BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
corrado
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

HELP: No Sound, Driver's Side Front

Hey Guys,

So I just purchased a 2008 135i with what I believe has the premium audio package. The audio sounds pretty good albeit there is no sound coming from the driver's side mid-range speaker in the door panel or the driver's side tweeter in the A-pillar. There is, however, power going to the sub beneath the driver's seat. I teared apart the trunk lining and removed the driver's seat to try and diagnose the problem.

It appears the previous owner may have had the car wired up with some aftermarket audio equipment as I found some cut speaker wire as well as some sort of unit tucked away in the trunk with power/speaker cables connected to it.

Might anyone be able to help me figure out why I'm not getting any sound to the driver's side mid-range door speaker and tweeter?

I take it the amp is the longer, rectangular shaped box with the "Continental" stickers on it?

See attached photos for what I discovered while tearing apart the car.

Thanks for the help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
corrado
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Further to my original post, it appears I don't have an amplifier located where it typically should be in the driver's side rear of the car beneath the trunk liner (see photos). Should I have one there or is one of the other two metallic boxes located directly behind the rear seat the amp? My car is equipped with iDrive (if that makes any difference).

One of the photos is kind of blurry but it appears there is a wiring harness located within that foam wrap shown in the first pic.

I'm super confused as to what's going on here because as far as I understand, I should have an amp located here. Having said that, how am I even getting sound to the other 8 speakers (everything but the driver's side door and driver's side tweeter) if I don't have an amp?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0