BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-28-2012, 03:19 AM   #23
hythe
Rep
Drives: 1M Valencia Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1M
Steering wheel is on the wrong side CONGRATS
No... The ROADS are on the wrong side...

Anyway, as you can see from the plate, this one's the non-trashed twin of the Top Gear test car.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #24
jan9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hythe View Post
Hi guys,

Just bought a Valencia Orange 1M, ex-BMW UK management. My first M car, though I've had Alpinas before, so I'm hardly new to the rapid BMW thing.

Look forward to getting to know you guys.

Mark
Hi,

Sorry for if this is me being rude but would you mind PMing me to let me know how much you got your car for? I'm seriously considering getting a VO one and having rung around the dealers today, noone seems very interested in negotiating. I had heard on a PH forum, around 38k was the price to be aiming for but prices at the dealerships are about 4k more than that! All others on here i read your posts everyday(sad i know seeing as i dont actually have a 1M) and each day I nag my wife about getting one. Think she's finally giving in!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 04:01 AM   #25
hythe
Rep
Drives: 1M Valencia Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan9
Quote:
Originally Posted by hythe View Post
Hi guys,

Just bought a Valencia Orange 1M, ex-BMW UK management. My first M car, though I've had Alpinas before, so I'm hardly new to the rapid BMW thing.

Look forward to getting to know you guys.

Mark
Hi,

Sorry for if this is me being rude but would you mind PMing me to let me know how much you got your car for? I'm seriously considering getting a VO one and having rung around the dealers today, noone seems very interested in negotiating. I had heard on a PH forum, around 38k was the price to be aiming for but prices at the dealerships are about 4k more than that! All others on here i read your posts everyday(sad i know seeing as i dont actually have a 1M) and each day I nag my wife about getting one. Think she's finally giving in!
Just wrote you a lengthy PM, but don't think I've done enough posts yet to send PMs.

Short answer - my car was low mileage (2,200) and high-spec (SatNav, DAB,H/K, heated seats, auto folding mirrors), ex-central management (but not press fleet) and advertised at £42,995, though I got it for £40,995, with a good trade-in valuation on my 335d.

There will be a number of VO press cars coming on the market about now, so tread carefully with higher-mileage cars.

I'm sure you could get to £38k for a lower spec / higher mileage car, or haggle hard (put a couple of dealers in blind competition towards month end) and you might get one of the better ones for just under £40k.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 06:14 AM   #26
jan9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: NA

Thanks so much for your reply! Will prob try playing off a few dealers against each other.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #27
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

congrats & welcome!

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 01:54 AM   #28
ol'mate
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

looks stunning! 3 more mths come on!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #29
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Welcome and congrats with the VO twin (she already got a bit of experience ).
Appreciate 0