BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-29-2014, 05:06 PM   #1
WishBone33
First Lieutenant
Japan
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

TPMS Question

So I lost 2 of my sensors when I had to get two wheels replaced from an accident because the tire shop forgot to remove the sensors from the old wheels and install them in the new wheels so now I have to buy 2 sensors.

Does anyone know where I can just buy 2 sensors instead of 4? I found a few but they only come with the sensor and no valve stems. Do i need to buy some special valve stems or does any valve stem work with them?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 08:38 AM   #2
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishBone33 View Post
So I lost 2 of my sensors when I had to get two wheels replaced from an accident because the tire shop forgot to remove the sensors from the old wheels and install them in the new wheels so now I have to buy 2 sensors.

Does anyone know where I can just buy 2 sensors instead of 4? I found a few but they only come with the sensor and no valve stems. Do i need to buy some special valve stems or does any valve stem work with them?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, you can simply replace two TPMS sensors with no problem. We sell TPMS sensors with stems, pricing is typically around $45-$55 per wheel depending on the year and model of car.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 12:30 PM   #3
WishBone33
First Lieutenant
Japan
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

Thanks Gary. I looked on the Tirerack website but couldn't find any sensors. I found some TPMS systems but I'm just looking for the actual sensor. Could you please send me a link?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 12:33 PM   #4
Mach1er
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 128i

Hope the tire shop pays you back for the sensors. Tough luck.
      09-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #5
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishBone33 View Post
Thanks Gary. I looked on the Tirerack website but couldn't find any sensors. I found some TPMS systems but I'm just looking for the actual sensor. Could you please send me a link?

Thanks
Unfortunately the web site isn't set up to accept orders for TPMS sensors at this time. I'd be happy to help over the phone or via email.

One way to get around the web problem would be to add a complete set of wheels to the cart, then the site will allow you to add the sensors. Next, delete the wheels from the shopping cart, so that all that will be left is the sensors.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0