BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-30-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
M2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Couldn't happen twice in a lifetime....

My car's dirty and I'm headed over to my friends house to show him my new ride. He has a 550 and was desperate to see my new car. Not having time to massage my car with soap personally, I run up to the brushless car wash by my home (I know, I know) and pull into the gas station (heads turing at the pumps as I drive over to the car wash entrance to find only one car waiting ahead of me; it's a BMW 330 w/ comp pkg. The driver is obsessively looking in his rear view and side view mirror. Suddenly whipping in behind me is a 335 coupe with 30 day tags with a young couple in the car. Looking in my rear view mirror I see the guy turtle-necking and talking spastically to his female friend. This guy doesn't get out of his car but eventually feels the need to pull up next to me at an angle so he can get a better look at my ride. He looks panic stricken as if he is second guessing his purchase. As the 330 finishes getting his car washed, I prepare to pay the machine and drive in. (note: always be polite and let the driver in front of you finish his car drying before you push your way into the bay). While sitting in the car wash I see a blurred vision of a figure in front of me, just outside the wash bay. the figure is standing right in the center of the exit area. As the water blasts the soap from my windshield I see a man standing there with a dropped jaw and a confused look on his face. He doesn't move throughout the whole car wash process. As I drive out of the wash the man slowly walks backwards to his car at the gas pump. This was such an unusual experience that I felt compelled to share this on the forums. I mean, I like when people look at my new car, but this was unusual and felt like a commercial. But as I drove away from the gas station I realized that I am not the only one gets stunned by the looks of this car. The visual power of the "one". Too funny...
      08-30-2008, 12:49 PM   #2
energie
Private
Rep
Drives: honda civic

Very funny. You certainly have a way with words.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 01:01 PM   #3
imported_Mr D
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

I don't see how someone would "look" as if they doubted their purchase?

That's pretty cool though...

I forgot the psychological terms for it...but it's like when you're smoking weed, there seems to be a cop and every corner (when there really isn't). When you're cheating on a test, it seems like the teacher is looking directly at you every minute (when he isn't).

:respekt:
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 01:49 PM   #4
imported_easyman
Private
Rep
Drives:

Nice.. that would prob be me if I was behind a 1 at the drive through.
      08-30-2008, 01:52 PM   #5
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

You mean self conscious and feeling guilty?
      08-30-2008, 02:00 PM   #6
N54me
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr D View Post

I forgot the psychological terms for it...but it's like when you're smoking weed, there seems to be a cop and every corner (when there really isn't). When you're cheating on a test, it seems like the teacher is looking directly at you every minute (when he isn't).

Paranoia
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 08:44 PM   #7
M2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:

lets just say he didn't look smug as he pulled up next to me. Also his actions dictated his mind set.
      08-31-2008, 09:49 AM   #8
Xyloft
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 128i

so you didnt accidently drive off with the gas nozzel still in your car did you?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 09:59 AM   #9
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Brushless Car Wash? This court finds you guilty of abusing the finish of your new 135i. This court also sentences you to a Sunday morning of community service, by applying ZAINO to your new 135i. Start off with Z5 - to remove any scratches or swirls, then Z2 with Clear Seal - follow the instructions carefully. This court also issues you with a restrictive covenant, you are not allowed to drive within 100 feet to the entrance to any automated car wash, including brushless ones. The decision of this court is final and binding.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 10:07 AM   #10
mergen
Upstart
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyloft View Post
so you didnt accidently drive off with the gas nozzel still in your car did you?
The whole time I was reading it, I was waiting for "the ax to fall." I just knew that this was somehow going to end badly, but it never did. He had me going. Good writing.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 09:27 PM   #11
energie
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester View Post
Brushless Car Wash? This court finds you guilty of abusing the finish of your new 135i. This court also sentences you to a Sunday morning of community service, by applying ZAINO to your new 135i. Start off with Z5 - to remove any scratches or swirls, then Z2 with Clear Seal - follow the instructions carefully. This court also issues you with a restrictive covenant, you are not allowed to drive within 100 feet to the entrance to any automated car wash, including brushless ones. The decision of this court is final and binding.
gay
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 07:09 AM   #12
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by en3rgie View Post
gay
What - you don't like Zaino? Or do you also use brushless car washes? Wassup?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 07:53 AM   #13
energie
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester View Post
What - you don't like Zaino? Or do you also use brushless car washes? Wassup?
Hey Lester,
Neither. I was commenting on the gayness / corniness of your admonishment! I think I need to get into your mode of humor to fully appreciate it! Don't worry, nothing against you in any way, all in good fun - seriously!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 08:35 AM   #14
Bruck
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i MT Alpine White

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:

umm paranoid?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 08:49 AM   #15
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by en3rgie View Post
Hey Lester,
Neither. I was commenting on the gayness / corniness of your admonishment! I think I need to get into your mode of humor to fully appreciate it! Don't worry, nothing against you in any way, all in good fun - seriously!
No problem at all. I enjoy the banter!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 01:11 PM   #16
energie
Private
Rep

Yah, and I know you'll be keeping me honest...!
Appreciate 0