BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-29-2011, 03:21 AM   #1
Walnut
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 130i

Driver Training Day at Winton, July 16, by BMW Car Club of Victoria

Guys - thought some of you in Vic or southern NSW might be interested in this...

WINTON DRIVER TRAINING 2011
BMWCCV DRIVER TRAINING LEVEL 2
SATURDAY, July 16th, 2011

EVENT – On track training will commence at 10.00 a.m. on Saturday 16th July 2011. No more than ten (10) cars will be permitted on the track at one time. Practice will commence at 1.00 p.m. on Saturday 16th July 2011. The number of official runs will be disclosed at the Driver's Briefing.

PERSONS ELIGIBLE - The event shall be open to all members of the CAMS affiliated BMW Car Club of Victoria who hold a AASA level 2S or higher license. Day Memberships will be available for an extra $10. AASA licences can be issued on the day. Day licence $50. Yearly licence (must be member of an affiliated club) $90.

DRIVERS BRIEFING - The attendance of all drivers is required at a Drivers Briefing to be held at 9:45 a.m. Drivers who fail to attend may be liable for a penalty imposed by the Stewards or for denial of entry.

TIMING - The event will not be electronically timed, as this is a training day only

FEES - Entry fees will be discounted for early entries at $220 per Driver for BMWCC Members if received by 6pm 30th June 2011, after which entries will be at the full price of $250 until close of entries on 15th July 2011. Day Memberships will be available for an extra $10. AASA personal Accident insurance Cover will be provided.

The main thing is scrutiny, which is generally OK except for the following:
- You need a helmet, but perhaps can borrow one.
- You need a mounted fire extinguisher.
- You need a CAMS licence, and as such be a member of an affiliated club. If this is an issue, can I suggest you join the club and get your yearly CAMS licence, and enjoy the many track events (eg Sandown this weekend, and DECA skidpan on August 16).

These are VERY casual days, and a lot of fun. You will not destroy your tyres or brakes, unless you are silly... PM me if you want more details!
Appreciate 0