BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-12-2014, 06:38 PM   #4005
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenEsteban View Post
I'm looking at 103* as the hottest temperature this weekend, so no turbo weather here. As I was just discussing with another member, the a/c in our cars suck so I'll be staying in as much as possible. September in San Berdu county is hell. Can't wait for fall.
that's crazy warm! i'm ready for the winter!! coooooooooold weather is the best yo! time to go jacket shopping!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #4006
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
that's crazy warm! i'm ready for the winter!! coooooooooold weather is the best yo! time to go jacket shopping!
I can pretty much go all year with a jacket, but damn, I wish it was jacket weather now.

Edit: thats "withOUT a jacket."

Last edited by Esteban; 09-12-2014 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: cause I'm an idiot!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 09:43 PM   #4007
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
I can pretty much go all year with a jacket, but damn, I wish it was jacket weather now.
well you COULD still wear a jacket.....but you'd be sweating buckets!!!

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 10:20 PM   #4008
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is AW/Black 6MT

Quote:
I'm looking at 103* as the hottest temperature this weekend, so no turbo weather here. As I was just discussing with another member, the a/c in our cars suck so I'll be staying in as much as possible. September in San Berdu county is hell. Can't wait for fall.
Want to borrow my convertible? It's got great A/C.

I'm in Santa Barbara this wknd and it's warm...but top down along the coast is great (plus, I don't have "beautiful hair" to worry about like Greg I-never-open-my-sunroof thegr8 does ).
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 10:28 PM   #4009
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouper View Post
I'm in Santa Barbara this wknd and it's warm...but top down along the coast is great (plus, I don't have "beautiful hair" to worry about like Greg I-never-open-my-sunroof thegr8 does ).
Hottest days of the year this weekend.

How's that drive from Santa Barbara up to like SLO/Morro Bay and into San Simeon? That's my next trip in my car in the coming weeks.

But yes, it's way too dangerous for me to drive with the top down or sunroof open due to my beloved hair. Sadly, it's all I have in this world, my hair, as I think I have every other medical condition known to man. You can see though why I can no longer ride a motorcycle again. It's just too dangerous.

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 10:59 PM   #4010
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
well you COULD still wear a jacket.....but you'd be sweating buckets!

Hey! where did you get that picture of my sister? I thought I got all those taken down off the internet.

Quote:
Want to borrow my convertible? It's got great A/C.

Only if Greg will let me borrow his hair as well so I can give all the girls something to look at.

Last edited by Esteban; 09-13-2014 at 04:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2014, 09:42 AM   #4011
motorchimp
I have Brimbo's
Rep
Drives: 135is, X3

My 1 turned over 10'000 miles this week end! Not bad for 7 months eh?
I just wanted to ramble on about how absolutely wonderful this little car is. I love it more the more I drive it. The DCT is amazing, the exhaust is always angry, and the little hooligan can (now) carry my muddy bikes! The DCT in sport mode holds gears exactly as I would in my x-manual cars, even in stop and go traffic. On the other hand, stomp on the gas and the shifts are superb, quick and crisp and always with a pop from those oo pipes.
It was 50 degrees here this morning and boy does that make a difference in how responsive that inline 6 is. It just wants to GO.
I love my 1!
      09-16-2014, 03:12 AM   #4012
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorchimp View Post
My 1 turned over 10'000 miles this week end! Not bad for 7 months eh?
I just wanted to ramble on about how absolutely wonderful this little car is. I love it more the more I drive it. The DCT is amazing, the exhaust is always angry, and the little hooligan can (now) carry my muddy bikes! The DCT in sport mode holds gears exactly as I would in my x-manual cars, even in stop and go traffic. On the other hand, stomp on the gas and the shifts are superb, quick and crisp and always with a pop from those oo pipes.
It was 50 degrees here this morning and boy does that make a difference in how responsive that inline 6 is. It just wants to GO.
I love my 1!
You said it! I love mine too!
      09-16-2014, 08:27 AM   #4013
gemini.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive comp

1 is def an amazing ride, got my first 45 days ago only other car this fun was my my S2000 and this blows it out of the water
2015 335i (retired)
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 05:54 AM   #4014
Chunner
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is | #341/586

Garage List
I'm thinking of ordering all the components for the 1M strut bar conversion for my 135is. Does anybody have any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 06:24 AM   #4015
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunner View Post
I'm thinking of ordering all the components for the 1M strut bar conversion for my 135is. Does anybody have any thoughts?
What questions do you have about it?

I did this conversion a couple to few weeks ago.. I'd take pics but I'm currently out of town on business.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 08:47 AM   #4016
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunner View Post
I thought about it, too, though mostly for cleanliness reasons as dirt and debris seem to get in the holes there and are tough to get out. I also wanted to keep crap out of there to protect my fancy new suspension. Plus, I want to try to have as many M's on/in my car as I can.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 11:00 AM   #4017
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
I thought about it, too, though mostly for cleanliness reasons as dirt and debris seem to get in the holes there and are tough to get out. I also wanted to keep crap out of there to protect my fancy new suspension. Plus, I want to try to have as many M's on/in my car as I can.
I've been thinking about this one for a long time! Need to do some research on the cost and DIY potential, and convince myself that there would some sort of observable improvement in chassis rigidity, which I don't think would be apparent.

Too bad I created my user name BEFORE browsing these forums... I didn't realize at the time that I was inadvertently abusing the term M Sport. RickMsport sounds so douchy if I may say so myself. New user name on the horizon...

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 11:09 AM   #4018
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMsport View Post
I've been thinking about this one for a long time! Need to do some research on the cost and DIY potential, and convince myself that there would some sort of observable improvement in chassis rigidity, which I don't think would be apparent.

Too bad I created my user name BEFORE browsing these forums... I didn't realize at the time that I was inadvertently abusing the term M Sport. RickMsport sounds so douchy if I may say so myself. New user name on the horizon...
LOL -- I think you can ask a moderator to change your user name. Maybe FauxRick? Um, wait...never mind. I'll await your new choice!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 11:09 AM   #4019
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:

3002 tii and zxguy did it, so will have insight. I know 3002 tii had a few minor issues fitting things in if I remember correctly and had to shave something down or jam it back in to get the cowl to fit right or something. I also looked at a few other strut braces like the AA one and the cusco one. I also think getting one painted mineral grey might be cool, too.

The good news Rick is you can always change your name. I considered becoming gregthegood or gregtheokay, but they don't have the same ring to them. You could go all creative and go Rick135is or MineralGreyRick. Is RavishingRickRude taken? You'll have to get 16 M's tattooed all over your body too.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #4020
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
LOL -- I think you can ask a moderator to change your user name. Maybe FauxRick? Um, wait...never mind. I'll await your new choice!
Quote:
3002 tii and zxguy did it, so will have insight. I know 3002 tii had a few minor issues fitting things in if I remember correctly and had to shave something down or jam it back in to get the cowl to fit right or something. I also looked at a few other strut braces like the AA one and the cusco one. I also think getting one painted mineral grey might be cool, too.

The good news Rick is you can always change your name. I considered becoming gregthegood or gregtheokay, but they don't have the same ring to them. You could go all creative and go Rick135is or MineralGreyRick. Is RavishingRickRude taken? You'll have to get 16 M's tattooed all over your body too.
As my wife likes to say, my name is actually Prick but the "P" is silent. I don't think the moderators will go for Prick. rickthegr8 is available, as is Kouprick. OK, maybe not those. Whatever I choose, it's gonna be simple, and won't be specific to BMW. I'm sure IEDEI would have some good ideas floating around in his creative mind!

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 11:43 AM   #4021
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
As my wife likes to say, my name is actually Prick but the "P" is silent. I don't think the moderators will go for Prick. rickthegr8 is available, as is Kouprick. OK, maybe not those. Whatever I choose, it's gonna be simple, and won't be specific to BMW. I'm sure IEDEI would have some good ideas floating around in his creative mind!
Well, for what it's worth, I was just chastised by a coworker for sending an e-mail that says, "Greggie's Got Exhibits!" Apparently it's frowned upon to call myself Greggie and refer to myself in the third person.

How bout RickyBobby? RickThePrick? StanleyKouprick? StickWithRick. We shall wait with baited breath.

Sadly, there was that one guy named Greg135is which confused the hell out of me on this thread and people were like, greg, what did you do with your 313s? And I'm like, HUH?!

Always Greg The Great,

Greg The Great
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 12:15 PM   #4022
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The $64,000 question is, what the hell does IEDEI stand for?? Maybe he came up with it during a fitful winter storm traffic jam, as he veered off into an empty parking lot: I Embrace Donuts Embrace I
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 12:49 PM   #4023
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
The $64,000 question is, what the hell does IEDEI stand for?? Maybe he came up with it during a fitful winter storm traffic jam, as he veered off into an empty parking lot: I Embrace Donuts Embrace I
I Envy Ducks Everywhere Internationally

I Emphatically Donutize Every Interstate

Inner Ear Disorders Education Institute

Inner Ear Disorder Embolism Infarction

Idiopathy Ear Disorder Embolism Infarction

Only us doctors will find the last two amusing...or intriguing.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 01:03 PM   #4024
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I Envy Ducks Everywhere Internationally

I Emphatically Donutize Every Interstate

Inner Ear Disorders Education Institute

Inner Ear Disorder Embolism Infarction

Idiopathy Ear Disorder Embolism Infarction

Only us doctors will find the last two amusing...or intriguing.
Donutize? And now your a doctor too? Greggie's Got Imagination!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 01:07 PM   #4025
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Donutize? And now your a doctor too? Greggie's Got Imagination!
Donutize - verb, to make donuts in one's car, typically on pavement or occasionally in snow

And yes, I am a doctor. I've mentioned this before.

- Dr. G, freelance OB/GYN and senior member of IBTC
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 01:40 PM   #4026
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Appreciate 0