BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
Boosted1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i n54

Similar Wheel to Breyton GTR-S ??

So im on the hunt for these wheels, TireRack has the Breytons but only in black and grey, and i was looking for the silver ones.

I've already search for used ones in the F/S section but the only ones I found werent willing to ship internationally (N).

So, do ay of you recall some wheels that look alike the Breyton GTR-S? They would have to be 18". Im running 225 front and 255 rear (Michelin PSS)

Thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
Boosted1
Private First Class
Rep

So far I've found the Bremmer KRAFT BR05 in silver but looks like they are not for sale anymore on tirerack... a quik search on the for sale section here turned only BR05 with black finish wich Im not into.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Pretty much any CSL style wheel.

Alufelgen CS7, VMR VB3 and 710, etc

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
splitsecond
Space Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Miro 111 is a direct copy, but what's great about the Breytons is the weight.
Mods completed: JB4+ & FBO || LSD || BMW-P suspension + F/R sway bars || 18" Breyton GTS-R || M3 front bushings || Vogtland camber plates || BMW-P rotors + Stoptech pads |||| Acquired, not installed: BMS WW Meth kit || Logic HVI intake || Mishimoto OCC |||| Shopping for: Summer tires
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
You're right, actually. It may be worth it for OP to hold off and wait til silver Breytons are in stock.

I loved my Breytons. They looked great (I think the small touches in detail were better than any other CSL reps), and were so incredibly lightweight compared to stock and other brands in the same price range. Some people on here claim theyre very delicate and prone to cracking, but mine survived being curbed at highway speed after a nasty slip on ice. They only got minor cracks in the lip, nothing in the barrel. So minor they held air, despite being cracked. Lesser wheels would probably have fared worse. The only negative is that they're stock size so you can't get wider in the back for more traction.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #6
debadgedbmw1
BMW: intake,exhaust,strut bar,18''M1styl,CFspoiler
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
You're right, actually. It may be worth it for OP to hold off and wait til silver Breytons are in stock.

I loved my Breytons. They looked great (I think the small touches in detail were better than any other CSL reps), and were so incredibly lightweight compared to stock and other brands in the same price range. Some people on here claim theyre very delicate and prone to cracking, but mine survived being curbed at highway speed after a nasty slip on ice. They only got minor cracks in the lip, nothing in the barrel. So minor they held air, despite being cracked. Lesser wheels would probably have fared worse. The only negative is that they're stock size so you can't get wider in the back for more traction.
Me too, driven hard and very durable although lightweight! Never any cracks or bends.

Luv mine...i would wait! Hopefully there not on backorder or discontinued!??
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
Boosted1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post

For Whate I've understand they are no longer in production. I asked at tire rak 2 motnhs ago and asked yesterday and they still didnt had them on silver. The Bremmen Kraft BR05 arent anymore in their website and Gilles confirmed me that non of them are available ( Breyton GTS-R and BR05)

I came across the GTS-AV (BE by Breyton) and they look fairly similar, since the Miro's 111 look somehow different and less sprty than the GTS-R.

Here are the GTS-AV:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...ver&tab=wheels

And here they are mounted on a 1 series (AW like mine)

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523473

I already have a quote and is a very good price already with shipping to mexico. Wich offsets would be correct for my stock suspension 135i? Im running 225 front and 255 rears Michelin PSS on stock wheels with no problems, only little rubing on the fronts when I was at the track (I only noticed because the tape I had put into the front fenders was peeled off by the tires)
Appreciate 0