BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
foofopps
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

135i exhaust; AA signature vs. berk mid pipe + race rear section

I know there are a million exhaust threads and I've tried to read most of them and watch all the youtube videos. I'm looking for an aggressive exhaust sound. I was pretty set on getting the AA which I know I would be happy with. However I then saw that If I went with berk exhaust I could get the midpipe too for not much more money ($150 difference). The car will be summer DD, I do not plan on doing anything like meth, but I do plan on doing a stage 1 or stage 2. Taking into consideration I might stage 2 in the future do midpipes have a determining factor in this? For example GIAC stage 2 says "turbo back exhaust is recommended" but I do not plan on toughing the down pipes ever. Some other stage 2 like dinan does not say you need a full exhaust. Does cobb have any recommended upgrades for their stage 2. I want to just have a flash and be done and do not want the jb4 piggy back. If you got through all that, share your knowledge. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
foofopps
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Nevermind, I made my mind up. Where can I get berk mid pipes and race exhaust the cheapest?? I thought I saw it somewhere for $849 but can't find it again.
Appreciate 0