BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-30-2009, 10:57 PM   #45
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

Way,

I did bring some stuff in from USA from Dan and found the customer service very very substandard and unacceptable. I do have other suppliers and i have enquired how much i can get them here for.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 11:58 PM   #46
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Lol that pricing is a joke. I like the standard sport steering wheel but $1200 for a non-electric performance steering wheel... who's going to fork out for that???
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 01:24 AM   #47
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

Andrew and co,

WAY TO GO!

I have been in my way not supporting local business. Just ask WAY how I import stuff from left, right and centre! Typical HongKie mentality is alive and well in this forum! hehe.

Andrew, seriously, UK is much much cheaper and shipment from Royal mail is way cheaper than USPS. Only if you have contact.

I am pretty darn sure that the carbon rear diffuser is still around the 675 pounds in UK.
      10-01-2009, 07:02 PM   #48
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Crazy money.
I bought my electronic wheel from a US dealer for much less than that 12 months ago. I'd much rather be putting sales commission money into the local pockets of people like Andrew (who bless him, helped with fitting info & advice reagrdless), than the O/S guys - but not when the difference is so high.
I also bought a beautiful new E30 M-TechII wheel from the US for ~$400 about four years ago.
While we're whinging, why do we pay four times as much as the US guys for metallic paint? We get the same paint as them from the same factory.
      10-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #49
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

its a business culture that has worked well and been embedded here for decades, its always been this way in australia, the importers try to make the luxury brands way more important and pricey then what they really are in europe and the us. like the way they didn't import manual mercs to keep the image of luxury and when you travel to europe they are used as taxis! unfortunately for australian business, and because of the internet over the past 10 years, people now know they are getting ripped off, there is absolutley no buy australia loyalty left in this country. a good example is all the bike shops that were importing fancy italian bikes that have gone out of business lately cos you can buy one from the us for half the price.
Appreciate 0