BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #1
Racewar128I
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 128I BMW

Garage List
2012 BMW 128I  [0.00]
USARUER Drivers i have a question

I was told by my superviser he will have to hand over the billl to me for me running a red light.What am to expect? Will i be walking for 30 days and how many points will i be giving for this, Hope to get the picture soon... And why dose this go throw my job and not like all the other traffic tickits for exmpale like the speed trap cams the bill comes to my CMR Box ??
Steve
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 06:51 AM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

The fine of the ticket(and points) depend on how many seconds you went thru the traffic light after it turned red. IF you went thru more than ONE second after it turned red you are toast. Meaning its gonna cost you! This is why Germans don't run traffic lights.

Have a look here under AMPLE (traffic light)...

http://www.bussgeldkataloge.de/

Als Fahrzeugführer in anderen als den Fällen des Rechtsabbiegens mit Grünpfeil, rotes Wechsellichtzeichen oder rotes Dauerlichtzeichen nicht befolgt

(less than a second)...
(auf deutsch: innerhalb 1 Sekunde nach dem Umspringen über rote Ampel gefahren, kein grüner Pfeil) 90,- EUR; 3 Punkte
mit Gefährdung 200,- EUR; 4 Punkte; 1 Monat Fahrverbot
mit Sachbeschädigung 240,- EUR; 4 Punkte; 1 Monat Fahrverbot

(longer than a second)...
bei schon länger als eine Sekunde andauernder Rotphase eines Wechsellichtzeichens 200,- EUR; 4 Punkte; 1 Monat Fahrverbot
mit Gefährdung 320,- EUR; 4 Punkte; 1 Monat Fahrverbot
mit Sachbeschädigung 360,- EUR; 4 Punkte; 1 Monat Fahrverbot

The reason why it came thru your work is that is the way all tickets come. Some tickets which are just for smaller offences you will get directly. But most of the time your boss will see those too. Even parking tickets.

Good Luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Dude, read my thread regarding a ticket. Mine (Ticket) will be coming in eventually through the mail, but the notice of suspension will be coming down through the chain.
      12-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #4
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

My last two tickets (last year) were for abstand (tail gating) - the German Polizei put cameras on the bridges and down bellow. One was on the A9 near Feucht and the other time near A9 Ingolstadt. Both tickets came thru my APO mail... you have to fill out the form and "explain" yourself. The tickets came three to four months after the offense. Then 30 to 60 days later the ticket came to my boss not my APO. You simply have to pay the "ticket" and give your boss (or chain of command) a copy of the bank payment form "Konto überwiesen". Thats it, unless you also loose your drivers lic for a certain amount of days.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #5
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
unless you also loose your drivers lic for a certain amount of days.
Like me............................................for 2 months
      12-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
Racewar128I
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 128I BMW

Garage List
2012 BMW 128I  [0.00]
thanks guys running that red light was less then one second so i got lucky no more trining to get across when its still yellow for me
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 01:44 PM   #7
Swadeness
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
My last two tickets (last year) were for abstand (tail gating) - the German Polizei put cameras on the bridges and down bellow.
Sorry to thread jack but are these cameras specificly for tailgaters? I passed 3 or 4 of these between Ramstein and Trier and I was almost positive they were in the no speed restriction zone so I couldn't figure out why they were there. I never saw them flash on me (it was daylight) but I blew through one of them at about 150 kmh or so. On the way home I saw them flash on a group of cars a few hundred yards ahead of me so IDK maybe I just missed the sign and have a ticket on the way.

To the OP. I hope it all works out and your supervisor/leadership treat you resonably.
      12-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #8
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swadeness View Post
Sorry to thread jack but are these cameras specificly for tailgaters? I passed 3 or 4 of these between Ramstein and Trier and I was almost positive they were in the no speed restriction zone so I couldn't figure out why they were there. I never saw them flash on me (it was daylight) but I blew through one of them at about 150 kmh or so. On the way home I saw them flash on a group of cars a few hundred yards ahead of me so IDK maybe I just missed the sign and have a ticket on the way.

To the OP. I hope it all works out and your supervisor/leadership treat you resonably.

Yes! The Polizei usually set up these tail gating cameras only in speed limit free areas of the autobahn. It doesn't mater wha speed you drive... you still need to maintain your distance from the car in front of you. Normally two second rule or "half of your speedo" in meters.

ay you are driving 200 kph, half of that 100, is how many meters you should be behind the car in front of you. 100m of tail gating distance.

The Polizei normally use three or four cameras. Over here in Bayern they use three. Two up on the bridge, and one down bellow on the center divder/medium. This is not a speeding camera (Blitzer) but an Abstand (tail gating) camera system.

The two on top of the bridge give the polize a view of teh total traffic in general. The one down bellow is to prove who was driving your car - it takes a side profile shot and head on pics/video. IF you look closly at the metal railing ontop of the autobahn bridge... you will see spots cut into the railing where the Polizei cameras slide into position. Then they lower a camera down the center over pass bridge pillar to take your picture as you aproach the bridge. Sometimes you can also see the rolls of wires on top of the bridge or the non discript van park at one of the ends of the bridge up top. But that is rare. Normally you will only see the little lipstick camera on the center medium just as you pass under the bridge. At that point its too late.

All three cameras take video and still photos. The autobahn just beofre these bridges where they setup at... have "bar codes" engraved into the shouldlers of the autbahn. Also as you know... the white dashed stripes on all autobahns is 9m between the dash marks. The cameras use all this info to calculate your speed as you approach and you better maintain a safe distance.

Both times I got caught... I was driving around 130 kph, in a no speed limit area. I hould have had at least 65m of abstand... but in one I had 33m and the other one I had only 22m. Well... they were expensive tickets. Both times I was just being impatient and trying to get teh guy infront to "move over". lessen learned.

The Germans also have this law... that IF they catch you for the same type of offense within a two week time period... you are a habitual offender and your punishment is quite serve! So be carefull!

Here is a good website to show you what we are up against over here!

http://bayreuther-blitzer.com/bilder...ahn/index.html

Can you spot the Abstand cameras?

Name:  50960796fc0e59412_480.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  87.4 KB
The cameras are targeting the FAR lanes of traffic going under that big blue Autobahn sign.
Name:  1004821_480.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  71.1 KB

Name:  1004831_480.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  62.6 KB
the camera down bellow...
Name:  50960796fc0e7091b_480.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  121.4 KB
the van where everything gets watched
Name:  1004828_480.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  81.1 KB

Last edited by Dackelone; 12-08-2011 at 02:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 06:44 AM   #9
Drillslinger
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M / R53 / E91

Garage List
Dude, just read that last post and have to say, thanks! I've been living here for... Ever and have occasionally seen the center camera and/or the ones on the overpass but can't recall putting all 3 together like this and NEVER thought they'd be for checking abstand.

Vorsprung durch Gas Geben!!

172 of 740
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 07:09 AM   #10
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Arrow Achtung! Abstand kamera...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drillslinger View Post
Dude, just read that last post and have to say, thanks! I've been living here for... Ever and have occasionally seen the center camera and/or the ones on the overpass but can't recall putting all 3 together like this and NEVER thought they'd be for checking abstand.

The Germans don't mess around with Abstand (tail gaters). Just be glad the law is slightly different for us Ami's... bc for the Germans teh fine is based on how much that person makes per year! A few years back they nabbed some guy in Bavaria and fined him 200K euros(I think?). It was some rediculous fine.

Here are some of my real life photos of the Abstand cameras. This was takens at the BA autobahn crossing where the A73 and A70 intersection. In real life it is truely hard to see the camera until its too late. You really need to look for the add-on cameras that hang off the overpass gaurd railing. That is the tip off.

A73 Autobahn direction Coburg, just pass the BA autobahn crossing.

Same location - just no camera's. Another tipp-off where they hang the cameras are these big white stripes marking the road. In some areas the Polizei use a bar-code like markings on each shoulder of teh autobahn.
Name:  IMG_8846.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  130.4 KB

SAME bridge... but with the Polizei abstand cameras set up.... CAN you see the cameras? No? They are there!
Name:  IMG_8847.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  105.3 KB

How about now? See the cameras?
Name:  IMG_8848.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  102.6 KB

This is the small video camera... to ID the driver. The two camera's on the overpass railings give a wide angle view of oncoming traffic and one pointing down just before the bridge(lower camera). They do this so you can't say some car pulled out in front of you! And that is also why the Polizei make a video AND still pictures when they do Abstand Kontroll!
Name:  IMG_8848 - Copy.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  100.9 KB
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #11
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
Great info...thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #12
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racewar128I View Post
I was told by my superviser he will have to hand over the billl to me for me running a red light.What am to expect? Will i be walking for 30 days and how many points will i be giving for this, Hope to get the picture soon... And why dose this go throw my job and not like all the other traffic tickits for exmpale like the speed trap cams the bill comes to my CMR Box ??
Steve

Did you get your ticket yet?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 06:24 AM   #13
smellthebeans
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LPCs

Garage List
1990 325i  [0.00]
traffic tickits for exmpale like the speed trap cams the bill comes to my CMR Box ??

- where speeding tickets are sent depends on who (city/county) issues them. In general the closer to base the more likely it is going to be addressed to "supervisor" insert name & CMR.

I (or my wife rather) was just Geblitzed for 37kph in a 30kph.
      01-19-2012, 03:48 AM   #14
Mr Kleen
teh porcupine
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2020 Tesla 3 LR AWD

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [10.00]
Nope, it will come down your chain of command.

My supervisor called me into his office with a stern look on his face. He asked me to close the door and sit down, then busted out laughing "YOU GOT FLASHED, DUDE!" He had me sweating for a minute. It was 2 months after the flash so I wasn't really thinking about it.

Now that think about it I have another one coming. I knew the camera pole was there, I thought I was under the limit. Guess I was wrong.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #15
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kleen View Post
Now that think about it I have another one coming. I knew the camera pole was there, I thought I was under the limit. Guess I was wrong.

Lets hope the Blitzer was out of film! Plus the Polizei awlays "discount" your speed by 3% to account for your speedo error.

IF you are caught speeding within city limits (yellow village/city sign, 50kph max) then the ticket is much more severe than say outside the city limits.

Both of my abstand tickets came from the Regensburg Polizei (A9 just South of Nurnberg and A9 around Ingolstadt). It took about two months and the letter came to my CMR. Once you "fill out thier guilty form" (or tell them who was driving your car) it takes another 1.5 to two months for the actual ticket to come. That came to my civilian boss. Btw... with both of my tickets when the actual bill came the Polizei had added the MwSt (19% sales tax!)!! how can they do that!!! Next time I'm sending them a VAT form! lol

I know for active duty Soldiers the Polizei comes on base to the PMO and collects the money (cash in the hand) from the soldiers on the 1st of the month. You always see the Polizei a few days before the end of the month to give the PMO a heads up on the "offender list" for TMP's and POV's.

Dack
Appreciate 0