BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-29-2016, 12:57 AM   #1
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

PP-Performance Flash, Seeking Feedback / Advice

Any one have experience with this flash?

As I'm post 2012 DCT looking for a flash to potentially stack with JB4 and was wondering if anyone has feedback regarding the PP tunes.

Not much info out there for the 135i. Found one owner that apparently has it however doesn't appear to be active on the forum anymore.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 04:16 AM   #2
UR25IO
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i M-SPORT DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR RIZK View Post
Any one have experience with this flash?

As I'm post 2012 DCT looking for a flash to potentially stack with JB4 and was wondering if anyone has feedback regarding the PP tunes.

Not much info out there for the 135i. Found one owner that apparently has it however doesn't appear to be active on the forum anymore.
what the hell in PP-Performance tune lol.
(I had to google it lol)
It seem like a excy with $$$ for a estimated of 420HP

I have a 2011 DCT N55 and running 270rwkw (434hp at the crank)
works out to be much cheaper (full bolt on)
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 09:22 AM   #3
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep

@UR25IO yes it is pricey for what it is, compared to alternatives like the jb4. Call me stupid but prefer flashes or full standalones and to be honest struggling with the current options for my year model. Historically come from the days of haltech/vipec/fcons etc where i had control of my own tuning.

Plan was to get a base flash and use either JB4/Procede to tweak where required as have both sitting in the box gathering dust.

There is only 3 local companies that i have found that do flashes. Evolve Technik (partnered with PP-Performance), SAS (partnered with bpsautos.com.au) and Advan (via oetuning) so just doing the investigations at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 11:23 PM   #4
UR25IO
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i M-SPORT DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR RIZK View Post
@UR25IO yes it is pricey for what it is, compared to alternatives like the jb4. Call me stupid but prefer flashes or full standalones and to be honest struggling with the current options for my year model. Historically come from the days of haltech/vipec/fcons etc where i had control of my own tuning.

Plan was to get a base flash and use either JB4/Procede to tweak where required as have both sitting in the box gathering dust.

There is only 3 local companies that i have found that do flashes. Evolve Technik (partnered with PP-Performance), SAS (partnered with bpsautos.com.au) and Advan (via oetuning) so just doing the investigations at the moment.
hahaha you are a JDM guy lol
I know what you mean. Ive started of with BMW PPK stage 1 Flash, then went to JB4, Cobb Flash, and back to JB4 so I could use E85 mix.

May I ask what Built date is on your Car?
reason why i ask Im looking to off load my Cobb AP for $600
Mean while ill ask Cobb if this is comparable the later model N55
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 12:36 AM   #5
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep

Yes historically a JDM owner (crx, wrx, 350z aka money pits) that is showing my age isn't it. Driving my wifes 130i for 7 years made me make the switch. Love the 130i however the 135i not so much.

Anyway car is 2013 and definitely is not supported by cobb otherwise would of bought this ages ago since they offer the accesstuner pro software.
Appreciate 0