BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #45
Sarracino89
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 128i Black on Black

Garage List
2011 128i  [0.00]
Totally agree with you that if you can't see at night it would be pointless. But you can
I will try to get up pictures of it by monday. Along with cutoff lines of the headlights.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #46
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarracino89 View Post
Totally agree with you that if you can't see at night it would be pointless. But you can
I will try to get up pictures of it by monday. Along with cutoff lines of the headlights.
So you got your lights already?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #47
Sarracino89
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 128i  [0.00]
Yeah dave lol, that is my car in the picture. Remember, I made the conversion thread a while back... LOL
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #48
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah dave lol, that is my car in the picture. Remember, I made the conversion thread a while back... LOL
OK, now I believe that I'm firmly losing it. I read your post and I thought it was Satalite that posted, not you!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 06:34 PM   #49
Sarracino89
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
OK, now I believe that I'm firmly losing it. I read your post and I thought it was Satalite that posted, not you!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #50
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
That is funny! Quick glance with the S does seem true that that would happen.

I'm currently holding off order till I can recoup financially. (Going to study abroad this summer in Oxford) and its costing me at least 15k... On top of that I have been paying off a Cozumel scuba trip that has been planned for me and my girlfriend for awhile 2K there.

I had to weight options... BUT I do plan to get the money hopefully in a few months maybe after Summer if Sam is still around

Last edited by Satalite; 02-16-2011 at 10:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 10:44 PM   #51
Sarracino89
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satalite View Post

I'm currently holding off order till I can recoup financially. (Going to study abroad this summer in Oxford) and its costing me at least 15k... On top of that I have been paying off a Cozumel scuba trip that has been planned for me and my girlfriend for awhile 2K there.

I had to weight options... BUT I do plan to get the money hopefully in a few months maybe after Summer if Sam is still around
Sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy your study abroad. I really wish I could to do the same at the moment, or even just spend some time in Europe as I have never been out of the country -__- (Just imagine me sitting there signing my finance contract for my car and thinking how great a time I could have had in Europe with my deposit) LOL
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 07:49 AM   #52
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Studying abroad at Oxford is worth much more than headlights for your car. Congrats on the opportunity. I work for an Ivy League university and so have frequent interactions with Oxford students. Don't tell anyone I said so, but I'm more impressed with those students than I am with my university's own students!
      02-20-2011, 01:37 PM   #53
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep

Found some very interesting info today over in the E9X forum. There's a VERY long coding thread and it was just discovered today how to enable the Depo AEs as the DRLs via coding changes. Now, it's to be determined whether or not the coding is present on the 1-series, but since the 3-series is so similar, it's very possible. Also, there's some speculation that iDrive is a necessity, but that's not proven yet either. Anyway, I wanted to share since this may give us the DRL functionality we're looking for without any hardware/wiring changes necessary.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1559
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #54
bam9382
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i Coupe

people who have bought these.. could you write up a quick review of the product quality and your experience. how long was install time?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 12:39 AM   #55
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
The drl coding should be interesting. If you find out anything else let us know!

Bump!
      02-28-2011, 09:21 AM   #56
sambulat
Minimum Modification Required
Rep

pictures, update....
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #57
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambulat View Post
pictures, update....
Might want to be more specific on pictures since there are a lot of them floating around. Talking about the pictures of visibility at night?

Any updates regarding fixes of moisture issues?

Last edited by Satalite; 02-28-2011 at 01:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 01:50 AM   #58
Sam@JLC
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Might want to be more specific on pictures since there are a lot of them floating around. Talking about the pictures of visibility at night?

Any updates regarding fixes of moisture issues?
I believe the pictures they are referring to are for the cutoff lines and for output. Those will come soon, it has been raining here in socal, but hopefully it will be clear this weekend to get some shots.

As you stated, there are some issues with moisture that we are working out, as such, we have put a hold on orders, and let each customer know. The moisture isn't coming from the sealing of the headlights, but from the turn signal socket. The problem is the turn signal socket is from the stock headlights, so we believe the quickest and easiest fix is to seal that too. We are trying to test it out, its just a matter of having opening schedule for both the shop and the car at the same time. Should be worked out soon (Fingers crossed) thanks for being patient guys.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #59
jaespark87
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 2011 128i

dang no one bought these yet?
      04-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #60
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

bump for news
      04-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #61
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
PM'd Sam. Hope to hear back from him soon, he has been MIA from these forums for awhile now.

Any more news on the sealing of the turn socket light to prevent moisture leak?

What I want to know is how much for the stand-alone DEPOs + custom LED rings with shipping? I believe its 900$ with LED + HID? I would be good if its right at 500-600$ for the custom LEDs

+1 for Sam's hard work!

Last edited by Satalite; 04-03-2011 at 10:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #62
firebolt105
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

super interested

but i dont want to install them myself

anyone know where i can go?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #63
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Any dealer, car shop, car lighting shop should be able to do it. Would put it at 2.5 hours by yourself or ~4 hours by a dealer or any other place.

Not too hard to install, just have to take off the front bumper, unscrew and unhook power cord then pull out. Repeat backwards to install.

Still waiting on a response from Sam if they have fixed the turn socket moisture problem and how much for just the LED upgrade.
      04-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #64
Sarracino89
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 128i  [0.00]
Hey Guy's, the weather her in socal has been crazy with rain (well at least by us socalers persepective) and we want to be able to seal the lights and let them properly cure before introducing outside moisture to test them. I have also been a bit busy, I am in between jobs right now and its been a hectic month and so I haven't been able to get the car in for long enough to resolve the issue. Now that the weather is clear (and I am jobless for the moment) I should be able to get it over to JLC and get everything worked out. I apologize as this is turning into one of those long drawn out arrivals of a product, but since no orders have been put in, I hope it hasn't been any inconvenience. If weather permits down here, and everything goes well, we are shooting for the 15th of this month (april)

Firebolt: What part of cali are you from? JLC is in socal and can do the installation for you, or I could possibly help you out if you don't want to travel to the shop. As satalite said, it's a pretty straight forward install.

Satalite: Just the LED upgrade is still going to run you at $750 shipped. The reason being is that is where the bulk of the work is done. I know its looks like a lot of money, but when compared to everything else dealing with headlights, this is pretty cheap if you ask me, plus they are running these pretty close to production cost.

I can direct any questions to them over at JLC as they are in the process of moving to a bigger facility right now, so feel free to pm me questions that you don't post here.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 09:07 PM   #65
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Hey Guy's, the weather her in socal has been crazy with rain (well at least by us socalers persepective) and we want to be able to seal the lights and let them properly cure before introducing outside moisture to test them. I have also been a bit busy, I am in between jobs right now and its been a hectic month and so I haven't been able to get the car in for long enough to resolve the issue. Now that the weather is clear (and I am jobless for the moment) I should be able to get it over to JLC and get everything worked out. I apologize as this is turning into one of those long drawn out arrivals of a product, but since no orders have been put in, I hope it hasn't been any inconvenience. If weather permits down here, and everything goes well, we are shooting for the 15th of this month (april)

Firebolt: What part of cali are you from? JLC is in socal and can do the installation for you, or I could possibly help you out if you don't want to travel to the shop. As satalite said, it's a pretty straight forward install.

Satalite: Just the LED upgrade is still going to run you at $750 shipped. The reason being is that is where the bulk of the work is done. I know its looks like a lot of money, but when compared to everything else dealing with headlights, this is pretty cheap if you ask me, plus they are running these pretty close to production cost.

I can direct any questions to them over at JLC as they are in the process of moving to a bigger facility right now, so feel free to pm me questions that you don't post here.
Thanks for the update. If everything goes well with the light socket sealant then is that April 15th a go date to take orders?

Question regarding the ballasts for the HIDs... will we have to set up the HIDs inside the light after delivery and then mount the ballasts? Any wiring splicing or just mount and plug in main power cable? I always get confused because I hate dealing with too many connections that I have no idea where to plug anything into.

I would assume directions would come standard to help install?

Thanks!

Last edited by Satalite; 04-04-2011 at 09:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #66
Sarracino89
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks for the update. If everything goes well with the light socket sealant then is that April 15th a go date to take orders?

--> Yes that will be the go date for orders

Question regarding the ballasts for the HIDs... will we have to set up the HIDs inside the light after delivery and then mount the ballasts? Any wiring splicing or just mount and plug in main power cable? I always get confused because I hate dealing with too many connections that I have no idea where to plug anything into.

I would assume directions would come standard to help install?

Thanks!
--> The HIDs will be installed already, and you will simply have to mount the ballasts and plug in the main power cable. If there is any deviant from this, we will let you know at the time of order, and will provide instructions no matter what.
Appreciate 0