BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-12-2012, 09:51 PM   #155
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

You should. It's not a 7 day process. Either that or they are being lazy - which is a bit unusual as they usually want to get paid and close the deal ASAP.
      02-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #156
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf View Post
Yes, Gosford. I have said to them that I don't want the car in the showroom. They said they get it on Wednesday, but won't be ready until the following weekend! I will take a ride out their on the weekend perhaps to check.
Thats BS.. Probably not there yet.

They cant be that busy, that it takes more than 2 days max for PD.

Tell them you want to see the car and that you are on your way up there..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #157
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

PD usually takes < 1 day for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #158
david.orr
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Yes, Gosford. I have said to them that I don't want the car in the showroom. They said they get it on Wednesday, but won't be ready until the following weekend! I will take a ride out their on the weekend perhaps to check.
Is there any chance of confusion caused by different people use and understanding of 'this weekend' and 'next weekend'? If car is receivedby dealer on Wednesday, next weekend and this weekend may both mean 18 February weekend. Just thinking aloud.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #159
david.orr
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
They said receive car on 15th, I can pick up on 24th. I have said that's not acceptable, so awaiting a response. Perhaps they'r just trying there luck?
Yep pretty clear that's not good enough. Sorry to hear. Hope you get it fixed up and car in hand soon
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #160
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
They said receive car on 15th, I can pick up on 24th. I have said that's not acceptable, so awaiting a response. Perhaps they'r just trying there luck?

That's bullsh1t.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 02:32 AM   #161
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Tell them you will be up on Saturday to see the car.

It'll either be parked out the back as they say or ready to rock, they can't have it both ways and would only want it on the floor for the weekend/ Monday morning services.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 04:43 AM   #162
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Why have it on the floor if there aren't any more to sell?.... I have been reserved far, see what they say tomorrow...else the aggressive saffa in me will come out and will contact BMW AU
Go Ian
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 05:45 AM   #163
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Quote:
Why have it on the floor if there aren't any more to sell?.... I have been reserved far, see what they say tomorrow...else the aggressive saffa in me will come out and will contact BMW AU
I can like to have a jean pant!

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #164
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf
It generates interest in the dealership - a talking point. The proper way of doing it is ask the customer. I offered it to the dealership and they had it for two weeks. They offered me a M3 to drive around while the car is on the floor. They borrowed my car a couple of times for promotion as well. Unless you had special request like having the wheels coated it shouldn't take that long. Best to ask a please explain - it could have easily be short staffed or service is over booked.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #165
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
As Sparoz said, it's all about the halo effect. A bright orange car with crazy flairs gets people excited and gives the sales people something to talk to them about. Something along the lines of 'that's all sold out, but 135i here is actually 99% the same car, in fact we have an optional PPK to get you that extra 1%'
      02-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #166
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
True, but if customer specifically asks for the car not to go on the showroom floor then I would think they have to oblige?
It's your car, if you say you want it hidden in the darkest depth of the workshop - they should oblige. However dealers have done far worse things behind their customers backs.

Ultimately, dealers really screw themselves sometimes, if try had asked and offered you some incentive - you probably would have said yes. Mine sat at the Wollongong dealers showroom for several weeks before I could get around to picking it up - what an experience that was!

That said, there is most likely a innocent and reasonable explaination for it. I would call up the sales guy/manager and ask them for an explanation of why it is taking so long and tell them that all your friends cars were ready for delivery in a day or two. You don't seem the type to take too much crap anyway ianf!
      02-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #167
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
True, but if customer specifically asks for the car not to go on the showroom floor then I would think they have to oblige?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
It's your car, if you say you want it hidden in the darkest depth of the workshop - they should oblige. However dealers have done far worse things behind their customers backs.

Ultimately, dealers really screw themselves sometimes, if try had asked and offered you some incentive - you probably would have said yes. Mine sat at the Wollongong dealers showroom for several weeks before I could get around to picking it up - what an experience that was!

That said, there is most likely a innocent and reasonable explaination for it. I would call up the sales guy/manager and ask them for an explanation of why it is taking so long and tell them that all your friends cars were ready for delivery in a day or two. You don't seem the type to take too much crap anyway ianf!
If you specifically said so then they should obliged - it is you car, and doing anything else is just wrong. As alik01 said, could a simple explanation that their detailer's away, or the plague they are gong to give you takes longer than expected?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #168
TWD
Australia
Rep
Drives: All sorts of Cars

Quote:
They want it on their floor for a few days probably.
Ian, think of the swirl marks from all these randoms touching your car...or kids brushing past it...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #169
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

Definately check it out this weekend and check the kms on it, mine had 16, someone definately had a go before i got to it. however i forgot all that pretty quick once i got in it.

i think you should demand it now, the 24th is just torture, as the last few days are an unbearable wait,
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #170
david.orr
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

I personally do not have any issue with the car sitting in the showroom as long as it is locked up. Ok for them to show off the car but my concern would be other customers playing with the clutch and gears when dry.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 02:54 AM   #171
saurabh_turingMS
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1M AW (F10 520D MSport - gone)

Doncaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausfredy View Post

Who is the dealer if you don't mind me asking
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 02:59 AM   #172
saurabh_turingMS
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1M AW (F10 520D MSport - gone)

Thanks, really looking forward to it. I going with AW, but damn that VO looks hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffa11 View Post
Congrats! Another Sydney 1M
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 06:33 AM   #173
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Next Friday for me hopefully!

Very happy for you Ian, the excitement builds!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #174
obiwun
Private
Rep
Drives: AW(well very dirty) 1M

Hey guys, I have a feeling my dealer is holding out on giving me my production date because he probably knows it's freaken ages away (i.e.. june) and I might lose interest and cancel my order. He says he will let me know as soon as BMW give any information, i am guaranteed an allocation though. My question is, how far in advance were you given your production date and expected delivery date? My Dealer is stringing me along by saying 'all production slots are full for april but you know your car will probably be getting built in may...'
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #175
obiwun
Private
Rep
Drives: AW(well very dirty) 1M

Just tried worthingtons, John is out today but the stock controller is going to call me back. My dealer has been very adamant that i have a car but i am somewhat concerned that he won't give me any more details, Its been 6 months!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #176
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwun View Post
Just tried worthingtons, John is out today but the stock controller is going to call me back. My dealer has been very adamant that i have a car but i am somewhat concerned that he won't give me any more details, Its been 6 months!
Who is your dealer?
Appreciate 0