BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-22-2005, 07:22 PM   #155
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
Maybe...unless she really screws you over or gives you a reason to never speak to her again, or if you happen to be a Taurus...
Haha, I guess. Or maybe you SAID the wrong thing. Some girls its so easy to piss them off just being the one doing the talking. Hahahah
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 07:23 PM   #156
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90
Dude i swear you just sum-ed up all my beliefs in that paragraph. The last chick i dated was fuckin uptight as hell. All gets and no gives. Most girls who are attractive KNOW they're attractive and that they can get away with things, lots of things...They deserve a slap in the face (not litterally, i meant a wake up call).
Not unless she had ugly duckling syndrome haha.. Her personality is that of when she was made fun of, or when all the crushes she had, never liked her back. Maybe, i think thats why im very laid back, snottiness is a VERY ugly trait.
      12-22-2005, 07:29 PM   #157
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-4life
No better place than southern cali for those kinda chics, or up north too. Too much superficiality girls absorb on a daily basis. I've met tons of girls that go to a party drunk and the next day you talk to them they're talking about how obsessed they are w/ this one guy and this and that.. it's sad, but at least I'm not the one doing it. More for the person who doesn't get caught up in the hype, as they will be w/ the person who's to truly be cherished. That's what its' all about? No?
That's what it's ALL about. One of my ex's recently went to a party and ended up meeting this guy who was all she talked about the very next day. She also just came out of a relationship. So she ended up dating that dude she met at the party. After a month they broke up and she went with his best friend. I think girls like that only do things to get other people's attention and see their reactions. Most of the times the reactions they get arent what they wanted.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 07:34 PM   #158
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
That's what it's ALL about. One of my ex's recently went to a party and ended up meeting this guy who was all she talked about the very next day. She also just came out of a relationship. So she ended up dating that dude she met at the party. After a month they broke up and she went with his best friend. I think girls like that only do things to get other people's attention and see their reactions. Most of the times the reactions they get arent what they wanted.
That's why I think I'll be better off finding someone...you know, after their "prime" and no one wants her anymore. Sounds kind of pathetic, but it kind of makes sense if you don't like games. She definitely won't play games if she's desperate!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 07:36 PM   #159
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Maybe...unless she really screws you over or gives you a reason to never speak to her again
I second that...
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 07:38 PM   #160
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's why I think I'll be better off finding someone...you know, after their "prime" and no one wants her anymore. Sounds kind of pathetic, but it kind of makes sense if you don't like games. She definitely won't play games if she's desperate!
LOL that makes sense but kinda gross. SHe probably has STDs up the Wazoo...
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 07:38 PM   #161
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

That's the opposing view of how I think relationships should work. I think you're headed for a very bad breakup if you dont' take the time to be freinds and get to know the person that at some point you might end up dating/being w/. I've had countless freinds that would go out, meet someone one night, get into a relationship w/ them the next week and a month or so later would have the worst breakup. We live in a society that likes to rush things, and people are most def. something you can't rush, you have to take the time to learn the other person, their habits, etc., because all of that is what's going to be in the relationship. Unfortunately this is the most simple stuff that most 20+ year olds and younger just don't get. Only by mid twenties do MOST girls seem to mellow out and get the hint that it is indeed not all about them, but then again, by that time they're no longer girls.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 07:41 PM   #162
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
Not unless she had ugly duckling syndrome haha.. Her personality is that of when she was made fun of, or when all the crushes she had, never liked her back. Maybe, i think thats why im very laid back, snottiness is a VERY ugly trait.
:rocks:
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 07:42 PM   #163
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
...Only by mid twenties do MOST girls seem to mellow out and get the hint that it is indeed not all about them, but then again, by that time they're no longer girls.
Hey dude, I hope you're speaking from experience! All the girls I know in their early twenties are just as screwed up as ever!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 07:43 PM   #164
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

i wonder if girls ever ask themselves this : when my b^^bs are old and saggy, will he still like me???
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 07:48 PM   #165
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
i wonder if girls ever ask themselves this : when my b^^bs are old and saggy, will he still like me???
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 07:48 PM   #166
CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Wow, this is a huge thread considering this is just day 1.

In general, its hard to give advice on meeting that "right person" because it different for each person and even for one person things change over time. I saw someone mention that they were searching for someone "past thier prime", but I think the ideal situation is to meet someone before they reach thier prime. Its even better if you are before your prime, too.

I met my wife while we were both struggling students. She had the perfect combination of beauty and brains, but also had a great personality. We spent most of our time studying, which most other people couldn't handle. Only someone else going through a similar situation would be able to deal with either of us. That was 8 years ago and we have been married for 5 years.

I think that if I was looking for someone now, I would have to deal with people interested in me for the wrong reasons.

One thing I noticed before I got married was that being in a relationship seemed to make me more desirable to other women. Who knows maybe its true that women always want what they can't/shouldn't have. This same thing even happens now that I am married. Due to my work, I often don't wear my wedding band, but when I do it seems more women want to talk to me.

Well, this post is long enough. I'll stop here.

Last edited by CnoteMD; 12-22-2005 at 08:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 07:50 PM   #167
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's really part of the problem. Everyone, girls and guys, live in the now and never really consider growing old. If I grew old with someone, but I knew she and I were committed to being together through the good and the bad, I don't think I woud care how her body looked with age.

But that's the problem with modern society, though, too. We don't work out our problems anymore, we have "disposable" mates. If one or the other becomes inadequate, rather than even try to work it out, it's hasta la vista!

Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 07:50 PM   #168
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
Hahah, you need to come live in my house for a week and go grab grub w/ me at the local Gelsons, the women here are the trivial of all that should be taken for granted. LoL, fake boobs abundant, it's great living here, no lie. But yeh, I remember this lady told me when I was a senior year in highschool, that all the girls that look good know and have the piss poor attitudes end up being the ugly ones later in lfie, and that the girls w/ the inner beauty have beauty that lasts a lifetime and then some. I believe it, cuz I've seen it.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 07:54 PM   #169
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
That's really part of the problem. Everyone, girls and guys, live in the now and never really consider growing old. If I grew old with someone, but I knew she and I were committed to being together through the good and the bad, I don't think I woud care how her body looked with age.

But that's the problem with modern society, though, too. We don't work out our problems anymore, we have "disposable" mates. If one or the other becomes inadequate, rather than work it out, it's hasta la vista!

Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64?
I have one grey hair on my head right now and damm proud of it(seriously). It's ok to want the kind of girl you can grow old w/, but those are the diamonds in the rough.... they're there, just gotta weed through all the paris hiltons and pam andersons to get to them. I'll never apologize for not being the kinda of guy looking for a hook up cuz i'm 'in the mood".
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 07:55 PM   #170
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnoteMD
I saw someone mention that they were searching for someone "past thier prime", but I think the ideal situation is to meet someone before they reach thier prime. Its even better if you are befor e your prime, too...
You know, I was only joking about that!!!

Don't get me wrong, I like older women, but let's not get carried away!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 07:58 PM   #171
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I wouldnt care either. Thing is that, after seeing some girls jump from guy to guy, makes me wonder if that ever crosses their minds. Sure guys want them now cus they're still hot, but when the flame dies down where will the spark go??
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 07:59 PM   #172
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

No one forget how superficial our society has become. We are all guilt of thinking this way and marketing is the contributor of it. We all have our preferences, but seriously...how much of that is influence by what we see on Tv, in movies and magazines?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 08:05 PM   #173
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

I just finished taking this one English class. All we did was talked about our culture: where it comes from and how is it shaped. We had discussions everyday about everything in life: abortion, adoption, tv, movies, mags, ads, and how they influence our lives. I think that EVERYTHING in our lives is influenced by things we see on tv, movies and mags. They tell you what you want and need and how you should behave. It's freaking crazy what our society has degraded to. It's classes like the one i just took that help people understand and make our world better.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 08:08 PM   #174
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
the girls w/ the inner beauty have beauty that lasts a lifetime and then some.
man I wish I can find a girl like that. I've been waiting patiently for a while now...
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 08:11 PM   #175
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's classes like the one i just took that help people understand and make our world better.
What really sucks is after you take a class like that and learn how the population is contolled and "pulled in" by these marketing schemes...and you know you are being manipulated by the media-- and you still go along with it anyway. Yeah...I need these shoes to look good...I need this watch so girls will notice me... and this list goes on!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 08:14 PM   #176
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Quote:
man I wish I can find a girl like that. I've been waiting patiently for a while now...

Easier said than done...
Appreciate 0