BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
Tommeh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 96 BMW M3 & 16 GMC Canyon

08 135i Storage above shifter

I have had issues with the little flip open storage above the gear selector for awhile now, but the vibration noise it is putting out is really annoying me now.

The issue is the magnets (Not sure if thats how it stays close) does not stick anymore... I was wondering if anyone had this issue and if its a quick fix or you have to rip the center apart. If its a bunch of work I might just convert to the open storage that is on other models.

*Not my picture sorry for quality.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 01:08 AM   #2
GAZ 345
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 1M

the open storage above the gear selector works with a little pin locating in a raised plastic channel,which hold's it open or closed,this will have come out of the channel,to get to it you will have to remove the full centre console,as the screws holding it in are on the bottom of the unit,i had this problem with mine caused by keeping spare coins/money in there & somehow they managed to fall down the back of the unit,this could be your rattle,once you have unit out it will just push back into channel or just re new it they are not expensive,but the centre console will have come out
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
Tommeh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 96 BMW M3 & 16 GMC Canyon

All that damn work T_T

Thanks for the explanation.
Appreciate 0