BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
Vorsprung_CJB
Private
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

Wear Sensor Recommendation?

Planning on swapping the OEM pads to Cool Carbons, but I wanted to make sure I got some good wear sensors. I've had a lot of problems with the OEM ones squealing both under braking and just while rolling sometimes, which apparently is a know issue with the sensors. Can anyone recommend a brand or a part number? Or are the current OEM ones better? I'm also hoping the reduced dust will help with the premature sensor wear.

Thanks!
CJB
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #2
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsprung_CJB View Post
Planning on swapping the OEM pads to Cool Carbons, but I wanted to make sure I got some good wear sensors. I've had a lot of problems with the OEM ones squealing both under braking and just while rolling sometimes, which apparently is a know issue with the sensors. Can anyone recommend a brand or a part number? Or are the current OEM ones better? I'm also hoping the reduced dust will help with the premature sensor wear.

Thanks!
CJB
Brake pad wear sensor does not contact the brake rotor in anyway with new pads and shouldn't cause any noise issues. Even when the sensor contacts the rotor when the brake pads are at their minimum thickness, it shouldn't be noisy.

Your noise may be caused by something else.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
EAS
Rep
Drives: VF620 M3

OE brake pad sensors are your best bet and Cool Carbon Pads are a great choice.

Please note that our CC sale is extended thru Labor day!!
Appreciate 0