BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-18-2008, 02:31 AM   #89
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

We like our drivers fast and we like them slow. It's the ones in between that we have an issue with lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 02:44 AM   #90
smarm
Worsier then Tupac dying.
Rep
Drives:

And ones that don't pull over on the spur...

No prizes for being the fastest, just as long as everyone's having fun.

But cor blimey I had fun going fast!

Quote:
If you write 'Wash Me' on my car, I'll carve 'Resuscitate Me' into your chest
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 02:55 AM   #91
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

You know the funny thing is when we got to that turn off, I asked Bonnie if I should turn right or left, and we decided to turn left in the very last min. Wrong turn haha.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 03:00 AM   #92
smarm
Rep
Drives:

True blonde then! haha

Shes' a good laughh Bonnie. Should see her in a C63 Wayne.....

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 03:07 AM   #93
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

I am going to invite her along to Sandown on my next track day there. Maybe Adam may want to join the track day too.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 04:15 AM   #94
d3syd
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i MT, LMB, ProNav

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
All that fun, and no one took pictures????

Fun Car: 135i Manual LeMans Blue / Beige Leather / Grey Poplar / pro nav / euro plates. Delivered 24 June 08
Family Car: Land Rover Discovery 4 SDV6
Spare Car:
Volvo V70 Sydney Car: MB 420SEL
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 04:51 AM   #95
AussieRacer
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozza View Post
As far as video goes, I'll upload a couple tonight. The audio on the GoPro camera is shocking, in and out of the car, so I've had to add a soundtrack. I'm not overly happy with the quality of video on the GoPro either. Resolution is poor, and when the camera was outside of the car, the picture was completely washed out as there is no way to alter the exposure levels. Don't bother purchasing one.
You had already purchased so I didn't want to disappoint, but I too have seen the results and was very unimpressed. Plus it isn't exactly the most aerodynamic solution. Anything mounted in the airstream will also always give crappy sound.

I've heard the same things about the Oregon Helmet Cam. Sub-standard quality too.

To be honest the cheapest "in-car" camera solution I've come across that provides the best quality is a cheap arse Canon camera. Buy one of their cheapest models, stick a 1-2Gb card in, and you can record at least 60min of VGA quality video at 30fps! Rechargeable batteries lasts the distance too. Of this also isn't aerodynamic (also affected by wind noise) and the retractable lens doesn't like coping knocks so your mounting has to be careful. But for $140 + an SD and some batteries, the quality is excellent.

I personally use an Archos recording system (405 + helmet cam). But my needs demand remote triggering, small camera, mic placed out of airstream and lightweight. I've been pretty happy with the quality too for a system that cost less than $400 delivered. See screenshot below.
Attached Images

08-18-2008, 05:38 AM   #96
smarm
Rep
Drives:

Anthony, got any footage from it rather then screen caps?

URL would be great as well

Internal power source?

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 05:45 AM   #97
hummel
catching up...
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Well done mate. :thumbup:
I must correct you, she's an ex-girlfriend of mine. However we have a blast going out for drives like we did yesterday. We were up till around midnight last night talking about the day and were so pumped.

Have been looking what my mortage repayments could get me, geez the 135 is suddenly affordable! Not to worry, a few years and I'll be right.

Will be sure to come down and see ya blasting the 135 around the track when I can :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 05:48 AM   #98
smarm
Rep
Drives:

hummel, stuff the 135, buy the TT. You know it's been babied and well cared for, never driven hard.....

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 05:48 AM   #99
hummel
catching up...
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarm View Post
And ones that don't pull over on the spur...

No prizes for being the fastest, just as long as everyone's having fun.

But cor blimey I had fun going fast!
I dont know what speeds you guy's up the front were going but myself and John held a nice pace. I just left it in 3rd and let the little girly car do its thing and it did, I know John wasn't pushing but was fun trying to keep up in corners just a shame about the straights. All in good fun and haven't stopped telling people about my dad out:biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 05:53 AM   #100
imported_Loki
Rep
Drives:

Very funny Wayne . Just so you know, not everyone wants to be a real life Speed Racer! Me and Jono were taking in the sights and going at our own pace Not to mention avoiding the horrible stone chips courtesy of Wayne Enterprises!

It should also be mentioned that being at the back gives people an excellent opportunity to take some nice shots. All credit should go to Daryl in the passenger seat really, I was too busy trying to just keep up with you speed freaks!

And since no one has yet to put up any pics , I thought I'd give it a go.

I personally like the last two pics myself :smile: The first because of the money shot with cozza in the middle smiling and the last one because Adam is next to his Polo GTI (you are a brilliant driver man, seriously represented the VeeDubs on this cruise) and Wayne is laughing like a maniac beside his beast, and Ryan well... I don't know what he was doing

Enjoy and thanks for letting me and Daryl tag along guys. Big shout out goes to Wayne since not only did he invite me to the outing but the guy stayed behind at the meet up point cos I was late! So I guess the stone chip makes us even

- Loki / Buccaneer / Jamil
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 06:19 AM   #101
smarm
Rep
Drives:

Photos look good Jamil! Elise mentioned today you had a good time! Hope to see you at the next one.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 07:46 AM   #102
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Oh look, the slow R32 has decided to show! lol. Before you sell the car we need to at least push it once! Let's go back there and swap cars!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 07:48 AM   #103
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Nice pics btw. That first pic is the most frustrating one with that stupid camry driver refusing to pull over!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 08:34 AM   #104
AussieRacer
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarm View Post
Anthony, got any footage from it rather then screen caps?

URL would be great as well

Internal power source?
Yeah internal power source. Lasts for about 2 hrs of recording. Plus immediate playback. That helps solve paddock arguments :wink:

I've tried youtube and photobucket, and none does justice to the actual quality. But here is the start of a wet race at Phillip Island (hence water drops on lens) with a bit of slipping and sliding, and keeping a safe distance going into turn 2 for the accident I was expecting the interstaters to cause - which they did.
http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/k...5h15-James.flv
I'm not a fan of making my racing footage public so only expect the link to last about 24hrs.

PM your email address and I can send the native file through. Quite a few racers use this Archos system now as it is hard to find better quality in such a small package for the price, and with remote triggering.
      08-18-2008, 09:55 AM   #105
imported_Loki
Rep
Drives:

Thanks guys :smile:

I must have just missed you Ryan! And yeah, I was telling Elise about the weekend. Had to rush back to Melb Uni by 4 pm for a seminar. Will definitely attend another drive if you organize it + would be nice to see a non-white 135i for a change haha!

And Wayne, anytime buddy. As for the Camry, even I thought he won title of the worst slow poke of the day. Next would be that Volvo XC90.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 04:38 PM   #106
cozza
///Mthusiast
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i (March delivery)

Not a single decent photo on my camera sadly, sorry. Thanks for posting yours, Loki

Here's an onboard video from the day. It's not very exciting...

08-18-2008, 06:22 PM   #107
hummel
catching up...
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozza View Post
Not a single decent photo on my camera sadly, sorry. Thanks for posting yours, Loki

Here's an onboard video from the day. It's not very exciting...

Thanks for the video Corey, I dont remember the roads being that twisty though! :iono:
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 08:28 PM   #108
professor
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

wow corey. i loved the video! i am soooo regretting not being there with you guys.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 09:20 PM   #109
imported_Loki
Rep
Drives:

Great vid Corey. And you managed to get Wayne doing that sharp right turn at 0.05 in the gravel area!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 09:28 PM   #110
BMWDave
Totally Add1cted
Australia
Rep
Drives: X1 Xdrive23d

Garage List
2011 BMW X1 23d  [7.66]
what a cracking road! thanks for the vid Corey. Looked to be a great little cruise :smile: