BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-02-2009, 06:40 AM   #1
evoshane
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Corsa Exhaust Review

Just ordered the Corsa exhaust from UUC Motorwerks. Thumbs up to UUC for excellent order processing and shipping. I ordered on Wednesday and received the exhaust Friday.

The fit of the exhaust was great. Tips were perfectly centered and no adjustment was needed. Colored instructions were given but not really needed since the installation requires simply the removal of two bolts, plugging the factory exhaust vacuum line, and getting the factory exhaust off three exhaust hangers. All in all, the exhaust install took maybe 35 minutes including putting the car on the lift.

Upon initial startup I was a little shocked at the loudness of the exhaust but it has since mellowed. I put some miles on it but it has not completely developed its final tone. I neglected to tell me wife that the exhaust was installed and with windows up and the radio on she did not notice. However a high rpm run and this exhaust screams. I checked for drone at 80 mph and 110 and there is not hint of it. I am very pleased with the sound even after coming from a 350z with a powerhouse amuse titanium exhaust that sounded like a damn ferrari!

All in all I give this exhaust an 8 of 10. The two point detraction is due to high cost and the finish of the pipe from the rear cat section to the muffler. It is basically just a stainless pipe. I have had other exhausts where all the pipes were chromed and for $1300 this should have been done in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

Have you considered other exhaust before you settled on Corsa? How about CPE?
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #3
evoshane
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

I seriously considered CPE, but I was a little considered about noice level and drone. I am not saying CPE is too loud or drones, but I was confident that the Corsa would not drone.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #4
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Would you mind posting some pics?

I've recently seen/heard/filmed a CP-e turbo-back and it sounded absolutely incredible, no drone at all. My only one concern was that the muffler hangs a tad low under the body and does not fit in the cavity left by the OEM exhaust.

If I had to I guess I could live with it, but I'd like to know of any alternatives...
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 03:47 PM   #5
zamm3k
Bla!
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Would you mind posting some pics?

I've recently seen/heard/filmed a CP-e turbo-back and it sounded absolutely incredible, no drone at all. My only one concern was that the muffler hangs a tad low under the body and does not fit in the cavity left by the OEM exhaust.

If I had to I guess I could live with it, but I'd like to know of any alternatives...
most aftermarket exhaust won't fill in the cavity that the OEM exhaust fills. I don't think it should be of any concern though.
      03-02-2009, 04:54 PM   #6
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamm3k View Post
most aftermarket exhaust won't fill in the cavity that the OEM exhaust fills. I don't think it should be of any concern though.
If you look at pics of the cp-e system, it might become.

I'm not asking for perfect fit, but I'd like for the new muffler to go up into that cavity, so that it's not visible from the outside... (or not too visible).

Edit: Here is what I mean, look at these pics:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235041

The cp-e uses one single huge pipe and there is simply no way they can bend it to place the muffler into the cavity - at least not with a north-south muffler. If they used a OEM shaped muffler (lateral pipe entry), then they might.

Or, as with the Borla system, 2 smaller separate pipes which are easier to bend.

That's why I'm curious to see pics of the Corsa...
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 05:32 PM   #7
ennislaw
NCO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BSM 135i M-Sport

Quote:
If you look at pics of the cp-e system, it might become. I'm not asking for perfect fit, but I'd like for the new muffler to go up into that cavity, so that it's not visible from the outside... (or not too visible). ...
Looking at the photos, it does appear to hang a bit lower, however, I don't recall ever reading that any cp-e owner has had a problem with road clearance on this. As a prospective buyer, I certainly would be interested if they did.

As an aside, I think the Corsa axle-back sound great, but the cp-e is available as a cat-back for nearly the same price, sounds as good (or better maybe, since it subjective anyhow) and appears to be just as much a quality product.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #8
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennislaw View Post
Looking at the photos, it does appear to hang a bit lower, however, I don't recall ever reading that any cp-e owner has had a problem with road clearance on this. As a prospective buyer, I certainly would be interested if they did.

As an aside, I think the Corsa axle-back sound great, but the cp-e is available as a cat-back for nearly the same price, sounds as good (or better maybe, since it subjective anyhow) and appears to be just as much a quality product.
Not disputing any facts, not sure about the sound since I've only heard one of them in real life and I most certainly don't intend this Corsa-specific thread to become a pi$$ing match between two exhausts.

I just would like to see some pics of the Corsa installed, that's all.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #9
ennislaw
NCO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BSM 135i M-Sport

Quote:
... I most certainly don't intend this Corsa-specific thread to become a pi$$ing match between two exhausts. ...
I absolutely agree, since this is the best fact-finding forum around on the 1-series, although I also would like to know if any cp-e owners are having ground clearance problems!
Appreciate 0