BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-29-2008, 09:22 PM   #1
135iPony
Rep
Drives:

BMW of Dallas :D

Forgot to post this last week when I picked up my car.

Doug Groves over at BMW of Dallas did an awesome job all around, from the first test drive to negotiating the trade-in of my GP through keeping in touch during the ordering process, to getting me a loan car for the last week of my wait while the CARB/EPA ordeal was in the air to delivery. :thumbup: Doug went through all of the details during each step and his willingness to hang around after the dealership had technically closed for the day I went in for a test drive and go through the test drive with a great deal of patience really won my respect and helped seal the deal.

My wife was equally impressed; when we saw the car at the dealership on the day of delivery we discovered that they had given her a present too -- a stuffed plush BMW Hound. :biggrin: When I took her in to test drive a 135i (automatic) she remarked -- uh, can I get one of these next too?
2009 Crimson Red/Black 135i | Wifey's car: 2007 Red/Beige MB SLK55 AMG | Sold: Wifey's 2008 Black/Gray Volvo C30 1.0 | 2006 MINI Cooper S with JCW GP Kit #1599 | 2002 Electric Blue/White MINI Cooper S|1990 Alpine White BMW 325i
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 10:20 PM   #2
135i_TT
1Addict, and proud
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 135i M-Sport

Garage List
Awesome!:thumbup:

Congrats as well!

BMW AW 135i ZMP:6mt,Coral Red Leather,Silver Matte Trim,Heated Front Seats,I-Drive,HD Radio,Ipod/Usb,Comf.Acces
www.wix.com/TT135i/Moi
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 01:22 PM   #3
redwood
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1999 BMW 328i

Good to hear! I definitely had a great 135i test drive experience there, though it took a while before any sales people got to us (receptionist had to request somebody on the loud speaker twice). The sales guy rocked though.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 10:35 PM   #4
135iPony
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
Good to hear! I definitely had a great 135i test drive experience there, though it took a while before any sales people got to us (receptionist had to request somebody on the loud speaker twice). The sales guy rocked though.
Yeah, that kinda happened to me on the day I went in for the initial test drive. I had contacted one of their salesmen via their website and the receptionist kept telling me that he was busy. I didn't have anything better to do so I hung around and finally Doug came by and took me on the test drive. They didn't have any stick-shift TT's so we went out in an automatic and after the longest test drive I've ever had I was hooked.

As soon as I got home, my wife was like....'sooooo I guess this means we're getting one huh'
2009 Crimson Red/Black 135i | Wifey's car: 2007 Red/Beige MB SLK55 AMG | Sold: Wifey's 2008 Black/Gray Volvo C30 1.0 | 2006 MINI Cooper S with JCW GP Kit #1599 | 2002 Electric Blue/White MINI Cooper S|1990 Alpine White BMW 325i
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #5
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

I had to take my car in for a worn clutch and flywheel. I was frustrated at first knowing that I couldn't had done all the damage to cause this, however I understand the dealers position. They handled my problem very quickly and were able to lower the price of repairs by over $2000!

I am also in the process of ordering the new 1M, being 23 it is often hard to be taken very seriously at a BMW dealership, but the guys at BMW of Dallas show that they value my money just as much as anyone else.

My CA is Darrel and my SA is Peter and I have nothing but good things to say about both of them. Darrel looked a little startled when he saw that the guy he had been talking to about the 1m on the phone was so young, but after talking with him for nearly 30 minutes he realized that I am indeed a very serious buyer.

Peter does a great job keeping me informed of the progress of my car both times I've had it in, and gives me calls to tell me where my car is during all stages of repair.

They have secured a lifelong customer!

I'd recommend BMW of Dallas to everyone looking to purchase a BMW or Mini in the DFW area. Really a GREAT group of people to work with and I look forward to buying many more cars from them for years to come.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0