BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-22-2017, 11:05 AM   #1
salis
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 1M

1M HK No speaker sound, help!

Hello,

I'm new to this forum (used to be in the Z4 forum) and have searched without results.

I recently bought an 1M and today when I was going for a ride I had no sound coming out from the speakers. There is no sound at all, not from: Bt, Aux, Nav, Radio, PDC or seat belt chime. It worked perfectly yesterday when I parked it and I have not noticed any problems before.

I have tried to turn on and off the car, lock it and un lock etc. I pulled the minus cable on the battery and waited for 30mins with same results.

After some searching I have found something about the Logic 7 amplifyer that can be toasted, but also som SW update.

Does any one have an idea of what to do or check?

EDIT: I have the Sat nav and HK combination.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2017, 06:05 PM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Sounds like a bad radio head unit. Maybe try a "hard reset" by disconnecting the car's negative cable at the battery... then wait 15 minutes, then reconnect.

Be sure NOT to close the trunk... bc you won't be able to open it back up to reconnect the battery neg post. Put a towel or something so no one closes the trunk lid.

I think there is also a fuse behind the radio... if you can pull it out of the center console. Not sure IF the radio's fuse blows it would cause your issues. But it could be worth a shot. I suppose you can already checked the fuses behind the glove box ?

Dackel
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2018, 09:37 AM   #3
salis
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 1M

The following steps have been performed with no results:
- Pulled the minus cabel 1h.
- Checked the fuses in the glove box, they were fine.
- Read fault codes, it showed code of broken speaker cabel fl, fr, rl, and rear right. That is unlikely the case frome one day to another.
- Bought a used Logic 7 amp, no differens, thougt it could be the problem since the fault codes but that was not the fault either.
Checked the LED on the AMP (both AMPs) and the yellow one had a steady light with no blinking and same for the red (fiber optic).

I have also tried to connect/reconnect BT and the MIC for the BT is working when calling but no sound in the car.

I tried to downgrade the SW in the car in the menu with no result.

I did find another thread on another forum saying that this can be caused when a newer phone is paired to the BT and it get stuck in some kind of loop with the result of no sound. So next up is to get to BMW and ask for the lastest SW and hope that will fix the problem.
Appreciate 0