BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-17-2015, 11:50 PM   #45
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
I actually have the 639 on my stripper but have never been able to stream BT audio. Now I'm intrigued ...
Sorry OP, this is a quite off topic:

Well excellent, your stripper 1M is a quite the unicorn: The music/media interface of the E89 electronics platform changed both in MY2011 (Sept 2010) and again Sept '11 onwards, so forgive me for figuring this stuff out as we go along; With all media possibilities and changes, I had not seen your BT configuration confirmed in any forum. Using the options list from your VIN, I discovered the following:
- Based on your BT option 639, you need GPS for Assist, and thus you most likely have Combox Telematics for GPS part 84109257164 (in the bottom of your trunk). You have the rare 7H8 MOBILE PHONE PREPARATION WITH USB option that allows for Apple products USB wired control. The 6VC COMBOX CONTROL option confirms the presence of the combox.
- The above includes all hardware and connections to allow for BT streaming, but after researching on how to enable this, I had to conclude that the professional radio 663 head unit does not support it. Sorry for getting your hopes up.
- After that set back, I came across a near perfect aftermarket solution that actually does what we strippers want: streaming Bluetooth audio with title display on the headunit and steering wheel control. Search for 'ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000B Bluetooth Adapter' and you shall find. If you do not need the BMW Y-cable for iphone/ipod connection, try the WMA2000 usb-only version. Connects also non-Apple streaming (Android phones, pandora app etc) but without supporting title on car radio display. In time, I will order this and post a review.

ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000B Bluetooth Adapter...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R3ABHXY/...I2AD4U98LL32AW
Appreciate 2
      08-17-2015, 11:51 PM   #46
Luca335
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
You YVR guys, I usually spend a week in Vancouver every year, generally in late May or June. Have to look you up the next time. Great restaurant town
For sure! Yes we are spoiled, we have all kinds of good restaurants.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 12:00 AM   #47
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca335 View Post
For sure! Yes we are spoiled, we have all kinds of good restaurants.
Huge fan of Bishops in Kits, and enjoy Vij's when my GI tract can tolerate it :-)

Elysian Coffee across from the BMW dealership at 5th & Burrard, not bad.

Had a lengthy conversation with a salesman from said dealership this past May, told him I had a Canadian 1M getting shipped out to me in Idaho shortly, was not pleased. He said the Canadian BMW dealers will not sell cars to Americans for export as a matter of policy.

Oh Well, money talks and bullshit walks :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 12:17 AM   #48
Luca335
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Huge fan of Bishops in Kits, and enjoy Vij's when my GI tract can tolerate it :-)

Elysian Coffee across from the BMW dealership at 5th & Burrard, not bad.

Had a lengthy conversation with a salesman from said dealership this past May, told him I had a Canadian 1M getting shipped out to me in Idaho shortly, was not pleased. He said the Canadian BMW dealers will not sell cars to Americans for export as a matter of policy.

Oh Well, money talks and bullshit walks :-)
You have to go to Yaletown to try out some of the restaurants there. I still have not been able to try Vij's, line up every day. Canada is on sale, 30% off everything for Americans.

New cars no, but they should be able to sell pre-owned cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 12:24 AM   #49
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You have to go to Yaletown to try out some of the restaurants there. I still have not been able to try Vij's, line up every day. Canada is on sale, 30% off everything for Americans.

New cars no, but they should be able to sell pre-owned cars.
Let's be honest; even with the exchange rate, just about everything still costs way less south of the 49th parallel than in Canada . . . . our politicians are trying really really hard, but they just can't catch up with Canadian taxes :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 12:28 AM   #50
Luca335
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Let's be honest; even with the exchange rate, just about everything still costs way less south of the 49th parallel than in Canada . . . . our politicians are trying really really hard, but they just can't catch up with Canadian taxes :-)
Yes we are taxed to death up here. You got your VO in BC too?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 10:03 AM   #51
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes we are taxed to death up here. You got your VO in BC too?
No, it was a Toronto car that got sold to a 2nd hand dealership in Montreal, from whom I bought it. Fortunately, the dealer covered all the expenses and hassles for exporting and delivering the car to me in Idaho, so other than for some road salt exposure there was no difference to me in terms of where it came from in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 11:34 AM   #52
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

eeghie - Thanks for the detailed analysis -- I found it extremely interesting.

At the time, BMW Assist / enhanced USB / BT was added to my car as a no-cost option (7H8 [639 / 6FL along with 6VC Combox and 6AA/6AB which I assume is part of BMW Assist?) (Of historical interest there were also a handful of cars around this time that were delivered with no-cost standalone NAV!)

I guess the 7H8 explains why I can control music on phone via USB cable.

It's a shame that all the wiring is there and that the limiting factor is the head unit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post

Well excellent, your stripper 1M is a quite the unicorn: The music/media interface of the E89 electronics platform changed both in MY2011 (Sept 2010) and again Sept '11 onwards, so forgive me for figuring this stuff out as we go along; With all media possibilities and changes, I had not seen your BT configuration confirmed in any forum. Using the options list from your VIN, I discovered the following:
- Based on your BT option 639, you need GPS for Assist, and thus you most likely have Combox Telematics for GPS part 84109257164 (in the bottom of your trunk). You have the rare 7H8 MOBILE PHONE PREPARATION WITH USB option that allows for Apple products USB wired control. The 6VC COMBOX CONTROL option confirms the presence of the combox.
- The above includes all hardware and connections to allow for BT streaming, but after researching on how to enable this, I had to conclude that the professional radio 663 head unit does not support it. Sorry for getting your hopes up.
- After that set back, I came across a near perfect aftermarket solution that actually does what we strippers want: streaming Bluetooth audio with title display on the headunit and steering wheel control. Search for 'ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000B Bluetooth Adapter' and you shall find. If you do not need the BMW Y-cable for iphone/ipod connection, try the WMA2000 usb-only version. Connects also non-Apple streaming (Android phones, pandora app etc) but without supporting title on car radio display. In time, I will order this and post a review.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 01:16 PM   #53
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
Drift King FTW Yo.

Name:  DriftKing.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  35.9 KB
      08-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #54
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Congrats Nachob!
Thanks for making my car 111 of 218 (instead of 220) in Canada
One left for US, and one VO was written off during the Calgary flood.
I remember the Calgary one that got drowned:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=856132

It was sold as total loss, salvaged and put up for sale later.
      08-18-2015, 02:45 PM   #55
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Daaang!!!!

Thanks man for all the research. I was able to play iPod through the USB cable. And another time iPhone nav came in through BT. Freaked me out a bit. My car was a late August build. Please let me know what you find.

Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 10:43 PM   #56
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep
Drives: Valencia 1M

Yipee Nacho NachoB! Safe trip friend!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 10:56 PM   #57
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Congratulations nachob! At long last! Hope you kept your AWAK device to keep that VO 1M pristine.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2015, 02:40 AM   #58
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Daaang!!!!

Thanks man for all the research. I was able to play iPod through the USB cable. And another time iPhone nav came in through BT. Freaked me out a bit. My car was a late August build. Please let me know what you find.

Thanks again
No worries, please PM me your VIN (if you haven't posted it to registry thread)
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2015, 09:39 AM   #59
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///BYU View Post
Congratulations nachob! At long last! Hope you kept your AWAK device to keep that VO 1M pristine.
Yes! Still have it and it will be vital!!! Glad to hear from you and my Gator friend!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2015, 12:14 PM   #60
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep

Quote:
Daaang!!!!

Thanks again
Yours is quite as rare as you have the same GPS capable combox aswell (perhaps in Canadian versions not so rare), but without the 7H8. Your Bluetooth is included in 639. The IPone Nav sound is intriguing, but is probably part of HFP functionality. For streaming of bluetooth audio same advice as for Ayao and others:

Search for 'ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000B Bluetooth Adapter' and you shall find. If you do not need the BMW Y-cable for iphone/ipod connection, try the WMA2000 usb-only version. Connects also non-Apple streaming (Android phones, pandora app etc) but without supporting title on car radio display. In time, I will order this and post a review.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 01:31 PM   #61
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

nachob, my ED buddy!! I'm so happy to see you with a nice Valencia Orange 1M. Sounds like quite the adventure buying and getting your car back to San Diego. Along with your ZHP you have a great pair of BMW's.

Thanks for the PM it's great to hear from you again.

Red
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 1
      09-07-2015, 10:33 PM   #62
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Daaang!!!!

Thanks again

CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME BACK!

Apple Maps directions will come over bluetooth and also when you hit the button for Siri will use Bluetooth. It's really weird when the car is not supposed to have this feature at all. . I think the big difference is the upper level radio has a hard driver or a larger buffer
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2015, 06:19 PM   #63
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Still have KM cluster too!makes the car seem faster! Love the 300 on the speedo! : )
So, did you already swap the cluster, nachob ?
BMW OEM part # 62107845776
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=62_0471
https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E82-1_...ges/ES2706398/

Or are you more like Jude L. ?

Name:  Alfie1.png
Views: 562
Size:  274.0 KB
      11-05-2015, 11:48 PM   #64
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
So, did you already swap the cluster, nachob ?
BMW OEM part # 62107845776
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=62_0471
https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E82-1_...ges/ES2706398/

Or are you more like Jude L. ?

Attachment 1313344

Keeping the cluster. Love it. It came that way and feels faster. It says 110 in the freeway and goes to 300!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 04:23 AM   #65
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Keeping the cluster. Love it. It came that way and feels faster. It says 110 in the freeway and goes to 300!
That reminds me of early childhood days. First thing to check about a car was the V-max indicated on the instruments cluster. Had forgotten about that until my daughter recently asked me "how fast" the M2 goes:
"Normally 250, but it will be 270" (it will get the M Driver's Package)
"Haha, it's slower than the 1M."
"Not really."
"Yes-yes, because it said «300»."

Then it dawned to me that she was referring to the V-max indicated on the instruments cluster, rather than the real V-max.
      11-06-2015, 05:32 AM   #66
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Side note about the V max: 1M was never limited to 250 km/h as it was stated in official BMW documents, it was still governed but at 266 km/h or 165/166 mph (GPS proven) from the factory, this was documented many times by members including myself. Yet another unwritten fact (and fittingly so with the underrated persona of the 1M) which tells us that it was already with a driver's package installed (secretly by the M engineers ? ).

So, the M2 will be 4 km/h faster, but only when you pay for the optional driver's package. Let's name it progress and leave it there.

Hoping to see soon an honest and competent apples to apples comparo between the two (manual to manual with same -PSS- tires on both cars and a dyno would be nice too) which I bet would show us how timid the differences in all areas, a la the issue of vmax!
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 11-06-2015 at 05:40 AM..
Appreciate 2