BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
1VOM
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M, 2014 R8 V10 Plus

production number?

Hey guys,

I have been anxiously awaiting my allocation for a 1m. I have been told that my order was submitted for production earlier this week and that I should have a production number "soon." this all started on Monday and each day I call and keep getting told BMW has not given the dealership the production number yet and it will be "by the end of the day or first thing in the morning." Now that this has gone on all week I am wondering If i have just been getting jerked around this whole time and I really don't have this allocation or if it is possible they still have not received the production number. Any input would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
hollysmac
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Bmw 228xi Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by frick38 View Post
Hey guys,

I have been anxiously awaiting my allocation for a 1m. I have been told that my order was submitted for production earlier this week and that I should have a production number "soon." this all started on Monday and each day I call and keep getting told BMW has not given the dealership the production number yet and it will be "by the end of the day or first thing in the morning." Now that this has gone on all week I am wondering If i have just been getting jerked around this whole time and I really don't have this allocation or if it is possible they still have not received the production number. Any input would be appreciated.
When I ordered my e46 M3 my production # took about a week to show.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
1VOM
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M, 2014 R8 V10 Plus

is there any way I could ask the dealer for proof that I do in fact have his June build slot? Or is that only possible with the production number?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #4
CaptSlow
Private
Rep
Drives: One of a few

Quote:
is there any way I could ask the dealer for proof that I do in fact have his June build slot? Or is that only possible with the production number?
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I went through an identical issue with my order. I was told an allocation was mine but no production number was forthcoming for over 10 days. The build dates are not guaranteed, even with a prod number. And an allocation is not verifyable until you receive a prod number. If your status code is 047, your order does not have a quota, i.e. wait list. Ask your CA for the status code on your order. Hopefully it is 057 or 111. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #5
yemski
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Garage List
2011 1M Coupe  [0.00]
FWIW I officially put my order in May 31st for a June build and I got my production number that same day. You might want to ask others but if your dealer says its for a June build you should have your production number by now.
I had an order with another dealer who claimed he had a May build, then when it didn't happen he said hopefully in June. I finally pressed him and he ended up saying latest would be an October build.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #6
dwildone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: MW F80 M3

I would expect that your dealer would have a production number for any car that was going to be built in June. I have a production number already for a build date the last week in July.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #7
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

Quote:
Sure there is. Just sit down with your CA, ask him to look up your order on the computer system and show you the screen so you can see it yourself. It shows the Allocation to the dealer who it is assigned to meaning you and what status your order is in. If your CA can't do this for you ask the Manager to do it..
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #8
superchargedman
Captain
Rep
Drives: The ///Mbulance: 1M AW

what do you guys think about my august build date? i was told the order's in, but i haven't gotten a prod wk or number yet either.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #9
dwildone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: MW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchargedman View Post
what do you guys think about my august build date? i was told the order's in, but i haven't gotten a prod wk or number yet either.
My dealer received the production number for my car late in May for a late July build (week of 7/27). I would think you should hear something by the end of this month or the first week of July at the latest.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #10
bayer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Hey guys,

Can your CA run a "Vehicle Inquiry Report"? If they do, and your order is accepted by BMW, the status will be 111 - Order accepted by AG, which means you should be good. If its still code 47 - order spec released, means BMW has not formally acknowledged your allocation, but doesn't mean they necessarily won't. It took me 7 weeks to go from Code 47 to Code 111 for my June allocation, I had to take my CA on his word that I had a June allocation. At least if you see a report with a status other than 47, that should make you feel a little better about it.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #11
Mahlzeit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I'm 047 and it's killing me.

Is there a history of 047 actually never becoming a actual car? Can't figure out if I should throw in the towel and find another dealer.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 09:23 AM   #12
bayer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahlzeit View Post
I'm 047 and it's killing me.

Is there a history of 047 actually never becoming a actual car? Can't figure out if I should throw in the towel and find another dealer.
I am afraid it's possible. I was 47 from December of last year until April when my first dealer found out ( after I pushed hard) that they only got one car for the whole year. I was #2 at that dealer so was SOL. Found a 2nd dealer with their #1 slot open. So, just depends on where you fall in line with your dealer and their allocations.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #13
Luca335
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchargedman View Post
Did you get a production week? I just received a screen update from my sales person and it shows:

Actual Production Week : 32 (last week???)
Vehicle Status ... 55 Production completed
Date Expected Sts 60 ... 8/08/11

Status 60 means ready for distribution (shipping).

You should be able to get update from your sales person. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #14
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca335 View Post
Did you get a production week? I just received a screen update from my sales person and it shows:

Actual Production Week : 32 (last week???)
Vehicle Status ... 55 Production completed
Date Expected Sts 60 ... 8/08/11

Status 60 means ready for distribution (shipping).

You should be able to get update from your sales person. Hope this helps.
last week the factory was closed for holiday, they closed from July 23 until August 7th I believe
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 08:22 PM   #15
Luca335
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

I don't know, I received the actual computer screen shot from my sales rep. Either way it's completed.
Appreciate 0