BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-15-2008, 06:11 PM   #1
cdub
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

My Clear Bra Experience

I just wanted to share my clear bra experience with you guys. Its my wife's new car and she is very picky...ok anal... when it comes to her new baby. We live in the Bay Area and went to Omega Tinkwerks in Pleasanton.

Vince, the owner, took plenty of time to explain the process and all of the options available. He can do as little or as much as you want. He was telling me he has done some complete car wraps on some Ferraris. When we dropped of the 1, he had an IS-F he was just finishing up.

The product he uses is Venture Shield. We opted for a full frontal wrap, and at my wifes insistance, a full rear bumper wrap. We decided for the full front because the car is Alpine White so we wanted to minimize any lines on the car. Vince tried to talk her out of wrapping the rear bumper to save me some $ (thanks for trying Vince), but she insisted.

I am extremely happy with the result. Vince is a one man show, so you know that he is the only one doing the work on your car. At the time of installation, he also popped in the shadowline grills that we purchased. He is meticulous and goes the extra mile to hide the seams. Also I don't have any wind noise associated with the side mirrors that some of the other people on the forum have experienced. Overall I think he did a superb job. Even more important he got my wifes approval.

Up next is to tint the windows! If you're wondering why it wasn't done at the same time its because he squeezed me in his busy schedule. He's booked weeks in advance.

Chris
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 06:46 PM   #2
wu2x
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

That sounds great! I was going to go with Omega Tintwerks because of my friend's recommendation plus other reviews around the web. It's great to hear that there's no whistle.

What tint are you guys getting?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 07:33 PM   #3
135-CS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EVO8,EVO9,E90,E82

Here we go jejeje
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
ucbsupafly
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

If you don't mind sharing, how much did the full front wrap cost ya?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 02:58 PM   #5
cdub
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairex View Post
That sounds great! I was going to go with Omega Tintwerks because of my friend's recommendation plus other reviews around the web. It's great to hear that there's no whistle.

What tint are you guys getting?
hmm...good question... Iwas thinking 20% for the rear window, and back seat windows and 30% for the front windows

I'm going with the Llumar Access Ceramic tint.

How a
about you?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 03:00 PM   #6
cdub
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i-CS View Post
Here we go jejeje

HAHA! I knew that was coming. I'll try to get some up. No Promises though...
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 03:04 PM   #7
cdub
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucbsupafly View Post
If you don't mind sharing, how much did the full front wrap cost ya?
I'll let vince give you a quote. Just let him know you heard about him on the forums:wink:. I did full frontal wrap+lights+rear bumper.

He stands behind his work 100%. Lifetime guaruntee. I didn't go shopping around too much. You can probably get it done for cheaper, but sometimes you get what you pay for.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 05:28 PM   #8
Vancity1
Private
Rep
Drives:

I did the half on front and back, along with rocker panels/mirrors. My friends can't even tell it's there unless I point it out to them, even then they have to put their face right near the car or get it in the right light then comes the "oooh yea".

Just incase anyone is worried about having to do a full wrap due to lines on the half.
      07-16-2008, 05:37 PM   #9
wu2x
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub View Post
hmm...good question... Iwas thinking 20% for the rear window, and back seat windows and 30% for the front windows

I'm going with the Llumar Access Ceramic tint.

How a
about you?
I've seen pics of 35% around which looked not too dark like a limo tint and it felt right so I might be going with that. Post pics of the 20%! I'd love to see what that looks like.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 01:26 AM   #10
cdub
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Just got back from Omega because Vince wanted to take a look at the car a week later to fix any details. He took a lot of time to look over his work and touch up any imperfections.

One thing I wanted to make clear about the job we had done, it was FULL custom. Nothing was precut. Everywhere the seams could be hidden it was done. For example, on the hood NO seams can be seen period, unless you open up the hood and look from the underside. On the front bumper all seams were tucked and hidden where possible, unlike a precut kit. For me this was important since the car was alpine white which would show dirt/dust at the seams very easily.

Once tint is finished I will try to post pics.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 02:02 AM   #11
wu2x
Captain
No_Country
Rep

That sounds amazing and very expensive to do
Appreciate 0