BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-17-2014, 03:48 PM   #1
NorthwestN54
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Cobb AP - "key in off position"

I've tried everything....tried after inserting the key fob (accessory power is on), tried cycling the ignition then attempting to flash, and back to accessory power after taking the key out/putting it back in. I read/reset a code just a second ago (tank ventilation....will keep an eye on it), so I know the cable/connection works.

I did a quick search, but will search some more and try for a bit more....got to do homework/pay bills in a couple hours though haha.

Excited to get an aggressive map now that I'm back in the land of 93 octane.

Thanks!

Edit: Maybe I was pushing the clutch pedal in, it's instinct by now, brb.
Edit2: Nope, that wasn't it. I recently updated the firmware for windows 8.1, think the newest firmware (only feature it lists is support for an ECU I don't have) will help? Only other thing I can think of is to disconnect the battery for a night (or shorter? Not sure if this will do anyting), other than that, I'm clueless
Edit3: Fixed it.....reading comprehension failure. I had the fob in but didn't press the start/stop button to put it in the required mode. Time for an 'agressive' test drive.
Edit4: I'd delete this, but I don't know how...waste of bandwidth at this point.

Last edited by NorthwestN54; 09-17-2014 at 06:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 07:43 PM   #2
MuNkY6913
The Crowing
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestN54
I've tried everything....tried after inserting the key fob (accessory power is on), tried cycling the ignition then attempting to flash, and back to accessory power after taking the key out/putting it back in. I read/reset a code just a second ago (tank ventilation....will keep an eye on it), so I know the cable/connection works.

I did a quick search, but will search some more and try for a bit more....got to do homework/pay bills in a couple hours though haha.

Excited to get an aggressive map now that I'm back in the land of 93 octane.

Thanks!

Edit: Maybe I was pushing the clutch pedal in, it's instinct by now, brb.
Edit2: Nope, that wasn't it. I recently updated the firmware for windows 8.1, think the newest firmware (only feature it lists is support for an ECU I don't have) will help? Only other thing I can think of is to disconnect the battery for a night (or shorter? Not sure if this will do anyting), other than that, I'm clueless
Edit3: Fixed it.....reading comprehension failure. I had the fob in but didn't press the start/stop button to put it in the required mode. Time for an 'agressive' test drive.
Edit4: I'd delete this, but I don't know how...waste of bandwidth at this point.
@dackelone see if he'll delete it for ya?

2009 135i : BMS JB4 G5 ISO,CXRacing FMIC Kit,Injen Cold Air Intake,Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe,Walboro Inline Fuel Pump, E85 BMS Backend Flash w/ 60% E85,BMS Meth injection (trunkmount),BMS dual meth nozzles,Spec stage 2+ clutch w/ steel SWFW,BMS Catless Downpipes,Berk Tech Race Axleback
Appreciate 0