28-2008, 06:57 AM   #67
dsm 335xi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Just a plug for Jon Law at Superior Motors MSP. He has handled my order very professionally.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 07:05 AM   #68
sandy198423
Private
Rep
Drives:

How to check the status

After Logging in at http://www.bmwusa.com/OwnersCircle/, where should I enter the production order number to check the status. Please walk me through the process. Sorry to ask this question in this forum.

Thanks
Kart
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 07:15 AM   #69
dsm 335xi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy198423 View Post
After Logging in at http://www.bmwusa.com/OwnersCircle/, where should I enter the production order number to check the status. Please walk me through the process. Sorry to ask this question in this forum.

Thanks
Kart
You can add it by adding a new vehicle to your profile. It will give you that option there.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 07:23 AM   #70
EODGUY
1Addict's Mad Bomber
Rep
Drives:

Just a heads up, if you use Superior Motors, try not to use Paul Magill. He is horrible about repleying to emails.

*Traded in*
2008 135i/TiAg/Coral/6M/Sport/Ipod/Premium Audio/Heated seats
*Picked up 16 August, gone 21 September. Good ridance.*

1975 Jeep CJ-5
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 02:32 PM   #71
Lexington
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Blue Water

Ordered my 135 in April with a projected July delivery to the Performance Center. Used Superior Motors with Angela as the SA. Very happy with her. Everything was progressing well until she suggested I contact a local dealer for Performance Center added accessories, such a floor mats, and assistance with title and registration. The local dealership claims to know all about military sales but has never heard of Superior Motors and appears to have little clue on how or why they should assist me as my order is not showing up on any of their paperwork. Tried getting reps from Superior and the local dealership together but it is a struggle. Starting to get a little frustrating. I have little confidence at this point that it will work out right.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 06:04 PM   #72
60Driver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

^^^ Oh ye of little faith, I feel your pain. My car just got to the port in California and I have a pretty good handle on what's going on now (or so I think).

Military Sales throws a big wrinkle in the process. Your car won't show up for the dealer until it gets to the stateside port. Hell, it won't even show up in the Owner's Circle until it gets to the port in Germany. Just take it as payment for saving nearly $4K off MSRP.

I wouldn't even try to get the reps together. Too much hassle and no real reward. When your car gets to the states (or just prior to it arriving) you'll get an email from USMilitarySales@bmwna.com. The name on the end of my email was Terry Brennan, European Delivery Coordinator, 866-439-1897 or 201-307-3890. They'll tell you that they'll FedEx the MSO, invoice and a copy of the Military Purchase Order so you can get the vehicle registered. I was sweating this stuff big time as I knew I needed these documents but didn't know when I would get them or who would get them to me.

As for the Performance Center added accessories I don't think I'd worry about them. You can either go over that when you get there (just guessing, maybe you can't) or buy them from some of the vendors on this site. You'll pay much less if you go through the vendors here rather than the dealer. Just take the stuff with you when you pick up the car (floor mats).

The Military Sales Program has been a fairly painful experience for me. There aren't enough (maybe any) CA's that can walk you through the process from start to finish so you actually feel like you know what's going on. It is worth saving nearly $4K off MSRP AND $4K in WA state sales tax, though.

PM me if you have any questions. I'd hate for anyone else to have to suffer through what I've suffered through.
      06-12-2008, 07:09 AM   #73
Lexington
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for seeing the glass half full.

I emailed a POC I was given at the Performance Center to see if they could help and to see if they had visibility on the car since it is to be delivered there. They passed the email along to BMW NA who followed up quickly but indicated they have just started tracking Military Sales deliveries. They asked for my production number and VIN, which I provided. Awaiting to hear back from them after providing them with that information. My biggest concern at this point is delivery being delayed waiting for Performance Center delivery due to a lack of coordination.

It was never very clear about the paperwork needed for registration. Superior had suggested using a local dealer for assistance with registration which I did. They were friendly enough but didn't seem to have a clue as this transaction fell outside the norm. In their defense, the personnel are all new as the dealership changed ownership earlier this year. But they claim to know all about Military Sales and Performance Center delivery but when it comes to putting the two together they just can't seem to make the connection.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 01:04 AM   #74
60Driver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Lexington,

Where is your car in the manufacturing process? Is it on a boat yet? If you selected the Performance Center delivery then that's where it should be going. There shouldn't be a delay and it shouldn't be going through a dealer.

Just got my Customs Entry document from Beckie at Ted L. Rausch Co. Got her contact info from Terry at BMW NA (Military Sales). The rest of the doc's are getting FedEx'ed.

Stateside dealers probably won't know much about Military Sales unless they've had one come through in the past. And since they have no visibility until the car hits the port it looks like they're clueless when really they aren't.

Where were you stationed when you made the purchase?
      06-13-2008, 04:03 PM   #75
Lexington
Lieutenant
Rep

The car has been completed at the factory and is "waiting transportation" not sure if that means from the factory to the port or that it is already at the port and waiting for a boat.

I was stationed at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait when I made the purchase.

The dealership does a fair number of military sales as there is an Army installation close by but they are under new ownership so the new personnel are not that experienced.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 06:34 PM   #76
320Devil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 17 X5M

I'm due back in early August and my car is not yet on a boat. I'm hoping it's waiting for me when I get back. Hopefully it will get shipped soon. I bought my car through First Choice Military Sales. So SA, Lisa Dimmick, has been a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend her.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2008, 12:26 AM   #77
60Driver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Lexington,

Small world. I just got back from Arifjan myself. I was the DCG's Pilot in Command. Made my own schedule, no one in charge of me. It was great. The housing SUCKED though.

Awaiting transportation means it's at the port waiting on a ship. Mine was there about 25 days, not that I was counting. I think there was a major F-up but since they hold all the info close I had no idea who to TYPE LOUDLY at.

350zpilot,

It'll be close as to whether your car is waiting for you or not. If it's at the port now then it'll most likely be waiting for you. Then again, mine waited 25 days...

I went through Lisa, too. She can tell you what boat it gets on before the boat sets sail. Tell her Scott from Kuwait says hi. She'll probably growl at you. :smile:
      06-23-2008, 10:25 AM   #78
Lexington
Lieutenant
Rep

Finally received notice the vehicle is on a ship and headed to the US and should be in port around the end of June. Just have to see about Performance Center delivery.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 01:02 PM   #79
corpsman
130 kmh, yeah right.
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Montego,6MT,

I'l be ordering my 2009 135i in september through Pentagon in K-Town.
Appreciate 0