E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Finally made my mind up on colour!!!!

06-12-2006, 07:55 AM   #1
medrep
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 320D Carbon Black

Finally made my mind up on colour!!!!

Phew, what a relief.

Ive had almost a month to decide what colour car and extras to order, and today ive finally decided. It is a company car, so I had to take in to account that any extras I choose I'd have to pay in cash up front and also the car would be doing over 40k miles per year spend its life in car parks

Well, after having an E46 in sapphire black for 2 years, the end result is not to go there again. I put it through a few car washes and the scratch marks are awful. My fault I know. The car does look awesome though when clean and the swirl marks are not visible.

Well, ive decided on the following.

320d Titanium Silver with Sport Stering Wheel, SP Suspension and 162 wheels. Total £1682 pennies

I was set on monaco blue, but then after seeing Nikki's pics of arctic it suddenly changed my mind on a lighter colour, but then on visiting the dealer one millionth time to check, saw a titanium silver in the sunshine and thought hmmm, yes!

So order is placed today, and cannot wait. Just wanted to thank you guys and this website for the info and help as without it the decision making process would have been much harder.

Now I can relax
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2006, 08:32 AM   #2
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Congratulations on your choice, medrep.

I think you'll like the colour- you just need bright sunny days to let it look its best.

I was in the same position as you a year ago, so here are some shots of my car to keep you entertained till yours arrives.

...& here are some e90 videos I created, including the 'First UK Meet'.

UK members are in the process of sorting out the 'Second UK Meet', after the success of the first one.
We expect to choose a central location, but could end up spreading it over a couple of days & travelling into Wales.

Hope to see you there perhaps.
Having several TiAgs may tempt you to join the rest of us for a great couple of days, probably.

More info in the UK section.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2006, 08:29 PM   #3
chicagolab
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 2006 TiAg

great color choice!!!you'll love it

E90 330i | Titanium Silver | Black/Aluminum | Step | Idrive | Sunshades | PDC | Heated Seats | M3 Lip | Roof Spoiler | Front Splitters | Lux 5.0 | Blacklines
Link to my European Delivery write up:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=143486
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2006, 05:27 AM   #4
medrep
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks!

Will keep you informed when the delivery date is. I'm also going to travel the 3hours to the dealer to collect personally, rather than have some monkey screw the life out of it all the way delivering it to me.

Just wish I was able to get the sport seats, but I had a £1500 limit via the company and had to get authorisation just to go over this by approx £200.

Crazy how they wont let you spend your 'OWN' money

Just hope the stiff suspension and bigger wheels wont make the ride too hard on these welsh hills? Looks the bomb though!

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2006, 06:55 AM   #5
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

Silver is definitely the way to go. Classic BMW color.
      06-13-2006, 07:00 AM   #6
yaja
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

If you want to turn heads and be noticed, Barrique Red is the color of choice. Everyone has black. Everyone has Silver. Barrique is THE DEFINITE EYE CATCHER!!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2006, 07:30 AM   #7
medrep
Private First Class
Rep

I never considored red as I have never seen it in person. If it was the red that is shown commonly on the M6 then yes I would seriously have considered that, but didnt fancy ordering a colour that I hadnt seen. Thats one reason why I chose against AW, as that colour almost definitely unseen on an E90 in the UK, and hence a big gamble? I will say though that the red pics in the forum do look good! I like it with the tint, think it finishes it off.

I think I have seen most of the colours available for the E90 in person, and have questioned their likelyhood against wear and tear over the long term. When I went to visit the dealer the other day there was a SG in the handover bay. In the sunlight it looked awesome, but you could see an ever so slight swirl mark on the bonnet. This car was minutes old!!

All the other cars in the lot looked great from a distance, but close up there were visible swirls marks, scratches, paint chips etc, the only colour which did not show this much or at all.......Titanium silver!

But not only that, it looked really striking too. I dont't mean to knock other colours, far from it, as monaco blue does still takes my heart, but TS just ticks all the boxes!

As a reps colour It cant go wrong.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2006, 08:01 AM   #8
yaja
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

I live in Europe, and I saw every color car in person except for Barrique Red. I have only seen two other BMW in that color. Neithr had tint, or the Sport Package. I saw a Barrique color tile, that does not give it justice. Dont get me wrong, I love the combination black and silver. I may be a bit bias, but the only regret that I have about Barrique is that it gives me too much attention. If you want to remain low-key, go with your original choice.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2006, 09:51 AM   #9
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
So now you just need to decide on an interior color!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2006, 10:18 AM   #10
kobechrome
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi

Garage List
TiAG is an old classic - my e46 was that color. Can't go wrong with it and it looks clean all the time, with minimal effort.